Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZombie_Eater
Stranger
Loc: South Louisiana
Newbie needs help with ID
    #715501 - 07/01/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Today I found some shrooms growing in my dads cow pasture about 30 miles north of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. They were growing in manure and out of the ground. They were about 50 of them growing in a fairy ring around a septic tank that is installed in the ground. I have tried to ID them using this site but am still not sure. I tried making a spore print but they did not drop very much. What they did drop was a brownish coloration. As soon as I get some film for my camera (hopefully later this evening), I will post pictures to this thread but for the meantime I will try to give a description and see what ya'll think.

The caps on most of them are broad and flattened, an off white color on the margins with a brown, "peeled-away" spot in the middle. But some of the smaller ones have a more conical shape and are a much brighter shade of white and lack the brown center. On all of the shrooms the stems are white and hollow and they all have a very prominent white veil. The gills, the larger ones that have broad caps are kind of blackish looking after picking, but the smaller one's gills are snow white. As far as I can tell none of them seem to be bruising blue or bruising any color for that matter. They range in diameter from 2 inches to 6 inches across. And in height they varied from 3 inches to 7 or 8 inches. Any ideas? I appreciate any help ya'll can give me. Thanks.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZombie_Eater
Stranger
Re: Newbie needs help with ID [Re: Zombie_Eater]
    #715780 - 07/01/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My bad. The smaller shrooms also have the brown spot in the middle of the cap. The caps also seem rather scaly. Tiny little bumps and such.

--------------------

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #715879 - 07/01/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure what kind of shrooms you have found but check out my post in this forum called magic field 2. I also live in louisiana and i have some pics of the cubes that grow around here. I have been finding a lot lately. It doesnt sound like you found cubes but check out the pics anyway just in case you spot those shrooms in a field. You will know that thats some good ones.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #716518 - 07/01/02 06:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm. It's hard to say without pictures, but if the caps are somewhat scaly, then I'd say you probably have some sort of Lepiota. Not active =\

OfflineZombie_Eater
Stranger
Re: Newbie needs help with ID [Re: Gumby]
    #716946 - 07/01/02 09:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I found these pictures on Erowid. A salvadorian strain of cubensis. They look almost exactly like the ones I have found. Can this strain even occur in Louisiana?

<>
<>

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Zombie_Eater]
    #716954 - 07/01/02 10:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#716964 - 07/01/02 10:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

How thick is the stem? Are they semi-stumpy mushrooms, or do they have skinnier long stems?

Anonymous

#717370 - 07/02/02 05:43 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #717373 - 07/02/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That strain, most likely not. P. cubensis? Yes.
Do the mushrooms you found turn blue or greenish when you pinch the stems?
Do they have purple veils?
What color is the spore print?

OfflineZombie_Eater
Stranger
Re: Newbie needs help with ID [Re: Gumby]
    #717420 - 07/02/02 06:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I saw a picture of a Lepiota and compared it. I think that is what I have found. The Lepiota in the picture has scales on the cap like the ones I found while this Salvadorian cubensis doesn't. The veils are snow white. I suppose the spores are white as well because when I tried to print them on white paper nothing came out visible except a little dirt that was on the gills. The only color of bruising I could see was reddish brown rust color on the stem and no color on the caps.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder