Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomben2003
Shroomer

Loc: Some Shroom Pasture
Q-tip Technique
    #7168260 - 07/12/07 09:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have searched the forums about using a q-tip for inoculation rather than syringes and have come accross some useful information. I just want to get all of this straight now. I can take q-tips, boil them in water for about 5 minutes. Then I quickly take them out while wearing gloves and drop them into a ziplock bag. While these q-tips are still somewhat damp from the boiling water, I can take the spore prints on aluminimu foil and quickly drop them in the bag and seal it again. I can then manipulate the q-tip to "soak up" or allow the spores from the foil to stick to it. I can then use these q tips to quickly drop into grow jars that are waiting to be inoculated. I know there are probably some holes in my theory but I don't have a glovebox or a pc. I would also much rather do this than making a syringe. Any help would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblesHrOoMaCiDe
I lie in thesoil andfertilizemushrooms
 User Gallery

Loc: Gliese581c
Re: Q-tip Technique [Re: shroomben2003]
    #7168352 - 07/12/07 09:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds like it really could work. In my experience, i usually have contamination problems when using syringes. The q-tip idea sounds cool. Give it a try and tell us how it goes. I mean as long as you boil it good and keep it from getting contaminated, then i don't see why it wouldn't work ya know?

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Re: Q-tip Technique [Re: sHrOoMaCiDe]
    #7168380 - 07/12/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like it could work, but also sounds innefficiant. Making syringes is super easy, getting syringes is super easy too, (any feed or medical supply store should have them) but if you have something against the syringes, go for it, just seems like you'll have trouble with measurements and quanities and what nots... What are you trying to knock up?

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

OfflineLVL12
 User Gallery

Re: Q-tip Technique [Re: LVL12]
    #7168397 - 07/12/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

NO glove box or PC? so I'm assuming you're going to use PF cakes, also you're going to have to open the BRF cake after its sterilized to insert the q-tip, doing this without a glove box is a big contam risk. Also, you'll have to bypass the vermiculite layer,

this seems like its most likely going to be contam city, if it works. So, do you dislike the syringes or do you have trouble getting access to them?

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

Offlineshroomben2003
Shroomer

Re: Q-tip Technique [Re: LVL12]
    #7168420 - 07/12/07 09:30 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, it seems easier just to do it with q-tips although the risk for contamination is high. Maybe I'll just get syringes. Can you get them at petsmart?

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: NewYork
    #7168516 - 07/12/07 09:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It sounds really risky, you are exposing it to a lot of contams. When reading this, I felt that it might worked, however, when I read that you do not have a glove box, it is gonna be even more exposed to contams. I would spend the extra cash and do it with a spore syringe it is not hard to do and safer then the Q-tip.

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery

#7168525 - 07/12/07 09:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

You can get them at walmart, cvs, and a lot of other places, do a search.

Offlineshroomben2003
Shroomer

Re: Q-tip Technique [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #7168543 - 07/12/07 10:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

0k thanks a lot. If they ask, I'll just tell them I need them for a biology course I'm taking.;)

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery

#7168588 - 07/12/07 10:09 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, if they ask you can tell them whatever you want. Even saying that you are making a spore syringe will be fine. GL

OfflineLVL12
 User Gallery

Re: Q-tip Technique [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #7169179 - 07/13/07 12:11 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

They don't ever ask, people buy syringes all the time, sometimes cause they're diabetic (although the syringes we use would be very large for that) sometimes for heroin or other drugs, sometimes for their pets. Usually whenever someone asks me why i am purchasing something, I tell them its for drugs, then laugh, they laugh too. The best was the bird seed, 50lbs bag, at home depot, Girl says "lots of birds at your house eh" I said "no, I turn the bird seed into drugs." She laughed and talked about sudafed for a second. Its funny.

They won't ask you why you want them, and if they do, just tell them its private, or tell them botany or biology or something.

The only time you may have trouble getting syringes is if you're underage. but even then, where theres a will there is a way.

--------------------

OfflineSuperFunGuy
1up farmer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
    #7169238 - 07/13/07 12:24 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I would say you should try it. But all in all to go with syringes. It's a good enough set up already. But, thats not saying it cant be improved, just this isn't the way to improve it IMO. But no way to tell with out trying it eh? Log your results or a jar or so.

:1up:FunGuy:1up:

--------------------
:1up: FunGuy :1up:   
:pm: Bored? Pissed? Have a question? Feel free to PM me =] :pm:
Fuck Bill O'Reilly
:pimpslap:Omfg! I'm invisible!!

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.”

- Joe Rogan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale