Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJoseLibrado
return

What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving?
    #7160909 - 07/11/07 01:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have recently and from the beggining of me discovering love as unconditional, finding it challenging to be completly free in expressing love to others, due to being culturally programmed. One thing that causes the most distress, is my constant nature to create an overly concrete "Me" or "Ego", this in turn makes me do so for others and i begin to forget loves free roots. Ive tried meditating its nice, i think i may give it more room in my 'living room' lol.
Ive just wondered if there were others who had some challnege they would like to share and some advice aswell!
See you all there! Love for All JLM

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: JoseLibrado]
    #7160944 - 07/11/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JoseLibrado said:
I have recently and from the beggining of me discovering love as unconditional, finding it challenging to be completly free in expressing love to others, due to being culturally programmed. One thing that causes the most distress, is my constant nature to create an overly concrete "Me" or "Ego", this in turn makes me do so for others and i begin to forget loves free roots. Ive tried meditating its nice, i think i may give it more room in my 'living room' lol.
Ive just wondered if there were others who had some challnege they would like to share and some advice aswell!
See you all there! Love for All JLM

You have an ego? Well you will have to get rid of that for sure. I suggest suicide and that's just for starters. PM me when you have that much done.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: Icelander]
    #7160963 - 07/11/07 01:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

He referred to it in regards to being "overly concrete".

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7160980 - 07/11/07 01:52 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I heard him. Now mind your business. This guy needs my help and fast.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (07/11/07 01:52 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: Icelander]
    #7161011 - 07/11/07 01:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

That's just for starters. :rofl2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #7161308 - 07/11/07 02:40 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I try and express my love through the cultural channels which have been created for us. I have found there are many many ways to express love.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7161499 - 07/11/07 03:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The biggest challenge I face when trying to be loving towards people is removing my own ideas about and expectations of that person, that either I have built up in my head, or that their previous behavior has led me to believe

edit: and often that after a while, I just stop caring

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Edited by demius (07/11/07 03:12 PM)

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: demiu5]
    #7161533 - 07/11/07 03:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

An angel once told me: "Never underestimate what some people have endured" and I think that ties in with what you said about our own perceptions of what is 'Normal', and how our expectations can even be 'dysfunctional'.

"When in doubt, ignore them"- is about as superior an example of loving that I think I have everbeen lucky enough to learn.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

Edited by Booby (07/11/07 03:24 PM)

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: Booby]
    #7161656 - 07/11/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, this is making think a little more on what expectations are. Lets see...when you expect something, you close down to the possibility of something else occuring. If one ties an expectation to loving, then ones love is dependent on something occuring. No wonder there is so many people in our world who do not respect and accept others, when others do not respect and accept them.
In this logic of being respected before giving respect, one is not trully giving their love, on the basis that you ask for love to be given before you give it. Yet being(expressing truth), can only be done unconditionally, if you are to be an 'identity' that expresses truth freely.
Wow i just discovered something new to my experience in my thoughts.People who live within this mentality assume others to be of the same nature. This forces them to get respect and acceptance, in a different way and i have realized it may be by fear. Fear is the only way to get respect first, without giving it first. still they are mistaken because the person respecting the person it fears, is not freely choosing to respect, merly is being forced to by another illogical occurence, fear as being real. Its kind of like someone faking to orgasm while having sex with you, it seems real but it actually is not. The challenge is showing people that they may have been taught something that was a at its foundation, illogical.

Demius, did u say you stop caring about trying to change the expectations you have created of others and yourself? Me too, it gets tiresome, especially while out in public where the thought vibrations are of a different type, actually of the opposite type you are trying to 'type' a new beggining with. I suggest checking out the cultural programming thread by huecoytl(spelling) i think it'll help.
What im finding is working much smoother when changing the expecations, is letting them run their coarse, then suttly shocking them with the ideas that are the foundation to the concept of love.
I find that saying things such as, "but i love them" or "i am equal to them" do not help and are useless because already invested in your mind is all the logic you are trying to change, with the foundation set, in the back of your mind where thoughts work at faster speeds, almost impossible to see coming. Im going to try this technique and see if it helps - either way - i accept myself as being true and untrue, at nature, a contradiction.
^.^

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Edited by JoseLibrado (07/11/07 09:17 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7161663 - 07/11/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cowabunga_dude said:
I try and express my love through the cultural channels which have been created for us. 

:rofl2::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #7161790 - 07/11/07 04:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

When people touch me my first impulse is to become violent. It is an impulse that I always fight against. It has dulled with time, but it is still in the background.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (07/11/07 04:58 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7162436 - 07/11/07 06:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I find it's easy to forgive people for their faults when the fault doesn't involve being an asshole to you, but when someone acts hostile or confrontational to you, it tends to be harder to love them. I frequently run into this stumbling block in my own quest to be a more loving person. The attitude I try to take is to be thankful to that person for teaching me patience.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7162454 - 07/11/07 06:49 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JoseLibrado said:
Demius, did u say you stop caring about trying to change the expectations you have created of others and yourself? Me too, it gets tiresome, especially while out in public where the thought vibrations are of a different type, actually of the opposite type you are trying to 'type' a new beggining with. I suggest checking out the cultural programming thread by huecoytl(spelling) i think it'll help.
What im finding is working much smoother when changing the expecations, is letting them run their coarse, then suttly shocking them with the ideas that are the foundation to the concept of love.
I find that saying things such as, "but i love them" or "i am equal to them" do not help and are useless because already invested in your mind is all the logic you are trying to change, with the foundation set, in the back of your mind where thoughts work at faster speeds, almost impossible to see coming. Im going to try this technique and see if it helps - either way - i accept myself as being true and untrue, at nature, a contradiction.
^.^

sorry, that was sort of untied. What I mean is usually after a while of dealing with failed expectations (which I try not to hold, but inevitably do to some extent) I just give up, stop even trying to love, and continue on.

I read the thread hueh started, and relate to some of it in some ways.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: What challeneges do you face, while trying be loving? [Re: demiu5]
    #7163997 - 07/11/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i have problems with holding beliefs, yet, problems do not exist, only challenges. Then why do i believe i have them. because it is 'something' to 'not exist'.

The only way to stop expectations is to make them 'not exist'. make them what they are.

we seem to have to, if we want to follow truth, because "does truth exist or not exist.?" Then you know.

Now i discovered that a question is an answere.

The answere is found through the question, so the answere is nothing without the question, making an answere, trully at core a question and a question at core an answere,

Example - answere: 1+!=1+! Question:why?

--------------------

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

#7164041 - 07/11/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

What is not an answere of a question then? I AM. -
Answere: I AM Question: Why? Answere: Because I have forever been. Why? Because I AM IS matter and matter cannot be Created from nothing or from everything. It cannot be reduced or increase. Thus Thats why I AM because i cannot be created or destroyed, be increased or decreased. be Blue or red. I just Am and can not "be", thus i cannot be blue or read, created or destroyed, be-cause i cannot be Anything.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #7164422 - 07/12/07 01:08 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i find i can become numb to other people's expressions of love for me. As i begin to feel numb to other peoples positive feelings towards me i begin to feel alone, so i put my energy into fortifying my inner self, and act accordingly.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7164980 - 07/12/07 07:22 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, in response to your subject for this thread, it is not a matter of attempt to be loving. Its a state of being. Regarding opportuntities that may work agansit this experience of higher consciousness, it would simply be aspects of one's thought processes that obstruct one's consciousness of this energy that manifests deep within one's being. For myself personally, it is simply a question of my set and setting, as to when these obstructions may arise. For example, I've found someone with whom no obstruction can arise to obstruct the experience of love. It flows naturally, and, in fact, works as an amazing catalyst for my own personal growth and development, subsequently immersing myself deeper and deeper in this overwhelming experience of consciousness and being. :heartpump:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

#7165619 - 07/12/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah. People who we are experiencing around, have an effect on me, aswell. Around my family it has become detremental for me in terms of loving unconditionally. Though i know that it will just feel that much easier when im around those who's thougts are of the same nature as mine. I find that these types of decisions are trully a challenge like none other. On the one hand you have your spiritual growth and on the other, that of another. This is my grandest challenge so far.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #7165776 - 07/12/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The diversion of trying..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order