Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Ythan
    #7161795 - 07/11/07 04:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Have you thought about not giving points for posting in any of the community forums? None of the posts in these forums be it OTD or the Pub contribute to the site anyway and I though that thats what the whole point thing was suppose to be about, a way to pay back to contributors of the site, not ppl that just come in here to talk about useless stuff.:ohwell:

I think this would solve a lot of the problems that also come with the ppl that actually paid for their supporter account, because most of the ppl that got a supporter account through points are just ppl that hang out in the pub and OTD, and are in no way "True Supporters".

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Ythan [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #7162226 - 07/11/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I think it could solve some problems too, I'm wondering what the popular consensus is?
Should posts in the community forums count for points?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/11/07 05:43 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ythan [Re: Ythan]
    #7162234 - 07/11/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think the Pub and OTD shoulf count for points, but the perhaps the other community forums where the posts are more well-thought out should be. Regardless, OTD and the Pub shouldn't count towards points.

InvisibleMagishroom
seventh mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastern Canada Flag
Re: Ythan [Re: Redstorm]
    #7162253 - 07/11/07 05:53 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I absolutely agree with you pinkfloydms. They're too many people who have supporter account and aren't True Supporter...
-MS

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#7162350 - 07/11/07 06:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You know what the general consensus is gonna be. Most of the people that are going to be voting are gonna be the people that are sooo worried about points and are going to want to get them any way they can. :crankey:

A topic like this shouldn't be about what the people want, it should be about what is going to work and make the site better.:snub:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleSnypa187
Bitch, I live ina fuckin' trashcan!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the Vag.
Re: Ythan [Re: Magishroom]
    #7162381 - 07/11/07 06:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ya know, giving ythan cash isn't the only way to support the shroomery.

He could perfect the point system so that you have to have substance in the posts to get points, continue bringing in new members through the referral program, adding documents, and improving the web site over all. This will raise the value of the site so he could eventually sell it for more than $49,000. (yes,thats about how much it's worth)

OR

Leave the site the way it is, never improve it, and continue to earn enough money from it to drink a few Red Bulls a day and have a carton of cigarettes at hand.

There are way too many fucking winers and I'm sure Ythan has enough to deal with without it!. Do your part to the community, post quality material and quit bitching!
:kingcrankey:

Edited by Snypa187 (07/11/07 06:42 PM)

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: Ythan [Re: Snypa187]
    #7162390 - 07/11/07 06:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What do you expect Ythan to do, go and read everyones posts to see if they are of any quality or not? No, the easiest and most logical fix is to not give points for posts made in OTD and the Pub.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleSnypa187
Bitch, I live ina fuckin' trashcan!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the Vag.
    #7162410 - 07/11/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It is my opinion that the pub and otd should gain points.

First off, not everyone is going to sit back and forget about the point system. If you search the site, you will see dumb asses making huge quote pyramids for no reason, "the lame post count thread" and so on.

The best way to go about it and make everyone a winner is just to perfect the system; which I'm sure Ythan is doing as we speak.

He has raised the character count and has taken away the points for quotes. Of course there will be more problems to fix than just that but eventually it will be perfected so that idiots can't get points they didn't earn.

Dumping the system all together isn't the only route.

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: Ythan [Re: Magishroom]
    #7162416 - 07/11/07 06:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magishroom said:
I absolutely agree with you pinkfloydms. They're too many people who have supporter account and aren't True Supporter...
-MS

I really don't care.. Ive contributed more to this community then your measily 5$ ever could.

Ive been here for 5 years pretty much non stop posting in other drugs, as well as other forums to provide as much help and knowledge as i possibly can to other members. There are others that have done more so then me! Been here even longer

Letting someone know they are going to do some thing that could potentially be dangerous is priceless, it can not be compared to providing money.

Coming here for 1 sec and buying out a supporter status is bullshit, even more so when you haven't been here more then 2 months or so.

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Ythan [Re: Snypa187]
    #7162424 - 07/11/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I agree exactly, systems are only fixed when people show what the problems are.. thats how most systems be it game, or anything else, get things running smoothly

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: Ythan [Re: LordSenate]
    #7162441 - 07/11/07 06:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LordSenate said:
Quote:

Magishroom said:
-MS

I really don't care.. Ive contributed more to this community then your measily 5$ ever could.

Ive been here for 5 years pretty much non stop posting in other drugs, as well as other forums to provide as much help and knowledge as i possibly can to other members. There are others that have done more so then me! Been here even longer

Letting someone know they are going to do some thing that could potentially be dangerous is priceless, it can not be compared to providing money.

Coming here for 1 sec and buying out a supporter status is bullshit, even more so when you haven't been here more then 2 months or so.

I'm not saying that Lordsenate, The ppl I am talking about are the fags that just go straight into the pub or OTD and post no where else, and contribute in no other way. How are those ppl supporters? Because they can make meaningless chat on a BB?

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#7162445 - 07/11/07 06:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I wasn't refering to you man..

and i dont know im in the middle on that one, because i post a lot of stuff in otd which actually has quite a bit of stuff in it..other stuff not so much so

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #7162494 - 07/11/07 06:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I completely disagree. The reason everyone comes here is almost always the same - learn how to grow mushrooms. At first, most people are captivated with that and all it entails, contributing to the applicable forums and trying to get all they can from it. Most of time though, you reach a point where your content with the knowledge you gained from there because it serves your needs. Once you figure out how to grow them, you're set. Aside from occasionally popping your head in there to see whats new, you're likely not going to get anything substantial out of there after that point.

After that, what's to keep you here? I found it was the people, and OTD and the Pub are where people do what they do. I still enjoy reading the other forums and regularly visit just about all of them, but OTD is where I interact the most. They may not be about the mission of the site, but I get more from there in the form of camaraderie and just having a release from stress of daily life.

It just reminds me of the debate we had a while back when OTD was shut down, with those claiming it only detracted from the site's purpose. It's like they're trying to set up a caste system, with different tiers that users are assigned to depending on their posting preferences. I don't even use shrooms anymore and to suggest I'm not a supporter of this site because most of my participation is casual in nature when I've been here consistently over 4 years is insulting.

This site is great collection of stimulating information and debate on a variety of subjects. Though to claim that one area is superior seems elitist to me. Ultimately, a site is judged on the whole, and though some parts may be less appealing to individuals, declaring your favorites as the only ones that matter is wrong.

To me, it's akin to a significant other, you love and embrace them for their entirety, all their faults and their strengths, or you reject them. You don't pick and choose what it is you'll accept.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (07/11/07 07:07 PM)

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: Ythan [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #7162578 - 07/11/07 07:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with most of your post, and I'm not picking favorite forums or anything, as you can see I post mostly in OTD so why would I be downing my owm favorite forum? The point I am getting at is the sites main purpose is the cultivation, learning, demystifying of mushrooms, and while MOST peopl move on to other forums when they learn what they want they still contribute/help the other new people that come on here everyday asking for help. Then there are the people that come to this site and don't contribute to the main purpose of its being at all, they just come to chat and I think that, that's fine I just don't think they should be rewarded for it.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
    #7162862 - 07/11/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

[18:38] <mr_sunshine> I said half a point
[18:38] <mr_sunshine> I mean, I'm an important feature of teh shroomery, And I'm almost an OTD exclusive!
[18:38] <mr_sunshine> :P
[18:39] <pinkfloydms> lol
[18:39] <mr_sunshine> Frankly, I think the whole points system should be removed.
[18:40] <mr_sunshine> Ythan should just give rewards to actual, recognizable, contributors.
[18:40] <pinkfloydms> yup
[18:41] <pinkfloydms> thats what i say
[18:41] <pinkfloydms> i don't really care about having points and it causes to many problems
[18:41] <mr_sunshine> exactly

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #7163029 - 07/11/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think think whole shitty system should be abolished. It obviously doesn't work.

InvisibleInsolentPrude
dark-helmetedknight
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ythan [Re: Twister]
    #7163144 - 07/11/07 09:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

regardless of whether people are passing on intellect or humor, they are contributing to keeping the shroomery alive and well. abuse is gonna happen no matter what you do, but right now everyone is nigger-rich and having fun with the new feature. Again, it'll die off over time and won't be such a burden. Cutting points down, or even all-together to any of the forums is going to do nothing but spark bitching and flaming.

in short, i've never met a bitch who didn't have something to bitch about. :smile:

--------------------
"You know what they say: if God had been a Liberal, we wouldn't have had the ten commandments. We'd have had the ten suggestions."

Edited by xxetniesxx (07/11/07 09:51 PM)

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
Re: Ythan [Re: InsolentPrude]
    #7163229 - 07/11/07 09:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Go ahead, you can say it etnies, nigger.

Come on! Say it with me!

NIGGER RICH!

:stoner:

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

InvisibleMagishroom
seventh mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastern Canada Flag
Re: Ythan [Re: LordSenate]
    #7163395 - 07/11/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LordSenate said:
Quote:

Magishroom said:
-MS

I totally agree with you. The true supporter aren't the one who buy a supporter account. It is not what I say. But currently, there is more supporter member then non-supporter... It is completly absurd.

Edited by Magishroom (07/11/07 09:53 PM)

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #7163422 - 07/11/07 09:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well I got rid of points for posts in the Pub and OTD. This attempt to do something nice has been nothing but a pain in the ass and I hope the fuckups don't end up ruining it for everyone. :mad2:

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#7163429 - 07/11/07 09:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Woot why to go Ythan!

I think this will solve all the probs.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#7163448 - 07/11/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I meant way to go. :flowstone:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #7163459 - 07/11/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I don't think the Pub and OTD shoulf count for points, but the perhaps the other community forums where the posts are more well-thought out should be. Regardless, OTD and the Pub shouldn't count towards points.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie

#7163470 - 07/11/07 10:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Well I got rid of points for posts in the Pub and OTD. This attempt to do something nice has been nothing but a pain in the ass and I hope the fuckups don't end up ruining it for everyone. :mad2:

How come I got put at -3000 total after this new change? The only negative I have is "-Previously Redeemed Points 12,005 Used Points -12,005 Points". Why should our overal total be penalized by points that were spent before these changes were put into place? I had around +6,000 or so before this change.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #7163474 - 07/11/07 10:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

it's already been ruined for me seeing as how the only places i really post are the Pub and OTD. if i knew much of anything about mushrooms i'd probably head to the growing forums, however, i don't. and i don't really have the patience to learn.

guess i'm shit out of luck.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #7163492 - 07/11/07 10:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I apologize for contributing to the problem.  I didn't want to cause you any problems and I am sorry that I did.  :crazy:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ythan [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #7163537 - 07/11/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I suggest that everyone in the negatives be set back to zero.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#7163551 - 07/11/07 10:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i suggest that the point system is teh uber ghey and should be smashed into a thousand teeny tiny pieces. if it's going to exclude certain forums, then what is the point?

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: Ythan [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #7163612 - 07/11/07 10:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

To reward people that make a contribution to the sites main purpose.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7163641 - 07/11/07 10:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have no problem with it existing because it suits the main purpose of the site, but members who post in the community forums shouldn't be punished for doing so.

InvisibleInsolentPrude
dark-helmetedknight
Folding@home Statistics
    #7163646 - 07/11/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The site's main purpose is for like-minded individuals to gather and share their knowledge and point of view. The different forums are merely navigational tools to help you find your best audience within the community.

:nonono:

--------------------
"You know what they say: if God had been a Liberal, we wouldn't have had the ten commandments. We'd have had the ten suggestions."

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#7163671 - 07/11/07 10:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i have been here for 5 years, actually posting on this site is contributing. i have bought merchandise in the past, i've even attempted to get into growing, but found i just don't have a knack for it. so because of my lack of mycology skills and my love of both OTD and the Pub i get excluded? (and not just me, i'm sure there are others) does that mean i don't share a love for mushrooms just like everyone else here? no, it doesn't.

sure, some of my posts aren't that great, but i've helped out quite a few people in the past and contributed PLENTY.

i honestly feel like i've been fucked in the ass by a huge cock with no lube. it's not a nice feeling.

--------------------

--

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #7163692 - 07/11/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:haha:

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#7163695 - 07/11/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Would it make you happier if I gave you all my points? I'm sorry I didn't know that fake money on a message on the internet would make soo many ppl upset. It's a good thing we don't have a bunch of 16 year olds in here, all hell would break loose.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#7163710 - 07/11/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

no, it wouldn't. it's not even technically about the points, i just don't think it's fair that certain forums should be excluded while others are not. either have points for all forums, or ditch the whole thing.

either that or don't count points for posts.

--------------------

--

InvisibleInsolentPrude
dark-helmetedknight
Folding@home Statistics
    #7163736 - 07/11/07 10:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

IE: Hunting forum-->someone says toxic mushroom is edible-->still count's as +contribution?!?!

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #7163750 - 07/11/07 11:01 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

i honestly feel like i've been fucked in the ass by a huge cock with no lube. it's not a nice feeling.

with sand?

inquiring minds wanna know!~

:smirk:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
    #7163787 - 07/11/07 11:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
i have been here for 5 years, actually posting on this site is contributing. i have bought merchandise in the past, i've even attempted to get into growing, but found i just don't have a knack for it. so because of my lack of mycology skills and my love of both OTD and the Pub i get excluded? (and not just me, i'm sure there are others) does that mean i don't share a love for mushrooms just like everyone else here? no, it doesn't.

sure, some of my posts aren't that great, but i've helped out quite a few people in the past and contributed PLENTY.

QFT

The social aspects of the site are the most beneficial IMO, you can go to learn about growing anywhere but where else can you talk about life with a bunch of other people at any time of the day?

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: Ythan [Re: Roadkill]
    #7163824 - 07/11/07 11:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

more like lava rocks mixed with large grain sand. i feel chaffed and used. i think my ass is bleeding. check it out for me, will ya Roadkill? i can't exactly see back there.

--------------------

--

InvisibleInsolentPrude
dark-helmetedknight
Folding@home Statistics
    #7163830 - 07/11/07 11:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the unicorn has turned on it's master?

--------------------

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: Ythan [Re: InsolentPrude]
    #7163839 - 07/11/07 11:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the unicorn sat back and watched while smoking a blunt and laughing maniacally to himself. he totally betrayed me!

--------------------

--

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #7163895 - 07/11/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

more like lava rocks mixed with large grain sand. i feel chaffed and used. i think my ass is bleeding. check it out for me, will ya Roadkill? i can't exactly see back there.

got a web cam?

I always knew I should have been a proctologist!~

:smirk:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleInsolentPrude
dark-helmetedknight
Folding@home Statistics
    #7163909 - 07/11/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

woops, better take this elsewhere...these posts count. :ooo:

--------------------

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#7163919 - 07/11/07 11:22 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

heh, no i don't. :P

i just checked in the mirror though. it's not bleeding, but it sure is sore ... and raw ... and, i'd rather not talk about it anymore.

--------------------

--

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie

#7164058 - 07/11/07 11:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I suggest that everyone in the negatives be set back to zero.

:thumbup:

I know this is a private website and they can do as they please and I honestly could care less about receiving or not receiving points in the community forums. However this is basically like going into a store and purchasing something then being told a week later: "Hey we've hiked the price and you're now in debt for a purchase that you made a week ago at our listed price". Sure it's not exactly the same but thats the best analogy I could come up with off of the top of my head.

:shrug:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United States
    #7164463 - 07/12/07 01:18 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

Pink Sock

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United States
Re: Ythan [Re: drSE]
    #7164476 - 07/12/07 01:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I can't believe that their is this big of a commotion over points... They are points

imaginary little numbers don't mean anything to you.

if you have them, then you have them.. If you don't then you don't.... its that simple.

Quit yo bitchin

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #7164912 - 07/12/07 05:23 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Not to be a whiny bitch or anything, well, maybe just a little bit of a whiny bitch, but
in this thread there's a pole, and 50% want to keep post counts in the most active community forums
as still counting on the points system, the 120 characters thing was a goodie, but I personally feel, and
so do 50% of shroomites, that they should still count.

Sorry to bring this up, i understand you might be getting a bit of a head ach for what is in
fact a very good, and generous idea.

Long live the points system.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7165078 - 07/12/07 08:11 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus Christ, you give some monkeys some abstract numbers that, when you think about it, don't really mean anything, and look how excited they get. :shocked: This is what they choose. :shrug:

I find it completely amusing how so many people have felt that they have been disserviced by other people getting their own points for posting in the community forums. They aren't your fucking points, get over it! :lol: The points reward system was entitled "The Shroomery Loyalty Program". It does not say "I Am A Valuable Contributor And All Of These Other People Are Not For Whatever Subjective Reason I Think". :rolleyes:

If I had a stick I'd smack some of these possessive monkeys in the heads. :nonono: :monkeydance:

The points system was a reward for being loyal and contributing to the Shroomery, as a whole. If someone is deliberately misusing the Shroomery to obtain points, it will stick out and moderators will be contacted and it will be settled.

I personally think that there should be no distinction regarding points earned - posts in all forums deserve points - everyone is contributing, even if some jealous, possessive fascists think that only their way of contributing is best. I do not think it matters how many people voted to take away point rewards for posting in The Pub and OTD. The majority will always take away the rights of a few if it means they can stick more shit up their own ass. :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Ythan [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7165174 - 07/12/07 08:48 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ythan, and everyone on the administration that has been involved on this, you've done an amazing thing. The idea is kick ass, and please don't be discouraged by us monkeys. Two weeks ago they didn't have a sense of being entitled to these points. Imagine if it were money, they'd probably start killing each other. :lol:

Use your own ideas and concepts of how this should be implemented. I understand that feedback is always appreciated, but when entitlement is involved, this is how it gets, and the best way to ensure this wonderful program remains :headbang: is to tell everyone their opinions are appreciated, but that, in all honesty, they need to take what they get and leave it at that. There's too much :hissyfit: because some of them just want more or can't stand that others are getting some. :rolleyes:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
Self-SacrificingPotency Tester
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ythan [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7165185 - 07/12/07 08:54 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:  You should make the actual number of points that a person has invisible to them, and they just have to find out what they have by trying to buy something.  "Ooops!  You don't have enough points to buy that!"

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #7165188 - 07/12/07 08:56 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

your idea is a cunt. i demand my points back...
they could have at least stayed...

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: Ythan [Re: Merkin]
    #7165221 - 07/12/07 09:15 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I swear to god I didn't know OTD would have so many butt hurt littles bitches about internet points, it's not like it was my idea alone. Ythan said he had already given some thought to it.

You Guys can go ahead and rate me all you want, I already said that I don't give a fuck about and internet rating. So cry away.

P.S. Have a nice day!:grin:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #7165242 - 07/12/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

go back to sucking that man dick

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
Self-SacrificingPotency Tester
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7165306 - 07/12/07 09:46 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:bandeodorant: language? My virgin ears/eyes can't take it. :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order