Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinejnApp66
squiggle

best way to eat shroom powder
    #7160842 - 07/11/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

A couple weeks ago a friend and i both ate 1/8 oz of powdered shrooms. I powdered them because i heard they start working a lot faster that way. So we tried to mix them with sprite but instead of mixing in all the powder floated to the top. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten and I just barely didnt throw up when I gulped it down. It ended up being a really good trip but I need to know a better way to get that shit down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: jnApp66]
    #7160853 - 07/11/07 01:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

1. Put water in a kettle
2. Put kettle on the stove
3. When the kettle begins to boil, take it off the stove and pour boiling water into two mugs.
4. Let the water sit for 1-2 minutes and come down from a boil.
5. Dump the mushroom powder into the mugs at your desired dosage.
6. Let the mushroom powder soak in the tea for ten, count it, ten minutes.
7. After ten minutes you can use a strainer to pour your tea into a new container and avoid all the nasty sludge that is inevitably at the bottom of the mug. Or you can eat the sludge. Up to you. I prefer not to. Most of the psilocybin you want will be in the tea.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mind Exploration Flag
    #7160857 - 07/11/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Capsules ideally, in orange juice works good.  You could make them with some food too.

Good luck  :mushroom2:  :mushroomgrow:  :scaryshroom:

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #7160860 - 07/11/07 01:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I like my smoothies. They completely mask any unpleasant taste.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: robbyberto]
    #7160874 - 07/11/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

robbyberto said:

Recipe?

--------------------

OfflineUleev
Feel Like aStranger
Male

Loc: N.E. Pennsylvania
Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7160890 - 07/11/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneLessForeskin said:
1. Put water in a kettle
2. Put kettle on the stove
3. When the kettle begins to boil, take it off the stove and pour boiling water into two mugs.
4. Let the water sit for 1-2 minutes and come down from a boil.
5. Dump the mushroom powder into the mugs at your desired dosage.
6. Let the mushroom powder soak in the tea for ten, count it, ten minutes.
7. After ten minutes you can use a strainer to pour your tea into a new container and avoid all the nasty sludge that is inevitably at the bottom of the mug. Or you can eat the sludge. Up to you. I prefer not to. Most of the psilocybin you want will be in the tea.

This is what I did last weekend but I let whole shrooms with 2 green tea decaf tea bags soak for 15 min. I took the tea bags out after 3-5 min. I strained the fruit and squeezed the juice into cup, added squirt of lemon juice and a bit of honey. I ATE the shrooms which had absolutely no taste at this point and when I started to feel the effects I drank the tea which tasted very good.

--------------------
"This is all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago."

OfflinejnApp66
squiggle

Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7160892 - 07/11/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

but doesnt putting the shrooms in hot water make them loose some of their potency

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: Jair]
    #7160902 - 07/11/07 01:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jair said:
Quote:

robbyberto said:

Recipe?

Nothing in particular, but I have always used a strong citrus smoothie.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Male

#7160907 - 07/11/07 01:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jnApp66 said:
but doesnt putting the shrooms in hot water make them loose some of their potency

Heat does kill psilocybin, but only extreme heat. That is why I said not to put the shrooms in BOILING water, but to let it cool down for a couple of minutes.

I have used this method, successfully, more than twenty times, using a range of dosages from 3/4 of a gram to 5 grams.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7160908 - 07/11/07 01:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Am I the only one here who actually LIKES the way they taste, the texture and generally everything to do with the flavour?

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

InvisibleDrugFreeMan
Oh Yes, theMushies
Male User Gallery

#7160910 - 07/11/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Mix into Peanut butter. Spread over bread. Eat

Male

Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7160917 - 07/11/07 01:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
Am I the only one here who actually LIKES the way they taste, the texture and generally everything to do with  the flavour?

I don't mind eating whole dried shrooms at all..and would rather eat them straight than mix them with food.

But all of my mushrooms are in powdered form in 00-size capsules because that's the way I got them. :wink:  And in such a form, just dumping the powder into your mouth is nothing short of disgusting, like munching sawdust.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineZnaps
Skanker
Male

Loc: Nawlins
Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: DrugFreeMan]
    #7160927 - 07/11/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Make chocolate bars with ice trays. Thats how I like em. Takes only 15-30 minutes to kick in and easy to eat.

--------------------
Its all about peace and love.

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: Znaps]
    #7160941 - 07/11/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

If you've already gone to the trouble of grinding it up you're doing yourself a great disservice by not making it with your favorite tea packets, as previously described...

I don't think I'd ever eat an actual dried mushroom again after doing it this way...

Male

Re: best way to eat shroom powder [Re: xeallos]
    #7160946 - 07/11/07 01:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I also forgot to mention that tea made with just the mushroom powder alone tastes and smells slightly unpleasant. I would squeeze some lemon into the tea as well as soaking a teabag in the hot water for a few minutes along with the mushrooms. I usually go the Earl Grey route.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7160950 - 07/11/07 01:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

a person on this forum once told me that he grinds up his cubes w/ a coffee grinder, then mixes it with tang powder and stirs it all up in a cup. its a great idea and masks the taste quite well. plus, you skip out the whole vigorously debated subject of whether heat hurts psilocybin alkaloids or not. And keep in mind, im not saying that they do or do not. Just pick out your favorite powdered drink, its worth a try.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder