Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: ID request [Re: shroomydan]
    #7164047 - 07/11/07 11:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
Nothing is going to happen.

Why is that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: ID request [Re: Hotnuts]
    #7164237 - 07/12/07 12:14 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Those are non active and non poisonous Pan ants. The bits and pieces are a little disturbing though. They could be any number of dark spored mushrooms, but they are probably also Pan ants. As Alan noted there are no known poisonous black spored mushrooms that grow from cow dung.

This fact gives neo-shaman license to experiment with random inky caps and inactive pans that fruit from bull shit. Its not especially dangerous, but it dose not work very often. I have never eaten a mushroom that failed to produce the desired effect. I imagine that would be kind of scary, expecting to trip and not feeling anything after a few hours. I would start to wonder if the mushrooms were poisonous. Especially if I decided to eat them solely on the advice of a drug website.

I don't think you are supposed to put fresh mushrooms in honey. I think you should air dry them till bendy before putting them in the honey.

InvisibleMontanahunter420
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: ID request [Re: nimbochromis]
    #7164291 - 07/12/07 12:27 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Darwins natural selection.....................:rofl:

I wouldn't take place in the pracatice that you just did to often it really isn't smart as shroomydan noted. Your probably safe this time, but hopefully you learn from your mistake. Oh well I always lecture on this kind of thing, although I think I am gonna just give up because no one really listens. Hell maybe you could go smoke some plants that look really close to pot but are not, it would be safer than eatting mushrooms that look really close to active mushrooms.

Well sorry for the rant and no offense to ya newbie.

--------------------
All of my posts are purely fictional and for hypothetical purposes.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID request [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #7164432 - 07/12/07 01:10 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

> Those are non active and non poisonous Pan ants.

I agree with the Panaeolus antillarum id.

> As Alan noted there are no known poisonous black spored mushrooms that grow from cow dung.
> This fact gives neo-shaman license to experiment with random inky caps and inactive pans that fruit from bull shit.

I know of no poisonous black spored mushrooms, dung or no dung. Certainly there are many poisonous mushrooms with very dark brown spores. (Agaricus)

There might be some that no one has told me about. If that is the case, they will let me know, I hope.

> I imagine that would be kind of scary, expecting to trip and not feeling anything after a few hours. I would start to wonder if the mushrooms were poisonous. Especially if I decided to eat them solely on the advice of a drug website.

That would be very scary. I never listen to what a drug web site has to say. Except for the shroomery, of course. I do everything that the shroomery tells me to do.

> I don't think you are supposed to put fresh mushrooms in honey. I think you should air dry them till bendy before putting them in the honey.

Absolutely correct. If you put fresh mushrooms in honey, you need to fix your mistake ASAP by putting them in the freezer. If they smell bad, it is too late.

> I wouldn't take place in the pracatice that you just did to often it really isn't smart as shroomydan noted. Your probably safe this time, but hopefully you learn from your mistake. Oh well I always lecture on this kind of thing, although I think I am gonna just give up because no one really listens. Hell maybe you could go smoke some plants that look really close to pot but are not, it would be safer than eatting mushrooms that look really close to active mushrooms.

Actually the people do listen, and very well. No one that posts here for more than a week eats random fungi. It is only new people who are unaware of the consequences who eat the unidentified mushrooms.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID request [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7164838 - 07/12/07 03:53 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

> I don't think you are supposed to put fresh mushrooms in honey. I think you should air dry them till bendy before putting them in the honey.

Absolutely correct. If you put fresh mushrooms in honey, you need to fix your mistake ASAP by putting them in the freezer. If they smell bad, it is too late.

yeah, anaerobic bacterial spores in the mushrooms can go crazy from the sugar in the honey while growing on the mushrooms themselves. if it is raw honey, it can contain Clostridium botulinum, which can also then grow on the mushrooms. honey is bacteriostatic, not bacteriocidal.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinenimbochromis
 User Gallery

Re: ID request [Re: canid]
    #7164886 - 07/12/07 04:55 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

well i didn't get sick or anything. i felt very mild stomach discomfort, less than when i've taken psilocybin mushrooms in the past. i think maybe one or two small ones were active beecause I did get a slight buzz off of it, almost not worth mentioning.

Its possible that the "buzz" was just psycological...perhaps because i was anticipating something and my stomach was totally empty.

Oh and i do appreciate you giving me the heads up on the honey thing. I read this misinformation on another shroom site...i'll never use that method again. I should have thought about the whole anaerobic bacteria thing, seeing how i'm an experianced saltwater aquarist. im glad i decided to make tea, the almost boiling water probably killed off bacteria.

also I dont plan on eating anymore shrooms that havent been positively identified. i've learned my lesson and hat is i really dont know whart the hell im doing yet...and it was kind of scary after nothning really happened...wondering how long the poison would take to kick in, had they been poisonous.

at any rate the only reason i ate them is because everyone was so sure they were pans, which i've read are non-toxic...but why bother risking it if they do nothing, you know?

Edited by nimbochromis (07/12/07 05:05 AM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #7165197 - 07/12/07 09:01 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm aware of the storing of fresh mushrooms thing, but was wondering why else Dan would say they wouldn't work. Now reverting back on this thread, I see that the pile of obvious Pan cyan's aren't even nimbo's. :lol:

I was thinking to myself, "wth are these guys talking about!?" :gethigh:

Now I see.

Edited by Hotnuts (07/12/07 09:03 AM)

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Re: ID request [Re: Hotnuts]
    #7165264 - 07/12/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Funny how people always get a "slight buzz" from non active mushrooms. :smirk:

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinenimbochromis
 User Gallery

Re: ID request [Re: UberDeepName]
    #7167189 - 07/12/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

well, if youClick here you can read at the bottom where it says all members of the pan genus contain chemicals that have psychoactive properties, so its possible those had a mild effect.

I went out hunting fo some better fields today and i found some real winners. huge field with lots of cows and trees. its almost an hour away from my house but i think its worth a look. I found 10 pastures in that area.

its been raining heavily the past two days. i'll probably go tomorrow night.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #7167209 - 07/12/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I wrote that part of the Panaeolus article, this is my source:

http://www.svims.ca/council/Panaeo.htm

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom