Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Chills
    #7157262 - 07/10/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Everytime I listen to "Hey Jude" by the Beatles I get em'. At the heated point of an intense movie they creep up. As my girlfriend lightly brushes my back, they're there.

What am I talking about? Chills, shivvers, or however you want to call them.

What are they? Seriously, everytime I listen to "Hey Jude," at the climax of the song I get a euphoric sensation, including a physical sensation (the chills) and a psychological sensation of extreme happienss. What the hell is going on to my nervous system? Has anyone read a study or article about this sensation? I'd love to read up on it (link would be great!)

Today at work I was trying to imagine that feeling, but prolonged. I believe that would be one of the most amazing feelings I've ever experienced.

Are there any drugs that can replicate this feeling? I'm not that experienced. Ecstacy? Cocaine? LSD?

I want the chills.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Chills [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #7157320 - 07/10/07 05:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

you got it all backwards man. instead of asking yourself what drugs replicate your sober feelings you should be wondering what feelings are anything like being on drugs. That would be.....none. if you think about it.

but back to what you asked, if you want chills in general,or more so a body rush,hit up your local area for some M-D-M-A!!!:)for that "damn it feels great to be alive feeling".

you get chills from listening to hey jude? eh. i prefer floyd.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Chills [Re: Robo]
    #7157330 - 07/10/07 05:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

oh yea and skip the cocaine, its not worth it.

OfflineJraft
Psychonaut inTraining
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
    #7157789 - 07/10/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I once heard (I cant remember where, I might have read it?) that the feeling you get when you get "chills" is the pores in your skin closing. Next time you get them look on like your arm or leg and see if you've got "goosebumps". As for why we experience this I'm not sure, but what you're talking about I defiently experience all the time as well.

As for what drugs are similar, I'd say Nitrous is pretty similar to it except I think I would describe Nitrous as being "warmer" then chills.

--------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Chills [Re: Jraft]
    #7158460 - 07/10/07 10:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean, i first got em when i was about 14, been trying to replicate them ever since. In layman's terms its euphoria (but not the prolonged opiate kind)

The best way to get em is just pure, good music that you enjoy, for lots of people that's trance, hard trance etc. Also good movies with good sountracks.

pure MDMA is the drug.

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #7158597 - 07/10/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I love that feeling. I can usually bring the feeling back whenever I wish by merely thinking about it. I just start thinking about something really amazing and how happy it makes me to be alive. Then I get the crazy chills down my spine and the goosebumps pop out. The feeling itself represents to me the will to live, the unconditional happiness to be alive on this earth.

--------------------

OfflineShinmyoken
Stranger

Re: Chills [Re: MorphMan]
    #7158632 - 07/10/07 11:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

OMG! Same here. For years whenever I'd listen to a good piano song or an epic kind of song I'd get them. When I started smoking weed then listening to said music while high, the chills were intensified like a body orgasm. I love it.

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: Chills [Re: Shinmyoken]
    #7158663 - 07/10/07 11:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, chills are cool. I get 'em when a fav song of mine climaxes or there's like, a crazy moment in a movie or where there's like a culmination of events that come together and it all makes sense kinda thing.

as for the goosebumps part, I believe its actually something to do your hair follicles

Edit: here's an excerpt from wikipedia

Quote:

Goose bumps are created when tiny muscles at the base of each hair, known as arrectores pilorum, contract and pull the hair erect. The reflex is started by the sympathetic nervous system, which is in general responsible for many fight-or-flight responses.

Edited by Seventy (07/10/07 11:31 PM)

OfflineRobert Jarvik
Stranger
Male

Loc: -
Re: Chills *DELETED* [Re: Seventy]
    #7158774 - 07/11/07 12:00 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Robert Jarvik

Reason for deletion: ...

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: Chills [Re: Robert Jarvik]
    #7159932 - 07/11/07 09:17 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Robert Jarvik said:
you want the chills? get that girlfriend of yours to put her hands in cold water for a little, then dry her hands, then have her give you a back massage while listening to Hey Jude and watching The Bourne Identity

hahah, its perfect!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder