Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebud212002
Re: Listen up you bookworms! The cultivating book of our time has arrived. [Re: katatonic]
    #5671575 - 05/25/06 04:49 AM (18 years, 15 hours ago)

I got my copy yesterday, I wish I had this when starting a month ago. I spent more than a few hours online searching for info. This book is not a "cure all" "be all" but it will work for anyone just getting started, and will save a newb like me a lot of research time.

P.S. If you are a newb, I recomend reading it cover to cover as you will pick up little things along the way that will help you if problems arise in you cultivating experiences. I learned a lot of things about shrooms in general I had no idea about. It is just interesting as well to learn new things.

--------------------
Shroomin', working on a royal flush draw. Poker is life, everything else is a waste of f%cking time.

Edited by bud212002 (05/25/06 04:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegalize247
Magnifico

Loc: USA SoMeWheRe
Re: Listen up you bookworms! The cultivating book of our time has arrived. [Re: bud212002]
    #5678044 - 05/26/06 07:06 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I got to get this book. It looks awsome. I already have 2 other books.

--------------------
Legalize the FUNGI-USA...I have no more to say.

Offlineva_shroomer
Beginning grower
Male

Loc: Charlottesville
Re: Listen up you bookworms! The cultivating book of our time has arrived. [Re: Legalize247]
    #5727683 - 06/08/06 05:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I just picked it up not three hours ago. It has a lot of excellent material on traditional cultivation methods (agar, grain spawn) and some interesting stuff on outdoor cultivation of wood-lovers (P. Azurescens anybody?)

However I think its material on the "fool-proof" methods which are so common on the internet is somewhat lacking. In fact, all they provide is an "Improved PF Tek", which is just the PF Tek except that when fruiting you leave the cakes in jars to make them more perfectly formed. Though they will grow straight if you do this and you'd be less likely to get the bizarre-o "fat-asses" common in cake methods, it'd also diminish yields would it not? Well I'm just speculating . . . I haven't even done my first grow yet.

Also its info on agar and grain spawn techniques is excellent, and a lot more extensive than information on similar topics here at the shroomery.

The colored photos are very nice too. I'd definately reccommend it to a new grower. In fact I'm considering bypassing cakes altogether and starting with grain spawn; I didn't buy a pressure canner for nothing :-P

--------------------
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Love is the law, love under will
--Frater Baphomet

OfflineWowbobwow12
Devotee ofStamets'Techniques

Re: Listen up you bookworms, the cultivating book of our time has arrived [Re: va_shroomer]
    #5727954 - 06/08/06 07:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I thought the following would amuse:

Authors=L. G Nicholas, Kerry Ogame

That is,

Kerry Ogame=Karogamy: The fusion of nuclei or nuclear material that occurs during sexual reproduction, i.e., one of the stages of development by which sexual spores are produced.

L. G Nicholas=Lignicolous: Growing in wood or on a substratum of woody tissue.

So very clever!

--------------------
"I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the Customs Agent. I am the Coast guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable." -Alexander Shulgin, PhD, Chemist and author, at the DPF Conference, November 1996

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: Listen up you bookworms, the cultivating book of our time has arrived [Re: Wowbobwow12]
    #5729714 - 06/09/06 05:22 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

are all books not created equal?

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineDelkor
Patience Is Key
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia, Victoria
Re: Listen up you bookworms, the cultivating book of our time has arrived [Re: UncleMike]
    #5923940 - 08/02/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Got my copy 3 days ago.

WOO HOO

Awesome book. :bowdown:

--------------------

OfflineVepar
Jägermeistered
 User Gallery

Loc: Nordland
Re: Listen up you bookworms, the cultivating book of our time has arrived [Re: Delkor]
    #7156155 - 07/10/07 11:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ive had this book for over a month now... It's packed with info... I've really enjoyed it and now I'm looking forward to putting it to good use.

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: For this book.

Highly recommended :yesnod:

--------------------
Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt. ("Only those who themselves give up are lost.") - Hans-Ulrich Rudel

Sexhundrasextiosex, jag finner inget slut
Genom vilddjurets skugga kan vi aldrig ta oss ut

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract