Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRedRabbit
Artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Schizophrenia!
    #7145777 - 07/08/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

how long does it take before you develo schizophrenia or any other mental disorders at that?

.4-.6% of our population is affected by schizophrenia... :0

--------------------
all posts and statements made are completely fictional,
I greatly detest being associated with any illegal activites,
In fact, I have never done anything illegal,
I choose to learn about differant substances so that in the case where i might need to interact with them, I shall know alot about them,
This is a principle in everything i do...

:einstein:
I have yet to use the knowledge i learn on this site...
:jazzman:
:grin: hee hee i should patent this! :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: RedRabbit]
    #7145808 - 07/08/07 10:13 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Around 18-20 years old is when it usually starts to manifest, maybe sooner with traumatic events (tripping).

RE: Daniel Johnston.

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineRedRabbit
Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #7145912 - 07/08/07 10:44 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

oooooo you listen to Daniel Johnston!? I have never met anyone else that has listened to Daniel Johnston......

but after 20... your set right? no more risks for mental disorders?

--------------------
I choose to learn about differant substances so that in the case where i might need to interact with them, I shall know alot about them,

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7145913 - 07/08/07 10:45 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Can you be a functioning schizophrenic is society, or ya hit usually? I think I have schizo because I think i may be a hypochondriac. Gasp!

I have Osbourne names!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Offlinejonom
muisiriúncuradóir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tennessee, usa
Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7145922 - 07/08/07 10:46 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
Can you be a functioning schizophrenic is society

yes, you can

--------------------
jonom.

Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.

ghetto magnetic stirrer

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: jonom]
    #7145936 - 07/08/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic, but I keep it under control. it is only when you are under a lot of stress, agony, and about to have a mental breakdown, that you become incapable of partaking in any normal activities.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7145937 - 07/08/07 10:50 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Mental illness is a woolly subject.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineRedRabbit
Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Cepheus]
    #7145947 - 07/08/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeahh i was talking to crystal G about it in the ketamine post :laugh: (hi!)

haha, I'm just alittle worried

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7145956 - 07/08/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I wrote on here about what my latest mental episode was like: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7145166#Post7145166

You have to remember though, I was doing heinous amounts of methamphetamine in combination with ketamine... this is really a 1 way pathway straight to schizophrenia... shooting a vial of k and shooting half gram to a gram of meth EVERYDAY for months straight will make ANYBODY schizo.

You won't go crazy if you do it one time. you wont even if if you do it a handful of times. in fact, im willing to bet money you wont even go crazy if you do it once a week and keep it to that.

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

#7146026 - 07/08/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i'd say dont stress about schizophrenia.

you cant go crazy from doing drugs. i.e daniel johnston, crystal g.

they most likely had a predisposition to mental illness and it was brought out by substances. substances if anything induce temporary psychotic states, not full blown mental illness.

as to schizophrenia itself. well dont believe all the media talk. while i have never directly experienced it, i have read a bunch about it and most people with schizophrenia are functioning in society. it is kinda like any other life situation: what are you going to make out of it. some people become terrifed at their self created visions and voices and try to run away from themselves with drugs and these are the people that eventually kill themselves. some people listen to their doctors who say hey your gonna have this for life so get used to it. they take pills go to work, function in society, and eventually most get better. some dont listen to their doctor and say im gonna fix this myself. and dive head first into their so called illness and come out stronger emotionally and mentally than their peers in society.

this is just my opinion though so correct me if im wrong.

but to those worrying about schizophrenia. been there. dont waste your time.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: evolprim]
    #7146035 - 07/08/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

evolprim said:

they most likely had a predisposition to mental illness and it was brought out by substances. substances if anything induce temporary psychotic states, not full blown mental illness.

as to schizophrenia itself. well dont believe all the media talk. while i have never directly experienced it, i have read a bunch about it and most people with schizophrenia are functioning in society. it is kinda like any other life situation: what are you going to make out of it. some people become terrifed at their self created visions and voices and try to run away from themselves with drugs and these are the people that eventually kill themselves. some people listen to their doctors who say hey your gonna have this for life so get used to it. they take pills go to work, function in society, and eventually most get better. some dont listen to their doctor and say im gonna fix this myself. and dive head first into their so called illness and come out stronger emotionally and mentally than their peers in society.

first of all, believing that you can never develop schizophrenia simply because you have no genetic predisposition is a myth.

in psychology books they state that people with a prior predisposition to schizophrenia have a 10% chance to develop it.
in people with NO predisposition it is 1%.
And this is with NO drug use... so imagine how much the numbers would change if drugs were involved! Which means it is still possible!

There is also drug psychosis, which IS different from schizophrenia. But it can lost for quite a while!

Edited by Crystal G (07/08/07 11:24 AM)

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Crystal G]
    #7146067 - 07/08/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

oh i definetly think anyone can develop schizophrenia.
i just dont think DRUGS caused it although they may have.

how is that for you by the way crystal G. do you take meds for it, has it gotten better/worse

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#7146079 - 07/08/07 11:31 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RedRabbit said:
oooooo you listen to Daniel Johnston!? I have never met anyone else that has listened to Daniel Johnston......

first of all you need a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia... so does someone in your family have it?

for males the cutoff date is 25 years.. after that, youre not goingto get it
women are at risk typically from 25-40 years

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: ManianFH]
    #7146102 - 07/08/07 11:37 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mickdawg666 said:
Quote:

RedRabbit said:

first of all you need a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia... so does someone in your family have it?

for males the cutoff date is 25 years.. after that, youre not goingto get it
women are at risk typically from 25-40 years

Quote:

first of all, believing that you can never develop schizophrenia simply because you have no genetic predisposition is a myth.

in psychology books they state that people with a prior predisposition to schizophrenia have a 10% chance to develop it.
in people with NO predisposition it is 1%.
And this is with NO drug use... so imagine how much the numbers would change if drugs were involved! Which means it is still possible!

There is also drug psychosis, which IS different from schizophrenia. But it can lost for quite a while!

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7146106 - 07/08/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

evolprim said:
oh i definetly think anyone can develop schizophrenia.
i just dont think DRUGS caused it although they may have.

how is that for you by the way crystal G. do you take meds for it, has it gotten better/worse

they did put me on meds originally for it,
but as i stated in the link i posted about my last psychotic episode,
i was able to cure it by my own self
without the aid of bullshit psychiatrists with their bullshit meds

its been getting better for me
but also bear in mind that i am prescribed CNS depressants--phenobarbitol and xanax--to ensure that i get good sleep every night.
because my schizophrenia is greatly exacerbated by insomnia. (see the dopamine hypothesis for schizophrenia)

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7146182 - 07/08/07 12:00 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

My friend has drug induced psychosis from a bad trip he had a few months ago (he ate 4 hits, some ecstasy and ketamine).

Hes now dosed up on olanzapine and a cocktail of other drugs to give him a sex drive / keep him awake (anti-psychotic drugs are pure evil) and diazepam so he can sleep.

Hes never going to be the same ever again; he's getting better from it.. and as far as I'm aware he had no genetic predisposition to it.
I hung out with him this weekend.. and hes not the same guy. There are elements of his personality which are similar, but definitely not the same.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6853717#6853717
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6889166#6889166

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7146198 - 07/08/07 12:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cepheus said:
My friend has drug induced psychosis from a bad trip he had a few months ago (he ate 4 hits, some ecstasy and ketamine).

Hes now dosed up on olanzapine and a cocktail of other drugs to give him a sex drive / keep him awake (anti-psychotic drugs are pure evil) and diazepam so he can sleep.

Hes never going to be the same ever again; he's getting better from it.. and as far as I'm aware he had no genetic predisposition to it.
I hung out with him this weekend.. and hes not the same guy. There are elements of his personality which are similar, but definitely not the same.

Drug psychosis is not the same as schizophrenia; anybody is prone to drug psychosis.

also olanzapine IS an atypical antipsychotic. it is also the weakeest one out there, although paradoxically the withdrawal is hell.

im assuming the drug they give him to keep him awake is modafinil? unless he was not a stimulant addict, they may have given him adderall.

If your friend's psychosis has ended, then it is these myriads of drugs that they are dosing him on, that have changed his personality for good.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7146222 - 07/08/07 12:09 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I know for a fact these drugs are evil (for some bizarre reason I decided to try olanzapine recreationally when I was younger).

His psychosis is on going; when he stops the medication / forgets to take it he hears voices and sees subliminal messages in everything... He says its getting better and is not as bad as it was.. but still its sketchy shit.

However his psychiatrist said that if he continued to use drugs he would develop schizophrenia.. Propaganda?

--------------------

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #7146253 - 07/08/07 12:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

evolprim said:

this is the only post in this thread that is worth reading. good level-headed approach evolprim. i used to think i was schizo too, particularly after a bad mushroom trip. but now i turned it around and said in the end it doesn't matter what happened to me, as long as i pursued that i deemed passionate and worth it to me.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#7146257 - 07/08/07 12:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cepheus said:
I know for a fact these drugs are evil (for some bizarre reason I decided to try olanzapine recreationally when I was younger).

His psychosis is on going; when he stops the medication / forgets to take it he hears voices and sees subliminal messages in everything... He says its getting better and is not as bad as it was.. but still its sketchy shit.

However his psychiatrist said that if he continued to use drugs he would develop schizophrenia.. Propaganda?

olanzapine (zyprexa) CAN be recreational.... i thought it was like a mild benzo/opiate high, all euphoric for a while... but if you want to enjoy other drugs it not good, cause it has mild SSRI like effects. especially when i was going through benzo w/d, zyprexa was kinda heaven....

and its possible for your friend to develop into schizophrenia. it is very possible...

but the thing about keeping him on anti-psychotics, and CNS depressants in general, is that stopping them abruptly will cause mildly psychotic symptoms in anybody. it is like an alcoholic suddenly quitting cold turkey... they will start tripping out of their mind, hallucinating, seeing/talking to things that arent really there, for days...

the only way to know if his drug psychosis is still ongoing, or whether it his w/ding from his meds, is for him to be off his meds 1-2 weeks. if its still persisting then, then it may have just been the fact that he abruptly stopped his meds. because as i stated in my link before, even full-blown schizophrenia can be cured with your own mine (without the aid of any medications), if you really consciously direct it to be so.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder