Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelonmoer
Stranger
central florida id request (good find)
    #7142917 - 07/07/07 07:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

the first 2 pic contains a strain we found in a cowfield in central florida the gills are light brown. the cap is whitish brown. the stems are thin and long the third is the rest of the haul.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: central florida id request (good find) [Re: lonmoer]
    #7142945 - 07/07/07 07:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Warning!

Not what you are looking for!
The large mushrooms are Green Gills and or some kind of Lepoita the Small Pans will need to be printed in order for a good ID...

Id toss the lot and do a bit more homework!

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Edited by YESSUP (07/07/07 07:40 PM)

Offlinelonmoer
Stranger
Re: central florida id request (good find) [Re: YESSUP]
    #7142957 - 07/07/07 07:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

really? they look just like the cubes i got a while ago. what exactly separates them? these mushrooms have a white top that comes to a brown nipple.

Offlinelonmoer
Stranger
    #7142996 - 07/07/07 07:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

just threw them away im not taking any chances.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #7143502 - 07/07/07 10:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Blue bruising is the easiest way to distinguish Psilocybe cubensis from the poisonous mushrooms that live in the same fields.

Another way to rule out cubensis "look-a-likes" is to only pick mushrooms that grow directly from dung.
I know for certain you did not pick those large mushrooms directly from a cow pie.

Also check where the stem attaches to the underside of the cap. Cubes have attached gills. Note that the gills on the large mushrooms in your photos stop short of the stem, leaving a free ring.

They look just like cubes you found earlier because you do not know what to look for. I would follow YESSUP's advice and do some homework.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #7145132 - 07/08/07 05:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

these mushrooms have a white top that comes to a brown nipple.

and dogs look inda like cats because they are covered in fur and thier teeth come to a sharp point.

you actualy spend some time researching mushroom identification before i woudld recomend you eat any wild mushrooms, period.

but cheer up, read what follows; it realy is that easy:

Psilocybe cubensis can primarily be distinuished from all other mushrooms by it's general appearance, purple-brown spore print, it's geographic range, it's orrangish or reddish brown to straw to egg-shell colored cap, becomming lighter as it dries, it's white to straw colored stipe, generaly discoloring blue when it is damages and having a superiorly positioned annulus which often becomes purple as the mushroom matures and drops spores which accumulate on said feature and by it's habit on bovine dung, horse manure and/or manure containing substrates [compost].

you see that the first set of features you're likely to notice is the first, it's general appearance. you can not rely on general impressions to identify musrooms, as when compared to the specific description that follows it, it is vague and does not safely distinguish your mushroom from others. the key is to see not just the mushroo as a whole, but as it's parts. these are where identification of mushroom species live. they are the difference between a completely safe [when prudent] and a deadly endeavor.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification