Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomGoddess
Seeker

How do you keep the flame alive?
    #7134774 - 07/05/07 09:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Over the 4th I dosed, and as always, my heart released all the negative emotions that I keep bottled up inside. I don't know what others who have experienced a similar reaction call it, but I call it utter and complete clarity. I saw my life and this world as the rare and beautiful entity that it is, and I can't tell you how honored and thrilled I was to be alive.

But as time progresses, that feeling of euphoria inevitably begins to fade. All the bullshit in my life returns to roost, and I feel much of the wisdom I've gathered from my experience is lost.

So my question is: how do you retain the insight you've gained during a trip?

--------------------
"Something else I'm getting tired of in this country is all this stupid talk I have to listen to about children. That's all you hear about anymore, children: 'Help the children, save the children, protect the children.' You know what I say? Fuck the children!"

-George Carlin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: ShroomGoddess]
    #7134864 - 07/05/07 09:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

try your best to keep a 'trip log' if you are even in the state of mind where you can write semi-well. it is always fun to review your trip by reading your own written words and the feelings you felt or ideas you had because when you read them aloud they can sometimes be alarming and cool. almost like the person that wrote it wasnt even you, which in a sense, it really wasnt at the time.

its like tripping all over again it helps you to lock in that info. I know some people say that flashbacks are rare or whatever but there are certain things that trigger them in some people and that is one of them for me. just a cool idea.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: Robo]
    #7135198 - 07/05/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

this is a great question, and the trip log is a great idea.

the "annointed" state has much to offer.

the things you do to enhance it while you are enriched are important, and to a certain extent they are applicable when you are normal.

the results are not the same however.

for instance, when you are enriched, any mental construct lasts longer - fading more slowly. so, when you adjust your mental posture or attitude the passage of layered impressions responds resonantly, and profoundly.

In this way you can learn to let go and actually see results profoundly.

when you are no longer enriched, letting-go still does amazing improvements to all aspects of life, but since your impressions are less layered, the results are less profound seeming.

An alternate method of being enriched is to do vipassana meditation. this will help keep that flame alive and it will help later with naked observation of the enriched state.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineAnthonyStoner
Stoner
Male

Loc: Beyond the realms of deat...
Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7135325 - 07/05/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've thought about having a tape recorder ready at all times during a trip. I mean, during my last trip I experienced some incredible insights! Thats just the stuff I can remember, I saw some things that would blow Buddha's mind! And at the end I felt so good, I felt that everything was cool... I cant do it justice, but as you say, the bullshit comes back into the picture like a fucking disease! Yes, I recommend one of those little tape recorders.

--------------------
If I medicined you, you'd think a brain tumor was a birthday present.

Dave's not here!

Edited by AnthonyStoner (07/05/07 11:07 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7135397 - 07/05/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I became involved in magick and mysticism. I collect crystals and have created altars with candles and incense, turning my room into a temple. I've studied the Kabbalah, the chakra system, kundalini yoga, and mystical practices. I collect crystals for healing and practice meditation, channeling, and astral travel. So yeah, I tend to stay tuned into those energies rather well. My psychedelic use just adds an occasional little boost to my already elevated state of consciousness.

--------------------

OfflineAnthonyStoner
Stoner
Male

Loc: Beyond the realms of deat...
Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: Silversoul]
    #7135428 - 07/05/07 11:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
I became involved in magick and mysticism. I collect crystals and have created altars with candles and incense, turning my room into a temple. I've studied the Kabbalah, the chakra system, kundalini yoga, and mystical practices. I collect crystals for healing and practice meditation, channeling, and astral travel. So yeah, I tend to stay tuned into those energies rather well. My psychedelic use just adds an occasional little boost to my already elevated state of consciousness.

Thats interesting. I cant speak for everyone, but certainly I would be interested in anything that could keep that higher state of consciousness going forward. Are there any meditation techniques etc you would particularly recommend?

--------------------
If I medicined you, you'd think a brain tumor was a birthday present.

Dave's not here!

Edited by AnthonyStoner (07/05/07 11:37 PM)

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: AnthonyStoner]
    #7135598 - 07/06/07 12:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

just sit there and breathe

feel your body, watch yourself breathe. actually see your vision breathe. it is what i do. when i get in tune, it's as if i become anew.

it's no different. as RGV said, it's less profound but it is still there, if i interpreted correctly. (side: what exactly is your distinction between an enriched state and not?)

it's interesting.. i find that all the "bullshit" is still there if i look for it, but if i forget about it, it's almost as if it was never there. it is easy to see how you create your own reality, and to blame yourself. but realize that going back to how you once were is just a state of mind. you have seen the higher vibrations. you know how to leave it all behind. just smile, and remember what you were originally seeking.

Edited by today mylove (07/06/07 12:43 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: today mylove]
    #7136119 - 07/06/07 06:31 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

todaymylove said:

it's no different. as RGV said, it's less profound but it is still there, if i interpreted correctly. (side: what exactly is your distinction between an enriched state and not?)

for enriched you can equally use psychedelically enriched or consciousness with extra frames stacked up, buffered up, or layered up.
or
being with persistence

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineBrian
One Being
Male

Loc: Natural Avenue
Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7136153 - 07/06/07 06:50 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the Breath FOCUS Works for Me,
But, sometimes this State of Being is actualy overlooked because without the Drama of Sacred Mushrooms leading up to My Self Discovery it's Just So Simple:smirk:

--------------------
Here, On Natural Avenue

OfflineBrian
One Being
Male

Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: Brian]
    #7136172 - 07/06/07 07:04 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I also find asking Myself " Who Am I ?"gets Me Right Back to My Clear Place,
if My Head is busy I go through a "everything Changes thought process"to remind Me that "I"is the only thing which has been with Me My whole Life, My body, Feelings, thoughts etc.,etc.,etc., are in constant change&,:rolleyes: each time I ask "Who Am I?"I ignore any thought or explanation,theory or phylosophy,
the Answer is a direct Experience of My Self

--------------------
Here, On Natural Avenue

OfflineYosefxp
HarmReductionist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hamilton, New Zealand
Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: Brian]
    #7136220 - 07/06/07 07:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I personally find it so hard to write the ideas that go soaring through my head for fear that they'll be slowed down or stopped.

I love just lying there and listening to music and thinking about things...you really do come up with the most amazing thoughts. Maybe in the future I'll start writing them down but for now I think I'll just enjoy the ride :laugh:

--------------------
Well it's alright riding around in the breeze
Well it's alright if you live the life you please
Well it's alright doing the best you can
Well it's alright as long as you lend a hand

OfflineBrian
One Being
Male

Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: Yosefxp]
    #7136417 - 07/06/07 08:46 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the Highest ~*~ is Beyond thought

--------------------
Here, On Natural Avenue

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: How do you keep the flame alive? [Re: AnthonyStoner]
    #7139185 - 07/06/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AnthonyStoner said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:

Thats interesting. I cant speak for everyone, but certainly I would be interested in anything that could keep that higher state of consciousness going forward. Are there any meditation techniques etc you would particularly recommend?

I find mantras work great for meditation. Repeat them over and over again and let your consciousness center around them. I particularly like the Gayatri mantra and the sacred mantra of Avalokiteshvara.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#7139670 - 07/06/07 10:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Live honestly and openly.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies