Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnBlaze
CriminalMastermind.
 User Gallery

Loc: dela-where?
Meditation
    #7135351 - 07/05/07 11:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hello friends on shroomery. i have noticed something about myself in general that i could use a couple suggestions on ways to help me out of it. i would like to inform everyone that i smoke tree on the daily, prolly have eaten shrooms a good 15 times, all high doses, and i have also eaten a few tabs of acid. something has been bothering me lately and i havent been able to figure out what it is, but i think that my final decision is that i am not at peace with myself in my mind. i am not a depressed person, and ive had a rocky life/ childhood. i have always enjoyed a nice incesne to clear my thoughts and relax me, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on helpful ways of meditation. thanks for your help!

--------------------
In The End Revenge Sends Zen to the Defendent.- 311

Today, a young man on acid realized
That all matter is simply energy condensed
and slowed to a low vibration
That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself
and there is no death
That life is only an illusion created in the
imagination of ourselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemkc
Vajrayana
Male

Loc: Dharma Path
Re: Meditation [Re: JohnBlaze]
    #7135383 - 07/05/07 11:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Meditation is a good key basically. Concentrate on deep breaths and clear the mind, or basically try to not think of anything; or you can concentrate on counting 1-100 without any thoughts arising. Sounds easy enough, but hard for most.
There are many meditation practices but this is the basic path.

I do the zhine practice which relies on concentrating; usually to achieve lucid dreaming.
Here's a good site
http://www.plotinus.com/zhine_tibetan_dream_yoga.htm

Edited by mkc (07/05/07 11:23 PM)

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: NewYork
    #7135394 - 07/05/07 11:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

When ever I am about to go for a run, or workout, I like to meditate (stretch/inhale/exhale with my eyes closed) I don't think of anything when I do this, I just concentrate on my breathing and relaxing. It makes me feel a lot better. I also sometimes do it for 10 minutes before go to bed.

You sound like you need some alone time to reflect on things. I have done shit like that. I like to go somewhere outside, secluded and relaxing, maybe like the beach at sunset; and just think about what ever problem you are having, and always try and think positive, and tell yourself that you will get through it, and that things will get better if you work on fixing the problem.

InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

#7135401 - 07/05/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JohnBlaze said:
...i am not at peace with myself in my mind. i am not a depressed person, and ive had a rocky life/ childhood. i have always enjoyed a nice incesne to clear my thoughts and relax me, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on helpful ways of meditation. thanks for your help!

i hear ya.

--------------------
:megapsycrankey:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7137144 - 07/06/07 12:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineRichii
Modern DayPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Meditation [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7137428 - 07/06/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Meditation is a great way to achieve a peaceful state of mind. I would recommend reading up about it on the internet and/or renting a book from the library, and even finding a teacher or instructor in the future if you want to take it seriously. It is not enough IMO to simply “sit, relax, and breathe” because most people do not know how to sit, relax, or breathe. :smirk:

You will find that you need to constantly change your position, your back will get sore, your legs will fall asleep, etc. I know a Buddhist monk who has been meditating for a countless number of years but still gets tired after meditating for a few hours. It is a lifelong learning process.

Relaxing is also not easy, and a relaxed state is even harder to maintain once achieved. Even if you have a beer and relax, or meditate few a few minutes and collect your mind, once you fall back into the habitual routines of daily life it will difficult to maintain a peaceful state of mind.

Breathing even thought it appears to be easy because we have all done it since birth, is one of the hardest things to learn to do properly. Almost all people take short, shallow breaths, using their intercostals muscles. To really use your lungs properly and get the most energy out of the oxygen you are inhaling, you must push out your stomach while inhaling, and push the air down into your abdomen.

Good luck :smile:

Offlineo9o
Fire

Loc: Earth
    #7137497 - 07/06/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

There are many methods of meditation but the key to all of them is to first learn virtue. Virtue is moral laws. Like being kind and tolerant. Being truthful. If one abides by these laws, one will naturally fall into the way of the universe and be at peace. There is birth and death. Things born out of the universe are good and bloom eternally... yet if good things become bad and fall away from the way.... they will rot like an apple beneath the tree. Earth is in the middle. Here you have a choice. Like an apple about to spoil but still good here you sit.

OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

Loc: A Never-Ending REM Cycle
Re: Meditation [Re: o9o]
    #7137533 - 07/06/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

o9o said:
There are many methods of meditation but the key to all of them is to first learn virtue. Virtue is moral laws. Like being kind and tolerant. Being truthful. If one abides by these laws, one will naturally fall into the way of the universe and be at peace. There is birth and death. Things born out of the universe are good and bloom eternally... yet if good things become bad and fall away from the way.... they will rot like an apple beneath the tree. Earth is in the middle. Here you have a choice. Like an apple about to spoil but still good here you sit.

Goon insight.
I agree, virtue is a very cliche word though, but however you look at it just be true to yourself(also cliche i know, but the truth usually is).

--------------------

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

Offlineo9o
Fire

Loc: Earth
Re: Meditation [Re: HeiligBoomerz]
    #7137632 - 07/06/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Virtue 1.a. Moral excellence and righteousness; goodness.
b. An example or kind of moral excellence: "the virtue of patience"
2. Chastity, sexual purity
3. A particularly efficacious, good , or beneficial quality; advantage
4. Effective force or power
5. Virtues. Theol. The fifth order of the nine orders of angels.
6. Obsolete. Mainly courage, valor

I think people are just lost in a society created by greedy people. Look at how much industrilization has changed the world and morals. People used to teach their children to read with the bible ... now they learn at school... and they learn to be a member of this sick society instead of learning to be good people.

All of the mental problems.. depression, anxiety, rage, despair, lust.... they all stem from what one has learned and how one chooses to act. Have you ever seen a really poor nice person that is happy all the time... Why right??? no money, nothing... What they have is gold that cant be taken away. Virtue.

To be able to smile when someone does something horrible to you is more priceless than having enough money to bring an army down on them.

Its sad that the original meaning of words is lost in society now. China is even worse... The communists destroyed the written language and all of the depths of meaning in each character (word)... they call is simplified... I call it crap. In the USA its slang.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder