Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
I have slight Contam on Base of mushroom
    #712763 - 06/30/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

anyway, I have noticed trace amounts of green mold. I do not know exactly what kind of mold but I really don't care. I ran the contam test to see if it was really a contam. there was 3-4 mushrooms with small amounts of this growing at the base of the mushroom they were picked and the spots in question were washed or rubbed under water. They rubbed away so I deemed them contams. The mushrooms in question were flushed. I thoroughly searched the top of my casing and the other shrooms. I have not found any more of the contams. Since the other mushrooms look healthy I do believe that the mushrooms may be saved. I think my problem is due to my casing layer becoming dry. The casing is 50/50 with lime. I can't mist the casing layer as there are pins and such is there a way to introduce lime water into this casing layer to help the casing out? But the Ultimate question is The surrounding mushrooms ok for consumption?

Your opinion on my situation is greatly welcomed. Also I know the saying is when in doubt throw it out. But I will not throw these out unless absoulutely neccsarry. But I have searched the forum for this exact contam and was not able to find it in multiple searches.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: I have slight Contam on Base of mushroom [Re: Liquidkick]
    #713760 - 06/30/02 05:24 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i wouldnt eat moldy shrooms. Keeping a moldy casing is just spreading more spores to infect more stuff. Ditch it quick.

Green molds are common. They usuallys start off as a whitish/gray growth/fuzz then turns green quickly after that. its spreads the spores by air current i think. so when you see it start try and take care of removing it then possibly treating it.

usually when some even starts to get mold my friend ditches it right away.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: I have slight Contam on Base of mushroom [Re: baraka]
    #714134 - 06/30/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i wonder how green mold spreads its spores... i dont know shit about molds so :P

Invisiblejaava
Loc: -
Re: I have slight Contam on Base of mushroom [Re: Liquidkick]
    #714966 - 07/01/02 04:16 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would eat em

--------------------
:shocked:

Offlinemew
Re: I have slight Contam on Base of mushroom [Re: jaava]
    #717398 - 07/02/02 06:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Green mold er Trichoderma is in the air all around travels on the air currents as was said,if it is spotted in time it can ofy=ten be removed and lime put over the spot where it was some times it works other times no as it often has permeated down into the media deeply befor caught most times its best to get rig of infected media as carefuly as possible to keeep from contaminating the rest of the AREA via air born spores .

--------------------
support the FSR

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract