Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7137260 - 07/06/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

how? dont all races use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Leanin]
    #7137261 - 07/06/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Leanin said:
how? dont all races use?

I'm guessing you didn't read my earlier post.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7137265 - 07/06/07 12:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Leanin said:
how? dont all races use?

They all use, but certain races are more likely than others to be targeted by police officers.

Racial profiling, look it up.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #7137279 - 07/06/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MoeRon said:
I don't blame anyone for not accepting it, but history speaks loudly in that someone is always going to get the short end of the stick.

...So the drug laws are fine as long as it isn't you at the end of that stick?

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Redstorm]
    #7137280 - 07/06/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

sure, but its not anyone elses fault.

what races are notorious for being in the gangs that push most of those shit drugs?

its not the laws.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7137285 - 07/06/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone I've ever bought from has been white.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7137292 - 07/06/07 12:53 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

what races are notorious for being in the gangs that push most of those shit drugs?

Also, just because they are notorious for selling drugs doesn't mean that in actuality they are the race that sells the most drugs. Prevailing opinion does not equal fact. Prevailing opinion also says that all drugs are dangerous and should be avoided at all cost. Obviously that is nonsense.

Unless you can prove to be with sources that minorities are targeted because they are the most likely to sell drugs, all you're posting is opinion.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Redstorm]
    #7137320 - 07/06/07 12:57 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have some real strong beliefs in the ideas of drug laws and the connection to race and I also have strong beliefs in the relations between race, culture and drugs and I spent the last few moments trying to figure out how I wanted to say what I think without being labeled a racist but then I decided against it because I highly value this online community and do not wish to add controversial or perhaps negatives thoughts to this conversation. However, I will say that there is a large problem with the drug laws in this country and that more black people are getting unfairly locked up than others.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineTrip_Messiah
شځﯓﭽﮡ
 User Gallery

Loc: Bowels of the under earth
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7137330 - 07/06/07 12:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think they should at least put drug offenders in minimum security prisons. I think it's truly fucked up that they have to do time in maximum security prisons with murderers, robbers, pedophiles, and anyone else that has done violent crimes.

--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #7137336 - 07/06/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Celebrities are easy to discredit, and they have to mind their public image. If they advocate drug law reform and don't have a strong, deep-rooted image as a sensible, intelligent person... they're going to be ignored and/or pigeonholed as a drug-abusing liberal fool.

What we need is experts and people with credible experience in the area of law and drugs. They are far harder to ignore or label as ignorant.

Thankfully, there's L.E.A.P. - http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php
Law enforcement against prohibition, a group lead by law enforcement professionals seeking reform of prohibition law.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Konnrade]
    #7137350 - 07/06/07 01:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

#7137363 - 07/06/07 01:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

it may not be fact, but what do you see in the movies? see on the news? prevailing opinion is fact with most of the general population.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7137382 - 07/06/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

but what do you see in the movies?

Since when are movies an accurate portrayal of real life?

Quote:

prevailing opinion is fact with most of the general population.

1. I doubt this is true.
2. Eve if it is fact most of the time, there are times when it is not true (such as here).

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
    #7137395 - 07/06/07 01:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It could certainly be argued that the current drug laws, specifically sentencing guidelines, do in fact lead to continued racial discrimination...

think slightly outside the box as to the vicious cycle that it's part of.

yos-

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

#7137408 - 07/06/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

im just trying to say most people are swayed by the movies and news.

sure its not real life, but alot of peoples opinions spring from it.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Yoschie99]
    #7137409 - 07/06/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

"There are now almost 15,500 drug offenders in NY's prisons; most of them minor offenders with no history of violent behavior.

It costs NY nearly $500 million a year to imprison drug offenders.

Over 92% of the people locked up in NY for drug offenses are African American or Latino, despite research showing that the majority of people who use and sell drugs are white."

• Although studies such as the Health and Human Services National Household Survey show that the majority of people who use and sell drugs are white, African-Americans and Latinos comprise about 92% of the drug offenders in New York State prisons: African Americans, 53.6%; Latinos, 38.5%; whites, 6.5%.

The need for economic development in depressed upstate, rural areas has been met by the construction and staffing of prisons. Largely because of the drug laws, these upstate prisons are filled with poor people of color. The drug laws thus work to benefit upstate, rural, mainly white areas and drain resources, funding and political power from poor communities of color.

• Since 1982, New York has opened 38 prisons, not counting annexes, all in rural, mainly white areas, all represented by Republican State Senators.

• Ninety-three percent of New York State inmates are housed in prisons located in Republican senate districts.

• Nearly sixty-five percent of New York State prisoners are from New York City- almost all from poor communities of color. However, two-thirds of all prisons are located more than three hours by car from New York City, cutting many inmates off from family and community ties.

• The United States Census Bureau records inmates as residents of the district where the prison that confines them is located, not as residents of the community they come from, where their families still reside.

• New York has transferred thousands of people from its inner cities to upstate areas and, along with them, the government fundind and electoral influence that are based on district population. Moreover, inmates and parolees cannot vote.

• Each year, after being kept for years in upstate correctional warehouses, thousands of former prisoners return to their communities, often embittered, with few vocational skills and stigmatized as ex-offenders.

• The prison system employs almost 30,000 people to operate the prisons located in Republican senate districts.

• Prisons in Republican senate districts receive more than $1.1 billion dollars annually to cover their operating expenses.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

#7137424 - 07/06/07 01:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

different laws wont change whos gonna get caught.

but i TOTALLY agree with lessening the sentences.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #7137434 - 07/06/07 01:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have a break down of how many violent drug offensives are committed by race?

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #7137439 - 07/06/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

does it matter? laws wont change shit. humans need to change, and thats not gonna happen.

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #7137452 - 07/06/07 01:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

there are certainly more white serial killers than other races.. just take a quick look at all the ones you can probably pull from the top of your head..

yos-

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom