Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: RedRabbit]
    #7132147 - 07/05/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Any of the P.Cubes

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedRabbit
Artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: deformedreality]
    #7132230 - 07/05/07 11:51 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

deformedreality said:
Quote:

RedRabbit said:
its just that in a perfect world,,,, psilocybes would grow like

grass needs watered, fertalized, sprayed with costic, or it wont grow, what does grow will be crappy, and will get weeds. Grass isnt a miracle plant that will grow in any conditions by it self unless its where you dont want it then it will, just like any weed.

my bad

--------------------
all posts and statements made are completely fictional,
I greatly detest being associated with any illegal activites,
In fact, I have never done anything illegal,
I choose to learn about differant substances so that in the case where i might need to interact with them, I shall know alot about them,
This is a principle in everything i do...

:einstein:
I have yet to use the knowledge i learn on this site...
:jazzman:
:grin: hee hee i should patent this! :grin:

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: RedRabbit]
    #7132433 - 07/05/07 12:53 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

im pretty new to this hobby, and i had my first success w/ burma cubensis strain, it fruits large kinda like B+

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7132447 - 07/05/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

pretty quick colonizing strain too

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: Robo]
    #7132528 - 07/05/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

A cube is a cube is a cube. They're all the same. Unless you've cloned a mushroom they are all THE SAME. With multispore inoculation (print or spore syringe) your results will vary. It just comes down to how good your technique is and what spores germinate.

OfflineRedRabbit
Artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: Mankey]
    #7134034 - 07/05/07 06:28 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm how many mushies per cake?
a little stash to have fun with some weekends....
so the more potent and the more plentiful the beetah

--------------------
all posts and statements made are completely fictional,
I greatly detest being associated with any illegal activites,
In fact, I have never done anything illegal,
I choose to learn about differant substances so that in the case where i might need to interact with them, I shall know alot about them,
This is a principle in everything i do...

:einstein:
I have yet to use the knowledge i learn on this site...
:jazzman:
:grin: hee hee i should patent this! :grin:

InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: This Island Earth, Behind the ...
    #7135310 - 07/05/07 11:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I am so surprised this thread hasn't recieved its :lockdance: yet

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: Green420Thang]
    #7135386 - 07/05/07 11:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I hear that.

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: NewYork
Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: Mankey]
    #7135542 - 07/06/07 12:11 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I would have to say the Creepers strain. high yields, big fruits, potency is nice. However all the above strains are good as well. Most cube strains are good for beginners. Good luck :thumbup:

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #7135593 - 07/06/07 12:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Started with B+. Still very fond of it. Great "starter" strain.

I don't know who was recommending cyans to you, but that's just nuts. Cubes are much simpler to grow.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

#7135600 - 07/06/07 12:29 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mankey said:
A cube is a cube is a cube. They're all the same. Unless you've cloned a mushroom they are all THE SAME. With multispore inoculation (print or spore syringe) your results will vary. It just comes down to how good your technique is and what spores germinate.

Really? That's interesting. Ever grown PE?

Look, if strains can have visible differences, I assure you they can have invisible ones, too. Stop propagating this nonsense. Just because a lot of strains are not terribly different from existing ones doesn't mean the whole concept of strains is bogus. There's just less of a difference than people (especially new cultivators) seem to imagine there is.

Also surprised at the lack of a lock, but hey, apparently that won't stop me from posting. :smile:

--------------------

Edited by figgusfiddus (07/06/07 12:29 AM)

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? *DELETED* [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7135641 - 07/06/07 12:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Mankey

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by Mankey (07/06/07 12:48 AM)

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

#7135692 - 07/06/07 12:59 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

If you think that's true, I don't think you don't understand any of the principles behind sexual reproduction.

But I'm not going to lecture you. Okay, yes I am. For the short answer: Look at a PE. Does it share features with other PEs? Yes, yes it does. They're readily visible. No, they're not all exactly the same, because they're genetically unique, but they draw from the same genetic source.

For the long, complicated, probably pointless answer, but which might help you to understand:
In humans: Are two fraternal siblings genetically identical? No, they're not. How can that be, since they both came from a combination of their father and their mother? Simple. Each sperm has a unique genetic code. So does each egg. Each of these is a half of the total genetic code of the parent, but which half? That's determined through a process called homologous recombination, a kind of "gene shuffling", during the creation of the sex cell.

So... technically speaking, when two spores from a print from one cap match up with each other, you're looking at an incestuous coupling of siblings, which in turn produces a rather similar organism to the one that produced them. If a brother and sister did it, and the baby didn't look like Frankenstein's monster or Bill O'Reilly, it would tend to look a lot like their parents did. It's a confusing analogy, since they both had two parents instead of one... but, well, you get the picture. I hope.

Edit: Why'd you edit that away instead of just adding to it? And I didn't say they were exactly the same, I said they tended to be the same, far more often than not. Of course they don't grow exactly like a penis, dunce, they weren't made from a cock were they? What they do look a lot like is the parent mutation they were isolated from.

If you're going to debate this, you'd might as well start debating against heredity itself. When a mushroom has sex with itself, so to speak, its children look a lot like the parent mushroom--as any children of incestuous masturbatory self-sex would.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: For the biggest n00b in shroomery! what shrooms would be the best to have a first grow with? [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7135778 - 07/06/07 01:48 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I just grew a huge amount of penis envy and they were all very very penis like.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale