Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: giving birth
Where do Satanists go when they die?
    #7133672 - 07/05/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm only vaguely familiar with Satanism, enough to know its different from what's its stereotypically portrayed as,(sacrificing virgins, killing babies, drinking goat blood, etc) I also know that if you pledge your allegiance to Satan, you shall be rewarded. (?)
So is Satanism directly related to Christianity, or no? If your a true Satanist, do you go to Hell when you die, but have a good ole time and party? But what about the Christians who sided against Satan? They will be rewarded in Heaven, will they not?
LOL, this is pretty confusing....

And just for the record, I'm an absolute atheist, I just like to be educated.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: The Crow]
    #7133723 - 07/05/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"Not exactly. Although the popular concept of Satan is drawn from Christian religious writings, most Satanic believers view the deity as a cosmic principal that transcends religion, finding parallels in pre-Christian mythology. In fact, one of the largest Satanic groups, the Temple of Set, associates this principle with the Egyptian God Set, rather than Satan. Very few, if any Satanists view Satan as Christians do, as a force of evil, deceit, or destruction." source

Maybe not the best description, but I was curious too.
I've researched into it before. Some if it is pretty interesting.
Other parts, not so much.. especially the ritualistic part, in my opinion.
Coexist
:grin:

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #7133740 - 07/05/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wiki suggests that Satanism is akin to teenage rebellion

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #7133769 - 07/05/07 05:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Satanism (the philosophy, not the mysticism) actually makes some sense, if you leave out the mumbo jumbo parts:

--

The Nine Satanic Sins:

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

--

And The Nine Satanic Statements:

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

--

And The Eleven Satanic Rules

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

--

More here:

churchofsatan.com

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: Diploid]
    #7133842 - 07/05/07 05:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmmm.....interesting read,Diploid. I also read the source for Dirtworshipper's post....
So actualy, most modern Satanists believe ina "cosmic principal" according to Dirtworshipper's article he found.
And Satan is just a symbol, an idea. I still dont get the "black magic" stuff.:rolleyes:
However, some Satanists do belive in Satan as a deity, called "Luciferian Satanism".
So death metal bands, for example, like Dimmu Borgir, follow Luciferian Satanism?

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #7133898 - 07/05/07 06:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yin and yang?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #7133961 - 07/05/07 06:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Satanists march all the way to heaven in the Teddy Bear Parade!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Offlinerubixcubies
porch monkey ferlyfe
Male User Gallery

Loc: ottawa on
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7134215 - 07/05/07 06:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

dude all of my pipe dreams are offended by them being likened to orghanized religion. also that satanism makes some pretty alright sense to me although maybe a lil bit harsh on people.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: rubixcubies]
    #7134347 - 07/05/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

In all seriosuness, the core beliefs of Satanism are not bad. It is really a pretty tight philosophy. It's really the deep meaning associated with its name that gives it the bad rep. If it was called Helpyourselfism and was written by Billy Mays I'm sure it would be hella popular!;-)

--------------------

Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
    #7134615 - 07/05/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, the basic beliefs are pretty cool and make sense.
Minus the curses/spells/black magic part.

haha I thought the same thing as the person above me.
Helpyourselfism.
:grin:

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Offlinecognitiveshift
CognitiveShift
Male

Loc: Qld, Australia
    #7134642 - 07/05/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

a bit off topic but ahh whats the go with ur display pic Apollyphelion, pretty random..:crazy2:

--------------------
~CognitiveShift

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: cognitiveshift]
    #7134723 - 07/05/07 09:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Great, great rule there.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: WScott]
    #7134967 - 07/05/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thing is, if everyone was a devote satanist, the negative attributes of satanism would never surface, and wed live in some kind of utopia.

Maybe Teaching selfishness is better than teaching selflessness. My personal belief is that selflessness is largely a matter of awareness...

Isnt bullshit pretty much someone pretending to be selfless, when hes really not? If everyone was selfish, things would certainly be more straight foward possibly leading us to be more selfless. Its not a sin to be selfless in satanism, its just not recommended right?

look at satanism on a social level, how could corruption and deciet arise when everyone is understood to be selfish? Its to be expected  so it really cant manifest :lol:. Certainly wouldnt have the kind fo corruption found in the church. When everyone knows everyone else is complete bastards, and that we arent dancing around the idea of being selfish, then maybe truth would arise more easily. '

Just some random thoughts...

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: daytripper23]
    #7135021 - 07/05/07 10:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

That's funny.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: Booby]
    #7135055 - 07/05/07 10:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I would think that to get the most out of life, just be an atheist. I find all these silly rules of religion to be an uneccessary waste of time and a damper on individual freedom. I'll make my own morals and principles thank you very much. Not to say if I don't scope out some sound philosophy I will ignore it. Nono, quite the contrary. I like to take take bits and pieces of different teachings, and adopt them all. But then, isn't this what we all do to feel justified in our actions?

The method I mentioned is just molding religion and shit to fits owns own lifestyle. Is that really the right choice, or is it blatant ignorance?

--------------------

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: Diploid]
    #7135076 - 07/05/07 10:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

--------------------
HOW'S MY POSTING? CLICK HERE

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: JunkFood]
    #7135119 - 07/05/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Call the police?

Yeah that's pretty dick in a lot of contexts.

--------------------

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
    #7135151 - 07/05/07 10:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like something a 10 year-old kid who's into videogames and action shows would say.

--------------------
HOW'S MY POSTING? CLICK HERE

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Where do Satanists go when they die? [Re: JunkFood]
    #7135167 - 07/05/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

It's overly dramatic satanist speak for "kick the shit out of him".

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineTrip_Messiah
شځﯓﭽﮡ
 User Gallery

Loc: Bowels of the under earth
    #7135510 - 07/06/07 12:00 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Bad satanists go to heaven of course...

I saw some show about it and a majority of satanists worship themselves. They don't actually worship satan. Although there are satanists out there that actually do worship satan and do the whole black magic deal. It's like 2 different religions with the same name.

I don't think that made any sense but to worship yourself is to worship satan.

--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order