Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagicman14222
Stranger
Pics* What's Happening With My Firends Cakes
    #712733 - 06/30/02 07:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hello Everyone,

My friend is having some difficulty with his cakes. He is a newbie and has read as much as possible. There are no responses that fit his like a glove so please help.

The cakes all eight are standard MMGG Tek.
They are all PF Classic, Hawaiin,Stropharia.
He kept them in a water heated incubator for a over a month.
He wasn?t sure what the primadora looked like so he
birthed when he saw brown spots, overlay and hyphal nots.

He birhted all but #5 and 8 over a week ago.
He had trouble with high temperatures and low humidity, he has solved that now.
he dunked 7&8 the two 1 pint cakes. He was seeing bluening of the cakes so he modified the humidity control. The terrarium was in the mid 80?s and once 90 degrees but after that he has kept it in the mid 70?s After dousing the cakes for a couple days with his ultrasonic he immediatlely saw new fluffy growth.

There are little puff balls forming and he was wondering is this premature Primadora?

Also should he dunk all the cakes that he hasn?t. he has several more 1 pint cakes that will be ready for birthing soon and he is getting impatient.

Is he close to getting these mushrooms you all speak of?
Please don?t just tell him to be patient because he has been.
Should he case the remaining 12 one pint cakes he has.
He has a hepa filter and an ultrasonic hum..

He has included pics of the cakes So someone with experience can show exactly what to look for and what the puff is and etcc..
If you notice number 5 was left in the incubator for a longer period than the rest
and is more bright white. He will allow the rest to grow to this level.

Please help are they almost here ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Pics* What's Happening With My Firends Cakes [Re: magicman14222]
    #712756 - 06/30/02 08:01 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well ill have to say it......give them time!

Also cold shocking them might help too...

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
Re: Pics* What's Happening With My Firends Cakes [Re: Fd3000]
    #712787 - 06/30/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

just try to keep the humidity as high as possible. maybe with one or two of them you should break them up and case them. case them w/ something nutritious like horse poo or cow poo. when the mycellia eats through that, then it might be able to pin for ya. give it a shot. w/ all these cakes you speak of, you'll have nothing to lose.

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Re: Pics* What's Happening With My Firends Cakes [Re: dalorean]
    #712904 - 06/30/02 09:51 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It sounds like everyone starting off feels the need to dunk their cakes. I have dunked a cake yet and have not had any problems pinning or fruiting.
I may be overlooking some siginifant benifit, but I would suggest if you are a newbie to skip the dunking until future time. You will get good results without doing so, and without complicating things......IMO.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Pics* What's Happening With My Firends Cakes [Re: GreyMatter]
    #713146 - 06/30/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

How can dunking compicate things? It is the easyest tek and there are no drawbacks so why not try to get bigger fruits?

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinemagicman14222
Stranger
Re: Pics* What's Happening With My Firends Cakes [Re: Fd3000]
    #715206 - 07/01/02 07:14 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey,

Well thx for the info. My friends pimp woke up this morning to pins on 2 cakes so he guesses it is impossible to know exactly when they are going to be ready.

Beyond that YES dunking why not ?

And beyond that my friends pimp has an inner vermiculite chamber on the pint cakes for internal replenishing for water. And guess what that's simple too.

On a serious note dood the pins are coming from the underside of the cakes
It seems they have enough water there and that's where the new fluffy growth
occurs after scratching off he verm. Correct?

Should my friends pimp be allright leaving them there and after the 1st flush just put them in a verm tray so they don't grow from the bottom?

And he knows everyone uses the double ended casing tek and some don't sterilize the verm.. should he pressure cook the verm or should he microwave it?
he's leaving for a few days and he'd like to do this while he's gone.

He thanks you guys, He Said
" the info I've read was a waste of time until I woke up to this today" --PINS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract