Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup?
    #7128682 - 07/04/07 01:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Im pretty pissed about this.

I was going to buy some bulk production pipes from a friend (A) who has a connection with a big glass blowing company guy (B), (30 or so pipes ~$350-400) and have them shipped out to me so i could sell them. Also I agreed that if he could get me the order by last weekend that I would also buy $200 in pipes from him (A)

So I bought his pipes and then he left town for a festival, where he was out of contact.... I was pissed as he flaked on getting my order through to B before leaving. He promised to call me on Monday to straighten it out, all ready having flaked on our original deal of getting it by the weekend.

So Monday passes and He doesn't call, so I look up B's number on the internet and call him to try and get the pipes. He answers takes my order and tells me that its all cool.

Then Tuesday A calls me, and i tell him dont worry about the order i called B myself, as A was not holding up his end of the bargain. Then he Flips out on me over the phone, about how im "stepping on his toes"

He then Proceeds to get B on the Phone and make sure that his Cut is now in the Price of the Order, which will make shit take even longer to get here, possibly not by this weekend.

A has been a friend of mine for a few years, but He's a total slack ass and quite immature on top of all of that, as he is 30 and still lives at home with no actual job aside from occasionally glass blowing, which does pay the bills he has. I have gotten him out of a lot of jams (at least 2 rides cross country) and had his back alot of times.

so what i want to know from you is this...

A is trying to take roughly a 20% cut on this whole deal and every deal in the future, including orders from shops that can go up to a thousand dollars or more. Problem is, His lazy ass will be making more money than I will, while I'm doing all of the work.

On top of that, he is a total slack ass, and will only add complications to me trying to make orders, him being in the loop is going to at least add a week to getting any order, which is Not going to work with these shops or me....

So what do i do?
What do I do with Friend A
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/04/07 01:47 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by Capatalistc nomad (07/04/07 01:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7128714 - 07/04/07 01:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Tell the guy a deals a deal. If he didn't hold up his end of the bargain, he forfeited rights to his cut. Its not like he tried to amend the situation or anything. The guy sounds like hes totally unreliable and shouldn't be trusted with business matters.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: lipan]
    #7128738 - 07/04/07 01:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, he is un-reliable and wont accept for a minute that he actually didnt hold up his end of the bargain......

Once he found out that I tried to cut him out, he tried to tank my deal with B completely......

Im still not sure if that is what happened...... Regardless I really dont need the stress of this bullshit. Im doing this for a little pocket change, as I have a legit business that I run that pays my bills...etc.

The thing that pisses me off even more is that I bought $200 of glass off of him for a fair price as part of this whole deal.... The thing is they were all hitters, and while they will sell, I have to have an assortment in my case to do reasonably well and actually sell shit...

Argh. I really need this order by friday too.... We'll see what happens.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7128748 - 07/04/07 02:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't do any business with a piece of shit like that.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #7128753 - 07/04/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I say talk to your friend A. tell him what's up, why it's not working this way for you and let him know you are going to be "stepping over his toes" and calling B to set up things directly from now on.

If he doesn't like that, explain why he's being a leech...which wouldn't be to bad, being your friend and all, if he wasn't so unreliable and a slackass. And tell him you are going to do it anyway

Phone B and arrange to having things done directly between you two, no middleman that just sits on his ass and takes a cut.

If A has enough of a problem with that to jepordize your friendship, he obviously isn't very grateful for the things you've done and in my opinion you should just say 'ok, see ya later then" type thing.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: DNKYD]
    #7128759 - 07/04/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah..... I mean i have known the guy for years..... so i suppose that im somewhat biased......

The other week he was talking about how he wanted to open up a glass shop and get a financial backer for about.... 20K. I said before you ever open up a business you need a plan. He said that "no man, you see once i get the money, then ill get a plan" yeah... right

Then he tells me how he hasn't paid taxes in 8 years.....

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#7128767 - 07/04/07 02:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Seems like a dumb fuck to me. Cut him out if you can contact B directly, if your friend really bitches about it cut him in for a little money to shut him up. Just make sure he doesn't get a cut on more then the first deal

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#7128770 - 07/04/07 02:09 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

also there is this consideration, I'm not sure if B will even deal directly with me, as he is used to much larger orders than a few hundred dollars.

Regardless Paying A anything significant just fucks the whole deal.

If B dosent want to deal directly, then fuck it, its too much of a hassle to be worth my time.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7128773 - 07/04/07 02:10 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

If I were you I would back away from that acquaintance ASAP. He sounds like he's primed and ready to take a few good-natured folks down with him when he tanks.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: DNKYD]
    #7128793 - 07/04/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, he's got alot of problems to deal with... he just got back on probation for something stupid, and isn't supposed to even leave the state, then leaves for a very highly policed festival......

I figured he didn't call Monday because he got arrested.

Another thing....
I drove him all the way to ultra music festival a few years back, for far less than his share of the gas. He was meeting up with people when we got down there...

when we got there they were still on their way, and we were headed into the fest. I told him, either take your stuff now, or wait untill we get out of the show....

so im in the show and he is calling me every 10 minutes bitching that i need to come open up the car for him, Waaaaaa. then i loose my phone.

Sooo.... i get back to the truck, and he is fucking livid, threatening to break out my windows just to get into it. Also he fucked up one of the handles pretty badly trying to break in. Then gets all pissed at me for it, when im doing him a giant ass favor in the first place....

I didnt talk to him for a long ass time after that, i dont quite recall why i started again.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #7128796 - 07/04/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
The other week he was talking about how he wanted to open up a glass shop and get a financial backer for about.... 20K.

I thought that paraphenalia was illegal?

"A" sounds like a douchebag...I would try to cut him out.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #7128809 - 07/04/07 02:20 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

This guy sounds like a total loser/parasite who mooches everything he can get and thinks nothing of other people. The fact that you have a past with him may make you feel some amount of compassion but take a look at him for what he really is....a scumbag.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7128826 - 07/04/07 02:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I suppose.....

As for the legality, Its an interesting little thing the way the laws are written, at least here in Illinois.

As long as glass pipes are not called certain things, free of any illegal drugs, while in the presence of tobacco they are not considered illegal.

however if you call it a 'bong' or have marijuana on your person (even with a clean pipe) it proves intent and is there fore illegal.

if you walk into a head shop and ask to see that 'bong' you get kicked out, if you ask to see the same thing and call it a 'water pipe' you can buy it, lol

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineRasulaz
Stranger
Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7128846 - 07/04/07 02:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

What Randal said, your friend sounds like a real peice of work. He is trying to make a profit off you without providing any services since the distributor is ready to deal with your directly.

That would be like if a friend of mine without an internet connection wanted to order something off amazon, then I said sure I'll order it for you, then I upcharged 20%. But I never ordered it, so he went to the library and ordered it himself, and I got pissed because he isn't paying me for doing nothing.

Invisiblemytehdogizflying
Surrender to the flow
Male

#7128851 - 07/04/07 02:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
if you walk into a head shop and ask to see that 'bong' you get kicked out, if you ask to see the same thing and call it a 'water pipe' you can buy it, lol

You're also not supposed to call it a head shop, either. I've gotten very disgruntled looks from employees whenever I slip up and don't say 'water pipe', but I've never actually been kicked out. They just correct me and show me the bong.

--------------------
:philkensebben: There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: mytehdogizflying]
    #7128897 - 07/04/07 02:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

you can ditch both, there are other places you can get into contact with wholesalers. If you want, I can give a place where you can deal directly with the Chinese lol. just send me a message

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie

#7128927 - 07/04/07 03:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Wait a minute here, you're getting extorted by a 30 year old hippie who still lives at home with his parents? :rofl:

You called B direct meaning A has no part in that deal. He's straight up muscling you for that 20%. Tell him to fuck off.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: lipan]
    #7128932 - 07/04/07 03:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck that guy, man. He's not worthy of any cut, much less 20%.

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
    #7129150 - 07/04/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Why not look else where for business? There is plenty of glass wholesalers out there, do not limit yourself to this deal. Always look for other opportunity's of which there is plenty of them.
What type of pipes are you looking at? Are they inside out?
I bet you could find some shroomerites to do business with. I know a couple glass blowers, and I am sure a lot of others here do to.

Offlinecognitiveshift
CognitiveShift
Male

Loc: Qld, Australia
Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #7129157 - 07/04/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I believe the answer is;
Tell him that I'll Give him 5% and nothing more as long as i can deal directly with B (On the condition that all orders be met within "insert time frame here") then give businesss justification as to why it has to be this way.

OR IF THIS FAILS

Cut a Deal with B raise his profit slightly on the grounds that A be expelled from the contract/deal.

Hope this helps

--------------------
~CognitiveShift

Invisiblesupercollider
superconducting

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Waxahachie
    #7129251 - 07/04/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I would cut that bitch out of both my business and my life.

As for B, try to deal with him directly. If he's uneasy about the small size of the order, try assuring him that you'll reinvest some profit from this time into a bigger order next time. Or just offer him a bit more money this time for his trouble.

--------------------
Supercollider? I just met her!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: How much of a 'tax' is fair to pay your hookup? [Re: supercollider]
    #7129287 - 07/04/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

well, i got resoursefull and got myself 5 new blowers that will make me consignment works, im stil pissed that i wont have that order for this weekend though.....

i suppose that ill have to make some glass myself :wink:

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
    #7129372 - 07/04/07 05:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i didnt vote this of course but this is what happens

Let him take his cut, and make less than him while working more than him (not a likely option)

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7129777 - 07/04/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Is his last name Burick by any chance?

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #7129836 - 07/04/07 08:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

That dude is trying to screw you out of money. Plain and simple. A lot of people screw people like that. Tell him to fuck off. You already have negotiated price and delivery. Charge 20%, fuck off. Find yourself other people to do business with.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order