Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #9462878 - 12/19/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Not to mention that pretty much every chemical people think of as synthetic is naturally occurring anyway

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9465576 - 12/20/08 03:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yeah cause my amphetamine plant is producing some nice buds this time of year.  i think it will be ready to harvest soon.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: pantsboy]
    #9465620 - 12/20/08 03:47 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just because a chemical has never been found in nature before doesn't mean that it could not be found in nature.

The very fact that human beings are able to synthesize a given chemical means that it could also be found in nature.

I believe that the division between "natural" and "synthetic" is imaginary.

If a human synthesizes psilocin, is that psilocin natural or synthetic?

The word organic as in "organic chemistry" came from the belief in vitalism, the belief that living organisms had some special force.  Vitalism was discredited with the synthesis of urea in the early 1800s.

It's an ignorant and meaningless distinction.  If a human being does it then nature could also do it.

--------------------
Absent.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9466670 - 12/20/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pantsboy said:
yeah cause my amphetamine plant is producing some nice buds this time of year.  i think it will be ready to harvest soon.

I don't know about amphetamine, but methamphetamine occurs in a species of acacia that grows in Texas.

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Asante]
    #9466943 - 12/20/08 12:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Mankind's greatest merit is to stretch things a bit, and see what it does :smile:

Sorry but.... Am I the only one who immediately thought of goatse.

Edited by jellyfish (12/20/08 12:48 PM)

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: jellyfish]
    #9466954 - 12/20/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

We are all just a bunch of atoms. Nothing special as to whether nature or a human creates it. Humans after all were created by nature.

--------------------

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#9466964 - 12/20/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

To me it comes down to the messages of the psychedelics. I'd trust what Salvia taught me over a DXM trip, just because it comes from nature. It's sort of a "who's at the other end of this call?" thing.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: doom876]
    #9466976 - 12/20/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

All the molecule does is bind to some receptors. The experience is coming from you not the salvia or the dxm. It's all from within that's why the source doesn't matter. Lsd feels way more natural to me than salvia, salvia is almost always a painful experience (for me at least).

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#9467070 - 12/20/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's not about how it feels, it's where it comes from to me. It's just what chemicals I choose to trust. I wont ever really have full trust in LSD, DXM, etc. Natural plant entheogens, shamaniclly proven plants only to me...for shamanic purposes...I'd take DXM for the fun and experience though. I have nothing against people who do utilize these chemicals though. I don't have so much of a thing against LSD though, it is derived from Ergot after all.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Edited by doom876 (12/20/08 01:15 PM)

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: doom876]
    #9467291 - 12/20/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Do you fully trust datura? Or cyanide? Sorry but your opinion sounds completely retarded and without any basis. Would you not trust a natural drug (like psilocin) if it was made in a lab? DMT was synthesized before it was discovered. So you wouldn't trust it back then but once they isolated it from a plant you'd trust it? You know most poisons are made from or based on plant chemicals... right? You don't have much against LSD because it's derived from a poisonous fungus? What the fuck does that even mean. No man made drug came from thin air it always comes from nature in some way. Sorry but you sound like a 15 year old hippy wanna be.

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
    #9467302 - 12/20/08 02:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It is theoretically possible to create any chemical from any chemical. I could take psilocybin and use it as a precursor to produce LSD. Is that natural or not??

Chemicals are chemicals :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #9467337 - 12/20/08 02:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly. Not only could we make anything from anything but nature does it as well. Magic mushroom exist because of random gene mutations creating a species of something that did well in it's environment. These gene changes are random and so are the new chemicals they could end up synthesizing. The only reason they exist is because they had an advantage in their environment. The fact that an enclosed series of chemical reactions, functions better when it contains psilocin, shouldn't make you trust psilocin more. In evolutionary history tons of chemicals have been synthesized, many of which could be drugs to the human mind, but where are they know? Do they go extinct because they weren't meant to exist? When mushrooms go extinct will psilocin be a scary man made chemical that cannot be trusted? No. Because everything is meant to exist.

OfflineKadu 2
Stranger
    #9473060 - 12/21/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I totally understand where you are all coming from and in truth I have no idea what is correct and none of us do, we all can at least admit that but human science has only gone so far.

What I mean by this is that I believe it can go a lot deeper than just the molecule and the atoms, there could be whole universes inside every atom and we are just all in a atom like thing in a much larger world but that's for another discussion.

I believe that different things will have different energies depending on their origin, but don't get me wrong I believe LSD to be just as enlightening, spiritual and as much of a growing tool as mushrooms, but I also believe a part of the mushrooms inner energy comes in through the experience and with a synthetic another more unknown energy (just as meaningful and just as powerful, as everything is equal) comes through the experience.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Kadu 2 (12/21/08 02:19 PM)

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Plasmid]
    #9473496 - 12/21/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:
Just because a chemical has never been found in nature before doesn't mean that it could not be found in nature.

The very fact that human beings are able to synthesize a given chemical means that it could also be found in nature.

I believe that the division between "natural" and "synthetic" is imaginary.

If a human synthesizes psilocin, is that psilocin natural or synthetic?

The word organic as in "organic chemistry" came from the belief in vitalism, the belief that living organisms had some special force.  Vitalism was discredited with the synthesis of urea in the early 1800s.

It's an ignorant and meaningless distinction.  If a human being does it then nature could also do it.

wow im actually agreeing with plasmid on this one!

--------------------

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: pong]
    #9480792 - 12/22/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's attitude's like thecenter's that irritate me:
if you want a spiritual trip then use something natural and if you want recreation then use a synthetic substance.  That sounds like the voice of utter stupidity to me.  The Center don't you see how misguided your beliefs are?

--------------------
Absent.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Plasmid]
    #9481155 - 12/22/08 11:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:
It's attitude's like thecenter's that irritate me:
if you want a spiritual trip then use something natural and if you want recreation then use a synthetic substance.  That sounds like the voice of utter stupidity to me.  The Center don't you see how misguided your beliefs are?

Yep, plasmid is right.  Its true.

Im not being sarcastic.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

#9482382 - 12/23/08 09:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pantsboy said:

You're growing Acacia berlandieri?

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

Offlinehowtodisappear
Stranger
Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #9483061 - 12/23/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What about Datura? That's a plant drug and a very powerful hallucinogen.
It can also be fatal.
Just because you like psychedelic mushrooms and cacti doesn't mean that organics are any better or safer than a synthesized drug.
Example: LSA is far more toxic than LSD.

Also, do you realize how many chemicals and perservatives there are in the food you eat?

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: howtodisappear]
    #9486768 - 12/24/08 12:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The origin of the chemical represents a psychological component of the brain's reaction to it.

For example, eating mushrooms I bought from a stranger gives me creepy, alien-invasion type vibes, whereas eating the fresh mushrooms my brother grew and gave me gives me a warm, familial feeling as I trip. (Incidentally, I really hope the spores I've been trying to grow pull through.)

LSD trips feel clean and precise to me, because I know it was made in a lab.

Meth makes me feel like shit because it's meth. It wouldn't matter if I got stuff made in a meth lab or in an acacia tree, that's just something meth does.

Et cetera.

It's all about your preference and what you take into the trip with you.

The topic that started this thread is very silly. "Organically" derived chemicals have no inherent advantages over synthesized ones other than the advantages we assign them personally when we use them.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (12/24/08 12:13 AM)

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9487307 - 12/24/08 02:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
The origin of the chemical represents a psychological component of the brain's reaction to it.

For example, eating mushrooms I bought from a stranger gives me creepy, alien-invasion type vibes, whereas eating the fresh mushrooms my brother grew and gave me gives me a warm, familial feeling as I trip. (Incidentally, I really hope the spores I've been trying to grow pull through.)

LSD trips feel clean and precise to me, because I know it was made in a lab.

Meth makes me feel like shit because it's meth. It wouldn't matter if I got stuff made in a meth lab or in an acacia tree, that's just something meth does.

Et cetera.

It's all about your preference and what you take into the trip with you.

The topic that started this thread is very silly. "Organically" derived chemicals have no inherent advantages over synthesized ones other than the advantages we assign them personally when we use them.

...but you are not going to make the leap and say that you could tell the difference if given to you in a blind experiment, are you?  Because, that bit of *magic* would need some real proof.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale