Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFellowGrower
Fungal Freedom Fighter
 User Gallery

Questions: including LC, Drying, and Dosage.
    #7123235 - 07/03/07 07:51 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Some say, "Wet" right off the patty is gonna be your most POTENT mushroom.
Others, say dried completly is the most?

I ate a "Wet Stem" yesterday and didn't real feel anything.

So my tendancy is to believe Dried is better.
Fully dried, takes about 2 days? Will they ever get "Brittle" to the touch? or will they remain some what "Squishy"

Also, a bruised mushroom is bad right? like,
I couldnt eat the stem I did the Biopsy on right?
Seen here

Also, Xaxphannes said to pluck em just before the Veil breaks?
but, will they not continue to grow if I just left em?
or they don't get much bigger once it breaks,b/c by then they're pretty much done?(Growing taller) I should only let the veils break if I want a spore print right?
I wanna clear this up, b/c I know Xaxphaanes is smart, but Ive heard the opposite, that you DON'T pluckem till they break... so...
can we clear this up?

thanks! yall are the best!

also, Dried dose for one person is like 2 full shrooms?
(not that I'm bout to trip later) I was just wondering.
lol

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBloodhound
Sleeping on thejob
Male

Re: Questions: including LC, Drying, and Dosage. [Re: FellowGrower]
    #7123271 - 07/03/07 08:13 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

just one wet stem? It wasn't enough, bro. you'd have to eat at least 25-30g of wet to get a decent trip. They prefer dried because it's easier to measure dosage when the water weight is all gone.

I don't know about veil tearing thing though.

OfflineWish
Your Girlfriend.
Female

Re: Questions: including LC, Drying, and Dosage. [Re: Bloodhound]
    #7123363 - 07/03/07 09:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

1) Bloodhound is right. One stem,sooooo not enough.
2) Yes you can eat shrooms that are brusied. They are going to bruise a bit when you pick em anyway. You could eat the one you biopsied without any issue.
3) They are more potent if you pick them just before the veil breaks. Once the veil breaks they release spores, which gets messy. Which is why you want to pick them. So YES, they will grow larger taller typically, but its not going to do you any good as far as your potency goes, and you will find spores all over all your stuff in your terrarium.

But as far as wet or dry goes... I think its all a matter of taste. I personally like my shrooms fresh. I pickem straight off the cake to eat if given my rathers... but I know many people that prefer them dry for 2 reasons.
1) the obvious... THEY LAST LONGER
2) They are easier to mask the taste of if they are dry because they can put them in chocolate or any number of other recipies...

I like the taste of fresh ones, but I hate the taste of dry...
So I believe the wet or dry thing to be only a matter of taste and opinion and not really in which is more potent

--------------------
loose lips sink ships.

OfflineFellowGrower
Fungal Freedom Fighter
 User Gallery

Re: Questions: including LC, Drying, and Dosage. [Re: Wish]
    #7123424 - 07/03/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

so your saying, a handful, is a handful,
and its gonna get you a handful's ammount of "Fuctupedness"
regaurdless of wet or dry?
that its ALL in personal pref?
yeah. that was the other thing, is they tasted good!
so I was worried that they wern't the right shit!
(kuz Ive never had any that didn't taste like 3 week old dog shit in the bottom of a dumpster! lol.
Think I'm gonna go with TEA.
Trippen at night is better right?
THANKS FOR REPLY!

--------------------

OfflineWish
Your Girlfriend.
Female

#7123488 - 07/03/07 09:59 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

well, a handful of dry and a handful of fresh are not quite the same thing.
Potency will always be affected by the actual amount of mushrooms you consume.
The reason for this is based on water content.
Mushrooms are mostly water. which is why they shrink so drastically when you dry them.
So mushroom - H2O= less weight and space
The only thing that will increase the potency is consumption of more Mushie flesh

So if you hold a handful of dry shrooms you hold more mushroom flesh than if you hold a handful of fresh shrooms. Even if it doesn't look that way.

I think fresh mushrooms definitely taste good, but I know a lot of people who don't. Some people are even freaked out by the texture of a mushroom.
So when you ask people which they prefer, its not usually going to be an answer based on potency, but more on immediate need.
Does your consumer hate the taste, texture, or smell of fresh mushrooms?
Does your consumer need to be able to hold the mushrooms for more than a couple days before they actually eat them?
What is available for storage of the mushrooms?

If you are a consumer who is acquiring your shrooms from an outside source and not growing them yourself, you may prefer to have them dried. Drying preserves the life of the potency and mushroom body. After all, mushrooms make a fabulous home for mold and rot when they are fresh because of their water content. Which is probably why people began drying shrooms in the first place.

9x out of 10 non cultivator consumers will want them dry
Why?
They can take them whenever they want without the pressure of natural decay weighing on them.
They don't have to have any really special storage plans. They can throw them in a sock drawer or whatever...(so long as its a dry area)
They are easier to transport.
and finally
That is the way most consumers are used to getting their mushrooms.

It sounds as though you are doing very well with your cultivation :smile: Congrats! I'm glad to see that you are doing LCs.... I'm still stuck on my basic print,syringe tech... I plan on following in your footsteps and trying a LC as soon as I start another flush.

As for night or day....
It doesn't matter really. Most people trip at night I think, but I have taken many fabulous day trips and enjoy them just as much.
I believe its all in your surroundings as to the how good your trip will be.
One of my favorite day trip spots is the pool. I don't know how safe this would be for everyone, but for me, I get my friends together and party in the pool :smile: Great day trip spot!
:smile:
Best!
      Wish

--------------------
loose lips sink ships.

Edited by Wish (07/03/07 10:03 AM)

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#7123596 - 07/03/07 10:27 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Psilocin in particular degrades during the drying process. They are more potent by weight dried (duh), but by an absolute measure more actives are present in wets.

Drying is for sale/storage.

OfflineFellowGrower
Fungal Freedom Fighter
 User Gallery

Re: Questions: including LC, Drying, and Dosage. [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7123751 - 07/03/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks! ya'll are the best!

By "handful" I meant just the same ammout of shrooms.
but what you said make sense.

Yeah, im doing a spore syringe right now Im boiling water to sterilize my needle. Quick fact, did you know that once you make a needle with spores you have to let it sit for like 2 days before you can knock anything up wit it? yeah, the spores have to "Rehydrate" or they're use less. I just learned that today on erowid.
GLAD I READ THAT! my eager beaver ass would have knocked em up later tonight! lol.

--------------------

OfflineWish
Your Girlfriend.
Female

#7123916 - 07/03/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

There is nothing wrong with the syringe method IMHO... Its served me well for 7 years now. LoL

--------------------
loose lips sink ships.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds