Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Transformers
    #7121697 - 07/02/07 10:00 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Holy shit what a good movie.

When the movie started the whole theater went nuts.
Everytime a new character/autobot was introduced everyone went nuts.
Standing ovation at the end!!

Would definitely pay to see it again!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Transformers [Re: adamj]
    #7121705 - 07/02/07 10:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i am reminded of the transformers scene in clerks 2.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7121710 - 07/02/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I just don't see how this movie could possibly be any good

but :ohwell:

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #7121716 - 07/02/07 10:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Huge transformers fan here...so I about busted a nut when I heard that this movie was being made. However, all of the critics said that it sucked.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Transformers [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7121727 - 07/02/07 10:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Huge transformers fan here...so I about busted a nut when I heard that this movie was being made. However, all of the critics said that it sucked.

Its Michael Bay, are you really suprised they think it sucks?

The only decent movie he has done was The Island.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Re: Transformers [Re: AaronEvil]
    #7121748 - 07/02/07 10:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'd put this movie above Spiderman, XMen, Hulk, etc.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #7121886 - 07/02/07 10:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:

above xmen huh?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineGeeWhilliker
Stranger
Re: Transformers *DELETED* [Re: adamj]
    #7121991 - 07/02/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by OneMoreRobot3021

Reason for deletion: f

Offlineacidboy
That Guy

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Transformers *DELETED* [Re: GeeWhilliker]
    #7122122 - 07/02/07 11:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

#1 movie of the summer will stomp out harry potter that comes out in 2ish weeks, Optimus Prime, got a standing ovation when he came up the first time, and bumble bee is beatuiful, no vw bug shell for him here, no better much better

i give this movie a 10 a fucking 10 for action, 2 for that sneaky sneak love story, and another fucking 10 for everything else, Shia LaBeouf has come a long way from even steavens, and my autobot sences are telling me this will be a trilogy

stay after the movie ends afew short comical scenes with refreance to the us government, nothing after the credits

OfflineWhlskeyClone
Stranger
    #7122189 - 07/02/07 11:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by coda (07/02/07 11:47 PM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #7122207 - 07/02/07 11:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:

above spiderman???? :eek:

I used to watch transformers when I was a young lad.  I'm pretty excited about seeing it. hopefully this won't get my hopes up to be crushed

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineHELLA__TlGHT
Stranger
    #7122431 - 07/03/07 12:09 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

Re: Transformers [Re: HELLA__TlGHT]
    #7122509 - 07/03/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I saw it tonight. I was so psyched to see it, but I thought it sucked. From the very beginning, I could tell that I wasn't going to like it. It was shot as if it was Pearl Harbor meets Armageddon with robots. The story was pretty much non-existent, yet it was still 2 and a half hours long. It was choppy and scattered, and although the special effects were pretty bad ass, I thought I was having a seizure through the last half hour of the movie.

I would not sit through that again. So disappointing because it could have been so good. Get rid of Michael Bay for the sequel and get a new screenwriter, and maybe I'll see it.

On a side note, what's that JJ Abrams nameless trailer that played, with the monster/lion or something ravaging NYC as downtown Manhattan went up in a fireball, all shot on a home video camera from a rooftop in queens. Now, that movie looks like it's worth my 8 dollars. Transformers did not live up to the hype.

By the way, this scat shit is ridiculous.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7123290 - 07/03/07 08:26 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

the movie was fucking awesome. I'll probably see it again.

The only thing I didn't like was how shaky the camera was during some of the action sequences.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Transformers [Re: AaronEvil]
    #7123313 - 07/03/07 08:36 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

Its Michael Bay, are you really suprised they think it sucks?

The only decent movie he has done was The Island.

Wrong.

The Rock is still an amazing movie. Easily Bay's best.

I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon stoned off my ass. Can't wait. And I've read nothing but good reviews about it...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

Re: Transformers [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7123344 - 07/03/07 08:56 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
The Rock is still an amazing movie. Easily Bay's best.

I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon stoned off my ass. Can't wait. And I've read nothing but good reviews about it...

If you like Bay, than you'll like this movie. You'll notice the signiture over-dramatic slow motion shots and cheesy score. I happen to think Bay is a shitty direcctor, although I did like The Rock. Anyone else notice the weird amount of racism in it? LIke when the black hacker gets raided by the FBI while playing video games with his cousin and he starts going crazy and saying things like "My grandma don't like no one on her rug, specially the cops!" and everyone fucking with the Cuban? guy for not speaking English.

Even Jazz spoke ebonics. Weird.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Transformers [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7123537 - 07/03/07 10:14 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hahahahahaha The autobot Jazz spoke ebonics? hahahaha

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #7123582 - 07/03/07 10:22 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DrCamacho89 said:
On a side note, what's that JJ Abrams nameless trailer that played, with the monster/lion or something ravaging NYC as downtown Manhattan went up in a fireball, all shot on a home video camera from a rooftop in queens. Now, that movie looks like it's worth my 8 dollars. Transformers did not live up to the hype.

what movie are you talking about?

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Transformers [Re: Atheist]
    #7123589 - 07/03/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

oh damn i just found one article

is this shit like being kept top secret?

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#7123621 - 07/03/07 10:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i saw it last friday and i personally thought it was long drawn and crap. i also think michael bey is a pretty bad director.

i was excited to see it at first because i grew up watching transformers and did get a little excited to see the autobots being introduced, but then throughout the movie i was quite pissed to see all the product placement - from general motors cars (hummers, the 2009 camaro - bumblebee, etc) to the US air force and army, to showing how the US army and air force arsenal is like, to nokia, to fucking macs etc...

geez it was so in your face that it got annoying

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7123623 - 07/03/07 10:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I can't find the trailer anywhere online, but it was bad ass. Shot entirely on homevideo camera at some guy's going away party in either Queens or Brooklyn, I couldn't tell. There was an earthquake, and they all go out on the roof to see what's going on, and downtown Manhattan was just up in flames with fireballs shooting out. The CGI mixed in with the home video quality made it look so realistic. They didn't even have a title on the trailer, but I found out it's called Cloverfield.

If you find the trailer, please post. It's an old school monster destroying NYC movie apparantly, but the way it's shot from camcorders of the residents makes me believe it's going to be something completely new.

--------------------

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7123636 - 07/03/07 10:37 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

So what is Cloverfield? According to AICN, it’s a giant monster movie (refferred internally as “The Parasite”) which is shot using home video cameras from the point of view of real people who are experiencing the attack on New York City.

DAMN THAT SHIT SOUNDS CRAZY PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE TRAILER WAS BETTER THAN TRANSFORMERS

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7123808 - 07/03/07 11:25 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know what you people were expecting...the movie was great. Better than spiderman or x-men.

I've never been into comic books or the tv show...so this was my first Transformers "experience" and I thought it was awesome. I went to the comic book store today...and discovered they started a brand new series from the beginning....just bought and read the first volume...the fucker was $20...but I'll probably be reading the rest of the series...and seeing the rest of the movies..which I'm sure will be made.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #7124714 - 07/03/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I read a couple posts in this thread, but not most of them

Seriously, I think a critics opinion means shit.

I'm a HUGE fan of blockbusters that are loaded with special effects. Science Fiction shit is so cool, especially when it's on a monster budget.

It's coming from one of the best studios for blockbusters and spielberg is on board.

I know 100% that I'm going to enjoy this movie and I can't wait.

I'm going to see it tomorrow.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Transformers [Re: Spooge]
    #7124782 - 07/03/07 02:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Transformers was the shit. I've waited all my life for this film to come out and it did not disappoint. If you want action, it's got action, if you want humor it's fucking hilarious, if you want hot girls, Megen Fox looks amazing. Overall a fantastic movie.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
    #7125011 - 07/03/07 04:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think I might go to the movies real soon and enjoy this shiznats.

OfflineTrip_Messiah
شځﯓﭽﮡ
 User Gallery

Loc: Bowels of the under earth
Re: Transformers [Re: Rahie]
    #7127040 - 07/04/07 12:51 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Just got back from seeing the movie. Overall it was a "good" movie. I think they should have casted better actors for some parts. Also I think the people that did the voice acting for the autobots were terrible especially Optimus Prime, Jazz was a complete joke. The decepticons sounded cool though real evil robotic but the autobots just sounded cheesy. They should have focused on the tranformers more and not the underlying love story. I wish I would have waited till it came out on dvd. Rent it.

--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

#7139341 - 07/06/07 09:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DrCamacho89 said:
I can't find the trailer anywhere online, but it was bad ass. Shot entirely on homevideo camera at some guy's going away party in either Queens or Brooklyn, I couldn't tell. There was an earthquake, and they all go out on the roof to see what's going on, and downtown Manhattan was just up in flames with fireballs shooting out. The CGI mixed in with the home video quality made it look so realistic. They didn't even have a title on the trailer, but I found out it's called Cloverfield.

If you find the trailer, please post. It's an old school monster destroying NYC movie apparantly, but the way it's shot from camcorders of the residents makes me believe it's going to be something completely new.

a new Godzilla maybe? The guy said he was going away to Japan.. then a big ball of fire...??

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7139542 - 07/06/07 09:57 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It looks marginal at best, but then again I was always a BeastWars man...

I have Weiss names!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#7140027 - 07/06/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:
Quote:

DrCamacho89 said:

a new Godzilla maybe? The guy said he was going away to Japan.. then a big ball of fire...??

Quote:

So what is CLOVERFIELD? Well, word from inside the company is that CLOVERFIELD is a giant monster movie, featuring something that's being referred to internally as "The Parasite," and we’re going to see a trailer for it very soon that’s been designed and shot even as we speak. I’m not sure if it’s going to be attached to TRANSFORMERS or if we’ll see it later in the summer, but it’s definitely coming soon. And the end of it should feature one of those iconic images that makes people talk about a trailer for months.

And what makes this different than any other giant monster movie? Well, as I understand it, most of the film is going to be shot using home video cameras, as if from the point of view of real people who are experiencing an attack on New York. It’s designed as a fairly small picture, all things considered, and right now, they’re working to make sure the script is going to deliver some wild thrills (like an earthquake that levels Manhattan or an oil tanker flipping over by the Statue of Liberty), but that it’s not suddenly going to turn into a giant $150 million movie. It’s a tricky balance, and if they pull off everything they’re trying to do, CLOVERFIELD could be something really groovy. Not a man in suit in sight.

We’ll keep our ears to the ground on this one

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals