Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRuiner
Stranger
slight bleach content in myco expert help please
    #711846 - 06/29/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I harvested a 4 inch shroom but the rest were a little behind.I took all precaution by washing hands and arms with bleach water and anti bacterial soap,took off my shirt,cleaned with bleach water over head and all around the sight.My problem and fear is I rinsed the bleach watered spray bottle out with boiling water and after harvest I sprayed some of the boiled water(no longer hot) on the myco bag sides(not right on the cake).Afterwards I sprayed the water in my mouth and tasted slight bleach (very slight in the water) is it gonna kill my shrooms.Please veterans help me get a piece of mind.The first time I harvested it was to soon and lost a full cake this is my second harvest please let me hear some good news,please.Please help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: slight bleach content in myco expert help please [Re: Ruiner]
    #712121 - 06/29/02 08:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You cleaned yourself with bleach? Do you have any skin left? Don't do it.
And then you drank bleach water? Don't do that either. Bleach is toxic.
A bit of bleach residue in water won't harm your shrooms, it's common practice to dunk cakes in a 1:100 bleach:water solution without doing any damage.

OfflineDaMigraine
Beats so hard itrequiresprotection
Loc: New Hampshire
    #712147 - 06/29/02 08:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why do you even bother posting?????

--------------------
I keep my posts like a bikini bottom, long enough to cover the subject... short enough to keep it interesting.

OfflineZEPH

Loc: Up
Re: slight bleach content in myco expert help please [Re: DaMigraine]
    #712418 - 06/30/02 12:30 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

cuz hes new ya happy hardhoe sellecta BITCH ! why dont ya just steep the fuck on god.. any way bleach wont hurt any iv smelled bleach on my fillters and pumps and rocks and my fish are fine and clorine is in city water anyway lol..and yes 1:100 is the mix to dunk cakes or spray for spider mold but i belive i read thippie say its close to the max

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #712667 - 06/30/02 06:21 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

you should be fine,
a little bleach won't kill your shrooms.
and bleach is not toxic,
it's caustic, there's a difference.
once the ph is adjusted within human tolerance,
a little bleach is perfectly safe to drink and in fact can be used to sterilize/purify drinking water in emergency/survival-type situations.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineRuiner
Stranger
    #714308 - 06/30/02 08:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Let me refrain my statement alittle I didn't drink the bleach I tasted a little to determine how strong it was and I when I washed my hands I used watered down bleach mixture just to help kill the germs.I was trying to becarefull because last time I opened a myco bag to gather my shrooms and they got the green contamination. Oh yeah Damigraine you are Dadick I asked for expert advice not to hear from the human ass cheek.Thanks guys for the help and cutting a new guy some slack.I have 8 myco bags and all are slamming and my first harvest I got an oz out of 2 myco bags.I realise I'm a begginer but I think I'm doing allright so if ya don't have any advice there is no need to reply and act like a dick(I think we know who I'm talking about).Later

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag