Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNotAnotherSlave
Jus Sum Slave

Pressure Cooker
    #710011 - 06/29/02 12:02 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is my first time growning and i don't have a pressure cooker and i don't know where to get one... do i need this or is there something else i can do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: NotAnotherSlave]
    #710016 - 06/29/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinekwisatz
journeyman

Loc: Arrakis
    #710038 - 06/29/02 12:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You can get a PC cheaply on eBay, it is a good investment.

Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
    #710096 - 06/29/02 02:15 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A pressure cooker is best, but if you are using brown rice flower/vermiculite as your substrate, you can boil your jars in a pot of boiling water with a tight lid for an hour. If you do this, be sure to put a towel, or something similar on the bottom to keep the jars from touching the bottom of the pot. Hope this helps.

-Grimey

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#710521 - 06/29/02 08:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you wanna save bucks check out Goodwill, Salvation Army,St. Vincent DePauls thrift stores. These are also good sources for the other stuff you will need. I was just in Goodwill this morning and found a Kaz healthmist humidifier for 3 bucks.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #710877 - 06/29/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

This is my first time growning and i don't have a pressure cooker and i don't know where to get one... do i need this or is there something else i can do?

If you can't figure out where to get a pressure cooker, I'd have to say you're not smart enough to grow shrooms.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #710881 - 06/29/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

maybe he is just worried about ethical suppliers.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: nugsarenice]
    #711006 - 06/29/02 11:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

maybe he is just worried about ethical suppliers.

Ethical suppliers of pressure cookers? Nugs, you crack me up.

Anyone with an I.Q. higher than a rock can find a pressure cooker at more places than I can name.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #711032 - 06/29/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisibleblitz
RIP "Ripper" akaBrandon
    #711069 - 06/29/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I just got one of those Mirro 4.2 qt 10lbs pressure cookers orr ebay ($20)... hope its good....

Pressure cookers can be expensive, so ebay is probably a good place to get them.

--------------------
"The universe works whether or not you understand it" - Frank Zappa

-blitz

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: blitz]
    #711089 - 06/29/02 12:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well where to get a PC...if you looked around the room your already in and didnt find any then maybe.......a store! Pretty much every store that sells house appliances, furnature sells them.....how hard can it be for god sake!

Use the grey thing in you skull before posting

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflinePhake_ld
enthusiast
    #711320 - 06/29/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've seen some of the most inexspensive pressure cookers at Kitchen etc. and Mushroom-Madness.

Spore works and Bluethumbs has them also, but not as inexspensive.

OfflineZEPH

Loc: Up
    #712450 - 06/30/02 01:33 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well i belive you can steam stearilize some grain ......iv don this only with contams
and pasturize your other substrate horsedung 25% 75%wheet straw and do cassings:) but if your new i soo Highlly suggest a pressure cooker and do the pf tech first master that first (pasturizing is at 160-175 water temp do not boil this kind of substrate ) kills benifficial bactiria although you need to inoculate that with a good mecellial culture like the pf teck hehe get a cooker

i cant spell im an idiot

OfflineElectricGnome
journeyman

Loc: the Mountains.........
Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: ZEPH]
    #712636 - 06/30/02 05:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

finally bought a pressure cooker lastnight! Didn?t go all out for a 17 or 22 quart one but did get a Presto 6 quart. holds 8 1/2pints!
I?m happy with it. just 39 bucks at wally world.

--------------------
-So, if a duck floats and so does wood then wood must weigh the same as a duck. - Monty Python
.....One way or another....
..........this darknesss has got to give........
-Hunter/Garcia
....there are many who will never evolve in their consciousness and thought....
-Me

OfflineZEPH

Loc: Up
Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: ElectricGnome]
    #714490 - 06/30/02 09:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

damn your 6qt holds 8 jars!! your stylin... my mirror only holds 5 and i paid 68$ i belive maby 58 but its 15 psi recomended

im dumb i cant spell if my lif depennded on it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate