Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions
    #7083301 - 06/23/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This question is directed towards the western lifestyle.

Would you know a Shaman if you met one? Would learning from him be more like humouring him? Is it possible for a Shaman to have a place in western society, and furthormore can (s)he exist in America, lets say. Should a Shaman be defined obejctibley or subjectively?

In a very true way, there is a Shaman in all of us; obviosuly:-) We can all learn from each other and at times blow each others reality apart. But is this still a very real profession, just as a lawyer;-)
Or the the fact that what a Shaman is, is in a way is continually redefined part of what being a Shaman is all about?

Is anyone in this list a Shaman: Maria Sabina, don Juan, Baron Munchausen, timothy leary, bill hicks, ghandhi, yourself...why and why not?

If I met a so called Shaman, I wouldn't humour him, nor question him , as long as he had confidence.

I have Powerful names!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7083320 - 06/23/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'd say Maria Sabina is the only real 'shaman' on that list. Bill Hicks was a prophet tho! :rockon: :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: Sinbad]
    #7083332 - 06/23/07 11:42 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

so what does a Shaman do though? Would I be an ASSHOLE to say with complete confidence I am a Shaman?

Is it a personal definition, or a societal one? Are there any westerners famous or local that would qualify? Shamans do not HAVE to use "drugs" as par of their curriculum.

I have Leelu names!

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7083340 - 06/23/07 11:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Would you know a Shaman if you met one? only if they want you to.
Would learning from him be more like humouring him? depends on what your learning.
Is it possible for a Shaman to have a place in western society, and furthormore can (s)he exist in America, lets say. Should a Shaman be defined obejctibley or subjectively? Well reguardless of what culture its a type of person a persona. when born into western society the usually get so distorted by this society the kill themslesves or lose who they are and dont come around til alot later in life.

In a very true way, there is a Shaman in all of us; obviosuly:-) We can all learn from each other and at times blow each others reality apart. But is this still a very real profession, just as a lawyer;-)
Or the the fact that what a Shaman is, is in a way is continually redefined part of what being a Shaman is all about.

well in a sense its a profession but not really as aristotle said a true job doesnt get paided. when your one you do it cause you have to do it and its your life. everyone one lives in the shamans world cause its not really the shamans world they are just the gardener tending it, people often over look this

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: thedudenj]
    #7083361 - 06/23/07 11:55 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Great answer Thedudenj, how the hell have you been?

Anyone else want to shed more light/darkness on this crap;-)

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7083392 - 06/23/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

theres no such thing as good or evil. right or wrong. just life with pain or with out in chaos. chaos is ever present even when it appears not. its all about where you stand. :grin:

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#7083415 - 06/23/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Are you me? hahahahahaha...

Someone please highjack my thread!

I love loving lovely names!

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7083448 - 06/23/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

btw a medicine man is the mast of illusion for the sake of healing and only healing to bring about life with no pain or lessening pain or even lessoning pain

--------------------

InvisibleRecondicom
Power of four
 User Gallery

#7083478 - 06/23/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Said freedom and knowledge:
The question will be: Who is more powerful The shaman or the Dr?
I know the word Dr. and the games of medicine and money. Shaman rimes with scam, sham, and other unspeakable words coming out of the shadow of humanity (like resign and thieves). Can all the Dr. papers clean-up the deed of the scam or the shame of Dignity? I ask everyone to call me Dr. just because I’m not. Thousands have given me the title and so they humour me. I have many Dr. titles given by the many that said so, knowing I’m not. Let the scum-scaming sum-up their money. I take none. However, the knowledge said that the scum-scaming shaman with the paper/money sells humanity to a soul tan. The system will take care of that. Shaman rimes with vomit and drugs. The shaman rimes and the Dr. does.

--------------------
Wave.
'And for this reason repentance (metanoia) is an elevating means. For he who feels impatience with the circunstances in which he finds himself, devises means of escape.
  Now the chief thing in purification is the will. For then both deeds and words lend a helping hand. But, when the will is absent, the whole purificatory discipline of initiation is...'

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: Recondicom]
    #7083550 - 06/23/07 12:42 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the DR.'s power lies in meaningless death and suffer for capital gain and most are born to do that task but do it cause they can in this society. a shaman is forced into it and its the only choice they have, no matter how many people belive,trust,or anything them they are what they are. a Dr. on the other hand is what they are but its not always a medicine man.

tho nowadays due to all the counter culture theres tons of fake medicine men too that work in the same way western doctors do.

the true way to tell the differance is a true healer cares about the mind, body and soul and the only reason the mind and body is a means to get to the soul.

the fake pretend to care and generally only treats one of the 3 or claims to have treated

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #7084243 - 06/23/07 04:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

My understanding is that a shaman is anyone who willfully enters altered states of conciousness for a specific spiritual or healing purpose.

By this definition shamans exist in all cultures, including the western world.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: Moonshoe]
    #7084273 - 06/23/07 04:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

well the truest deffinition is elder thats the word orgin.

but yeah for the most part they are spiritual healers and as i said they exisit in this culture not all Dr.,Priest,and ect are super capitalist but still.

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#7084590 - 06/23/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think you can learn as much from a "fake" Shaman as you can a real one, one infers the opposite...

I have carrie names!

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7085757 - 06/24/07 01:23 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, but thing is you have to be aware that they are fake or your just playing in their fallacy

--------------------

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions *DELETED* [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7085920 - 06/24/07 02:25 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: No reason.

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: Lakefingers]
    #7086106 - 06/24/07 04:42 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Why should an authentic shaman care a fig about western society? A true shaman would stick to his roots, the place with which he has a special bond.

I would always be wary of a shaman who sells the deepest secrets of his calling.

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

Offlinerubixcubies
porch monkey ferlyfe
Male User Gallery

Loc: ottawa on
Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: shakercee]
    #7086217 - 06/24/07 06:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

shamans= spin doctors

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: Lakefingers]
    #7086508 - 06/24/07 09:24 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Usually a shaman can be picked out from a crowd because they have bad taste
in clothes and look old for their age due to alcohol, cigarette and other
substance abuse. They usually talk idly and neurotically about basic things
that any semi-intelligent person can figure out, but have some distance
to this that any semi-intelligent person does not have. By email you can
recognize them through the spam mail they send you about drum courses that
leave people unsatisfied and just prey on the weak that haven't experienced
anything shamanic on their own such as psychedelics, meditative states or
any other sort of insight where the ego is broken down. Most of this money
goes to alcohol, cigarettes and trips to exotic places where they obtain
herbs for their drum courses. So the problem here is that it because
a profession, a source of income.

Of course, there are some shamans than aren't hacks and could impress
even the picky through their hypnotic deeds. Thankfully I've also met one of these.

so what about the ones that have great taste in clothes just people marvel at it and go wow but would never wear anything like that themselves. tho they use alcohol and tabbacco, once they shave and take a shower look a bit young for their age, but while in disguise look older. people instantly find them way older then they are thru convo. and in convo wether they do alot or little the person is hypnotized, but then for the ritualts he/she does he takes them to a whole nother level of understanding, ussually one those people couldnt even perceive and then understand why they live their lives and why the shaman must live their life the way they do and now just have an appecaition and higher connection.
they also spend most thier money on healing people. they also could be standing right next to you and be able to feel any illness such as if you hurt your like they could just poke you in that spot cause they know with out you telling them.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7086864 - 06/24/07 11:07 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What the fuck is a shaman? :what:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Your reaction to a Shaman in real life+Shamanic Questions [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7087238 - 06/24/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

orginally the tribal elder-the one that tells the stories of the tribe and rememebers back in the day the day of creation due to him being reborn and just having a body some infact are so old they were before creation and when destruction came then recreation they kinda watched it all.
now differnt tribes elders werent as badass, some used plants some healed, some were tyrants. and so forth
differnt culutres have different ways of life and interprating their reality thus differnt traditions.
the best tho are the ones that found the imomrtal medicine and thats how they could be beyond creation and desturction and so damn zeta
or more recently the healer or medicine man

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (06/24/07 01:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order