Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting?
    #7082569 - 06/23/07 03:40 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have a question about actives in the north Florida, south Alabama area. What else occurs here besides Algaric, copes, and cubes? I am looking to hunt somewhere other than cowfields because I want to try new things. I've never ingested anything besides cubes. I've seen tons of copes in the past, but only recently learned they were active "doh!", and I've never really been interested in trying Algaric. In short, what kinds of actives can I find that aren't so dependent on cow or horse crap? And what are some ideal types of places to look for them?

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: joekenorer]
    #7082589 - 06/23/07 03:50 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

algaric? not sure what you mean by that one.

as actives go, Florida gets Copelandia cyanescens, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe tampanensis [once], LK's [or was it GG?] mushroom [don't remember what turnd out with them], Panaeolus subbalteatus, Panaeolus castaneifolius and two or so active Gymmpilus species. those are all i know of.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #7082872 - 06/23/07 08:14 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think he wants edibles?

Chanterelles are probably in season there now, and so are boletes. Look in forest areas with lots of big Oaks. Chanterelles are mychorizzal with Oak.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: shroomydan]
    #7083043 - 06/23/07 09:46 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Algaric?!?:confused:
hes not looking for edibles its clear he wants actives
"s. I've never ingested anything besides cubes. I've seen tons of copes in the past, but only recently learned they were active "doh!", and I've never really been interested in trying Algaric. In short, what kinds of actives can I find that aren't so dependent on cow or horse crap?"

unless your being sarcastic

btw what are Chanterelles like i picked em then when it came to eating em i was just like nah man and threw em out, sometthing i regret

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

Loc: Fuckin Texas
Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: thedudenj]
    #7083056 - 06/23/07 09:51 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

He means an Amanita....come on guys...fly AGARIC.  Thought yall were some myco-dudes...:crazy2:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: Shrum821]
    #7083064 - 06/23/07 09:57 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

> He means an Amanita....come on guys...fly AGARIC. Thought yall were some myco-dudes...

Ah hah, I knew that I would figure out what the mysterious and psychoactive algaric was if I watched this thread long enough. I was afraid to ask.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7083266 - 06/23/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i figured but you can never be too sure with kids these days. and most people dont understand amanita sure they might no what they look like or even where to buy some but to use them... thats where the issuse lays. Everyone things they can just take a shamanic tool and have it work right and if it doesnt then its crap.

these are the same people that would hop into a helicopter and expect to be able to fly it lickity split or think they could program a computer with no knowledge of even basic coding.

thats where the error lies with amanita and kids today

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
    #7083319 - 06/23/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

To answer your question buddy, You can be looking for gymnopilus in the woods. Id really recommend you stick it to the pastures tho cuz thats where all the fun is.

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7083614 - 06/23/07 01:00 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanx for the info, guys.

Geeze, I can't believe only 1 person recognized "algaric", lol. I guess amanita is more common of a name here. (I was starting to question myself when you were all like "whats algaric?!"). I'll start to do some studying on the strains given. Thanx again!

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7083668 - 06/23/07 01:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

algaric isnt a really word man you mean fly agaric. its like going to the super market and saying hey i want some Blacon when you really want bacon.
at first i thought you had some kinda mushroom allergy or something

a Agaric meaning ‘tree-fungus' is most Basidiomycota...

you not very technical there those arnt strains those are genus and species. a strain refers to a specific type of species.
are you the kinda guy that gets a shot gun to kill flys.

this really brings the question of should you really be picking mushrooms, detail is key. im only saying this for your own good so you dont eat a deadly or sickening look alike that isnt even of the same genus. that would suck alot. btw amanita M would be fly agaric. theres alot of deadly amanita out there too that are agarics

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#7083739 - 06/23/07 01:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I thought he was talking about the genus Agaricus. :tongue:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: shroomydan]
    #7083853 - 06/23/07 02:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

and thats what i mean precision is key to mushroom ID he he that rhymed

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #7084061 - 06/23/07 03:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

you mean species, not strains.

keep in mind that while fly agaric is a common name for A. muscaria; agaric in itself refers in general to all giled mushrooms with a developed stipe, and in specific to the order of agaricales, a verry broad range of mushrooms, which emcompasses all the actives and much, much more..

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: canid]
    #7084389 - 06/23/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

thats the point i was making thanks for going into greater detail:grin:

--------------------

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#7084440 - 06/23/07 06:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Its been a long time since high school biology, and I don't intend on ingesting "agaric" anyway. I know P. Cubensis, and thats it. The intention of my question was to LEARN about other psilocybe mushrooms. Jesus, people are always so quick to try and prove someone wrong or make them look dumb. Christ, I'll go ask my questions somewhere else less reputable. At least they aren't starving to look good to everyone else there.

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#7084506 - 06/23/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Everybody wants to look good every where they go. What is this less reputable place of which you speak?

You are having difficulty with mushroom vocabulary, and this is causing the problem. You say you have no intention of eating an "agaric", but any mushroom with gills is an agaric, even Psilocybe cubensis. It's good that you want to learn. I would start with a field guide. The National Audubon Guide to North American Mushrooms is a good one, or just use the search feature to see what other people are finding in your area.

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
    #7084517 - 06/23/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Joekenorer,

Don't sweat the pretentious, condescending comments in here. You're gonna get them. You missed Agaric by ONE letter. Everyone knew what you meant in the context of what you said. Especially the EXPERTS in here. But if you take a close look, the EXPERTS have several grammatical errors in their posts as well.

"Everyone *things* they can just take a shamanic tool and have it work right and if it doesn't then its crap." .. for example.

I have no idea what he is saying because he misspelled "thinks" by ONE letter.

Basically, do the research first yourself. Use this place to get an ID if you have questions. Good luck and happy hunting!!!

P.S. I love everyone

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Re: Extracurricular Mushroom Hunting? [Re: UberDeepName]
    #7084655 - 06/23/07 07:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanx. I don't know why I went off so harsh anyway, I didn't get berated or anything, just corrected. But anyway, yeah. I've read and learned just about everything there is to read and learn about cebensis, except the different genus, species and strains surrounding it. I'm not really interested in learning all that information, I have no aspirations of being a mycologist or even a hobbyist. I just like to take a psilocybe trip once or twice a year, and am having a hard time finding the cubes that I'm so familiar with. So I was hoping to expand my knowledge base enough to become familiar with some other psilos around here, and if that means I have to learn a little more than I want to, then so be it. Its been a number of years since my last trip, and I feel like I need to go to that "place" in my head to sort things out again. I'm starting to feel too normal, and it unnerves me a bit. Once again, thanks for the info, even to those who felt the need to correct me. All information is useful to me.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7085801 - 06/24/07 01:34 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Spore print Orange spores
2spore print White spores 3 spore print purple-brown
4spore print white

spore print white
6 spore print white

think of this as VR training seeing stuff try to ID a pop quiz or some shit

Edited by thedudenj (06/24/07 09:41 AM)

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#7085873 - 06/24/07 01:56 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Are those all types of amanita? I only recognize the bottom two which, I assume, are muscaria. I know little more than that. What are the others?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains