Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Kitty is sick
    #707727 - 06/28/02 10:36 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Poor little guy has one watery eye nearly closed and is sneezing all day long. Will take him to the vet later.

Was just wondering if it's possible that got infected from some of my moldy jars. He frequently sleeps near where they are incubating in a cardboard box. Though the jars are sealed, I still wonder if he got a good dose...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (06/28/02 10:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: Kitty is sick [Re: Swami]
    #708078 - 06/28/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Possible...sure...

Likely... I would say no.

It's most likely just a upper respiratory infection. Pretty common in cats but you definitely should make sure to take him to the vet to check it out. It could also just be plain ordinary allergies. Cats get them too you know. It could be a number of things but most likely it has nothing to do with jar contamination.

It is possible kitty could get sick from the jars. Not very likely but it is possible. I would imagine only if you have a VERY out of control contamination problem.

The bigger possibility is that your jars are gonna get sick from kitty. I have tons of pets so I know this all to well. Pets are a huge problem when it comes to causing contamination. All the fur and dirt they carry around all over the place with them. No matter how clean your pets are they aren't clean enough to not infect your jars.

Think of all the stuff you do to make sure that you keep your area clean so your jars don't get contaminated. One jump on top of your incubator and kitty has gotten who knows what all over your grow space.

Karen

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: Kitty is sick [Re: Karen]
    #709638 - 06/28/02 09:03 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I just realized that post sounded like i dont like pets very much and that is about the farthest thing from the truth. I have to fight myself all the time to not adopt every stray animal I come across.

I wish your kitty well but like I said it is probably no big deal.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
Re: Kitty is sick [Re: Swami]
    #709961 - 06/28/02 11:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Poor kitty. I hope he/she gets better.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies