Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Cooler pasteurization questions
    #7077087 - 06/21/07 10:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just pastuerized some coir and coffee in a ice cooler, first I heated 1 gallon of purified water to a boil and poured it into the cooler, my thermometer read around 150F for around 40 minutes and then began to cool a bit, at this point I poured in a gallon of tap water that I had boiled to what seemed to be a hotter temp. my thermometer read around 155F for an hour or so, when it began to cool slowly. I left after this, but I'm assuming temps stayed above 140F for a good while after I did.

I have a few questions...

1. Is it ok to use tap water to pastuerize or should I do it again with purified water.

2. Is there a difference between purified water and distilled water, as far as using them in LCs and such goes?

3. How long can I leave the stuff in the cooler without opening or draining it before I use it? What is the typical procedure used to do this? move to sterile room and open, or just kinda do it non-chalantly, I'm assuming I need to be somewhat clean since it's not colonized, yet I've never pasteurized my own bulk before.

thanks everyone

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Cooler pasteurization questions [Re: headieherbs]
    #7077103 - 06/21/07 10:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

1. Yes, you can use tap water.

2. Distilled water is made by evaporation, purified water is made with filters. Either will work well for LC's

3. Over night is good, just wait till you need it (7-14 days being the max)

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Cooler pasteurization questions [Re: headieherbs]
    #7077110 - 06/21/07 10:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

1. Is it ok to use tap water to pastuerize or should I do it again with purified water.

tap water is fine unless you live in a 3rd world country lol

2. Is there a difference between purified water and distilled water, as far as using them in LCs and such goes?

i havent seen any diff have tried both numerous times too

3. How long can I leave the stuff in the cooler without opening or draining it before I use it? What is the typical procedure used to do this? move to sterile room and open, or just kinda do it non-chalantly, I'm assuming I need to be somewhat clean since it's not colonized, yet I've never pasteurized my own bulk before.

yea pretty much what i do is after the hour and a half or so for pasturization i take it out wring it out so i get about the correct moisture content,let cool,then spawn the following morning.

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds