Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: spacelord]
    #7077463 - 06/21/07 09:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

spacelord said:
monetary matters are essential to us.

You'd be better off doing some volantary conservation work than dreaming of starting a nature party!!...

I think monetary matters are essential to our 'state' not us. I don't know about you but I can farm some food to keep me goin and trade it for whatever necessity catches my needs.

Now of course, this internet might not be here... but man what's a planet that's trees and wildlife are being stripped away for the sake of building a "dream fucking home". If everyone adheres to this silly standard of living then hey maybe a major extinction is called for?? Call me crazy, but I know I'm the only one who thinks like this.

We've, to an extent, conquered diseases, which do .. umm OH YEAH KEEP BALANCE!! DING DING DING, HEY BALANCE IS THE SECRET WORD!!

throw all your desires away

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: Twister]
    #7077474 - 06/21/07 09:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Twister said:
We can't think like an inanimate object. 

Just like every other species we will go extinct sooner or later.  I could care less when it happens, but I know it will.  With the rate of population increase it will likely be sooner rather than later, as we've already artificially increased the carrying capacity of Earth to completely unsustainable levels.  A population crash is inevitable. 100000 years(miniscule with regards to geologic time) after this crash our impact on Earth will be hardly noticable.

:smile:  i've yet to come across someone who comes to accept this.    I just preach harmony.  I just worked up about it sometimes.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7077499 - 06/21/07 09:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Twister said:
Quote:

Drewwyann said:
doing conservation work, and keeping a nature friendly lifestyle is really all we can do nowadays to help with the earth. its pretty screwed and how humans are, most of them wont care if its bad for the earth if it saves them money, so just do as much as you can as an individual to help out.

Earth doesn't need your help, or anyone else's.

I wouldn't mind keepin' those money grubbin timber companies away.

There's alternative ways that would be better and more efficient, like growing bamboo, which takes 2 months to reach a height of 7', grows anywhere. Just need to generate the interest and make this happen.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Edited by Cracka_X (06/21/07 10:32 PM)

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: Leanin]
    #7077619 - 06/21/07 10:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Leanin said:
most the people that say this no nothing about anything. the president cant do much on his own.

bitching about gas prices? well bush wanted to drill in alaska and open up rigs in the gulf....but democrats voted it down.....and guess what? ITS BUSH'S FAULT GAS PRICES ARE HIGH NOW.

No your wrong, Drilling in Alaska wouldnt dent gas prices 2 cents, gas is a supply and demand based industry, haha Oil rigs in the gulf? take a look south of new orleans with google earth and see how many oil rigs their are.

Because Bush sideshowed Iraq, a nation that produces millions of barrels of oil a day have its oil delivery capacity cut to shit, it affects the world market, You think Iraqi's that we "liberated" have cheap gas? Gas is so expensive their that thieving oil and refining it yourself has become a mini-economy that finances the very people fighting our troops.

How can I trust a president, the republican party, the democrats, and the entire justice system when its so completely inept and filled with beauracratic pencil pushers who never solve real problems.

America will reap the 8 years that Bush has sewn, mark my words.
Thats reason enough to have a bunch of prole's hate him, im glad to see more ignorant and blind people dislike him, because so far ignorant and blind people put him in office for 4 more years, the same idiots who hate him now.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: Cracka_X]
    #7077636 - 06/21/07 10:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You preach harmony, yet have no idea what you're talking about. Every time I come into the pub I feel like I'm teaching some "special" kids.

I'm out.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #7077642 - 06/21/07 10:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the ignorant and blind people who dislike him won;t vote in 2008, so it's not like what they think actually matters.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7077679 - 06/21/07 10:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

If you can't do the math then get out of the equation

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: Redstorm]
    #7077683 - 06/21/07 10:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
the ignorant and blind people who dislike him won;t vote in 2008, so it's not like what they think actually matters.

yea, excuse my fatalism.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #7077832 - 06/21/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hating anyone because it's cool to do is simply stupid. Sadly, not everyone who has an opinion has sense enough to validate that opinion on their own.

Ultimately, noone here or much of anywhere has a view of the whole picture. There's simply too much going on. You just have what's important to you and wht you think will impact your own life and community.

Personaly, I would like a better foreign affair policy and a higher GDP without inflation. Lower unmployment and fewer well-fare dependant citizens. And I want all of these things without giving up any personal freedoms. If Bush can't improve on any of these issues then yeah, Fuck Bush!

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

#7077889 - 06/21/07 11:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:
If you can't do the math then get out of the equation

The short bus is calling.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7077896 - 06/21/07 11:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The "Hey I can't convey my thoughts clearly enough so I'm gonna walk away" bus is calling.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #7077925 - 06/21/07 11:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

While I agree with parts of your first post, but overall what say is unintelligent, hypocritical, and mostly lame.

Of all the dumb shits on this site, I believe you put the icing on the fucking cake.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

#7077959 - 06/21/07 11:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:
I wouldn't mind keepin' those money grubbin timber companies away.

There's alternative ways that would be better and more efficient, like growing bamboo, which takes 2 months to reach a height of 7', grows anywhere. Just need to generate the interest and make this happen.

So you'd rather have money grubbing bamboo companies.

And what would growing bamboo solve? In actuality it would be worse. The nutrient stores in the soil would be depleted at an accelerated rate and soon you'd have land unsuitable for most plant growth(especially commercial) without fertilization, which requires, you guessed it, large inputs of fossil fuels.

It would also be an ecological disaster because it would be a monoculture just like farm fields, which are biological wastelands. Timber harvest occurs in a most areas usually every 50-100 years. In that time clear cuts can return to nearly "natural" conditions. It would likely still largely be a canopy monoculture, but the forest floor will exhibit increased species diversity. Iincreased habitat diversity and sturcture makes these areas capable of supporting an increased number of species.

If you harvested once a year you would have an ecological breakdown. Even in monoculture timber plantations in the south that are only harvested every 35 -50 years or so, and are extinsively managed, you see very little biological diversity. Sure, clear cuts of large tracts of forest aren't pretty, but they more closely resemble natural disturbances regimes than does any system of intensive agriculture.

So, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Read an ecology book and get back to me.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #7078006 - 06/22/07 12:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I personally don't like bush that much either. And it is very annoying how all of these people hate him just because its cool to hate him. I don't like him, but I honestly rather have him then the others who ran for president at the time. Just like that south park episode...where the candidates for the school mascot was a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Satire at its best.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: aDoS]
    #7078067 - 06/22/07 12:25 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I would really like to meet one person that hates Bush simply because its cool. Everyone has their reason even if its as simple as "We shouldn't be in Iraq" with no other justification.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #7078072 - 06/22/07 12:26 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:yesnod: I love the threads devoted to how much the hate others that hate others. :lol:

This thread is a joke.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #7078080 - 06/22/07 12:30 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah it is, but so is nearly all of the Pub. I don't know why I even leave OTD.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7078172 - 06/22/07 01:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:smile:

First off, bamboo is already being used.  There's companies using bamboo for paper instead of trees.  Who knows maybe we can use bamboo as a substitute for all the cardboard boxes we seem to use, drywall, and whatnot..

Second, planting bamboo, we could utilize the land that we've already clear cut, spend less money maintaining, and crop probably exponentially more than with trees.  In turn, this would be very cost-effective.

I don't know what you think is so natural about clear cutting.  It's not a forest fire.  Have you ever heard of the landslides in Oregon due to clear cutting on the mountains?  More diversity?  YOU FUCKING DESTROY A COMMUNITY WITHIN AN ECOSYSTEM!  These trees are planted in a straight fucking line and what, we get rid of the brush to inhibit a flash fire?  sure if we have this investment we need to 'control' it.  With bamboo, we'd be in and out with our crop in no time.  utilize different parts of the land. let land rest and lay fallow.  bamboo is the way to go.  The chinese got by on it, why can't we make use of it? seriously.

--As for fertilizer, from my knowledge, we get a lot of our fertilizer from sanitation centers from where? that's right, your fecal output! And cows, i still don't understand your fossil fuel fertilizer argument.

Fossil fuels... well, my friend, we can only get so smart about how we use our fuel, whether it's for our bodies or machinery.  I propose abolishing widespread medicine and Voting YES for Natural Selection.  Might as well stop beating around the bush and delaying the inevitable.

all in all VOTE YES FOR NATURAL SELECTION

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

InvisibleInsolentPrude
dark-helmetedknight

Folding@home Statistics
    #7078184 - 06/22/07 01:12 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

spacelord said:
...when they obviosly know fuck all about him or politics in general...

irony is, Bush doesn't know anything about that either :wink:

:gethigh::thumbup:

--------------------
"You know what they say: if God had been a Liberal, we wouldn't have had the ten commandments. We'd have had the ten suggestions."

InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Returning Video Tapes
Re: I hate the ignorant Bush bashers!! [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #7078238 - 06/22/07 01:46 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

xaxphaanes said:
so what was bush supposed to do let the buildings fall and have no action? fuck that then it would just happen alot more,so what if we are killing innocent people this is war not play time,(there are no rules to war)

Hmm how about this... We actually go after the people who did this instead of starting a war in a country that had nothing to do with it what so ever? How about we rage war on those who are hiding Osama? Which I don't believe we are actually even looking for him. This war was for George Bush Sr. and all his corporate owning war buddies. I don't care what you say. The war in Iraq has nothing to do with the events on 9/11.

Here is a little art work I made, that pretty much explains how I feel about this country and its current state.

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

Edited by TrippinTeddy (06/22/07 01:52 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds