Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebandog
Stranger

Trich ... deal or no deal?
    #7068850 - 06/20/07 07:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've just discovered trich growing in 13 pint jars of WBS inoculated with B+.
This is the first time I've ever had colonizing jars grow contaminants :frown:
Obviously, I'll throw the contents away - BUT - all info concerning Trich that I read on this forum and others is quite contradictory.
I need a definitive answer to the Trich questions below:
1. Do I need to throw out the jars along with the infected substrate?
2. If not - how do I make sure all mold has been removed?
3. After reading several horror stories ... is my entire home "infected" now?

--------------------
Come in to my parlour, said the spider to the fly ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Trich ... deal or no deal? [Re: bandog]
    #7068985 - 06/20/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't fuck around, jars are like $8 at wal mart. There is a memorable thread buried deep in here about someone getting VERY sick from opening moldy jars.

There isn't any reason to believe your home is infected any more than it was before, I'm pretty sure everyone gets a little mold sometimes. Just toss the mold, and the jars containing it to be on the safe side.

Hopefully we'll hear from some of the experts now...

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Invisiblebandog
Stranger

Re: Trich ... deal or no deal? [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #7069048 - 06/20/07 09:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Reo, and ya - I read that thread

--------------------

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trich ... deal or no deal? [Re: bandog]
    #7071008 - 06/20/07 06:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

assuming we're talking some "patches" of contamination and not a big jar full of mold (which is probably best to throw out) you can save them if you really want... but is a little tedious to do properly, so you can decide if its worth your time

run them through a sterilization process again BEFORE you open them. PC or even boiling/steaming for an hour is sufficient. this will effectively kill whatever is in there. still be cautious when opening them, open away from your face or better yet cover your face with a handkerchief or mask... dead spores won't pose a risk to growing more mold obviously but they're still a fine dust that you don't want to breathe in... enough of them can cause some respiratory irritation.

after that regular old dish soap & water or run through the dishwasher, good as new.

Invisiblebandog
Stranger

Re: Trich ... deal or no deal? [Re: creamcorn]
    #7074174 - 06/21/07 08:43 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Creamcorn :smile:

The jars are overrun with mold ... I'm just wondering if it's okay to empty them then sterilize the jars and lids for future use.

I'm assuming that if I empty them, this should be done outside and with something to cover my nose and mouth?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract