Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #7067919 - 06/19/07 11:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I find it encouraging that, as trashy as most TV is, there are several shows featuring gay couples primarily as couples, as in focusing on their relationship rather than their sexual orientation.

It seems that this aspect gets lost in all the back-and-forth about gay marriage, gay adoption, etc...that there are people who truly love each other, who have to hide their relationship in order to avoid becoming targets of irrational hatred.  To me, this is much worse than the legal discrimination.  :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: Veritas]
    #7067935 - 06/19/07 11:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

At least T.V. will get the message to the idiot masses who would rather watch T.V. shows than pay attention to the real world.They keep introducing gay characters where you least expect it,thereby getting the message out that this is an issue that can not be hushed anymore.

Anyone else notice that the guy that started this good thread made one quote,then a statement and nothing else? Cheers to him anyway! :cool:

--------------------

Edited by tyrannicalrex (06/19/07 11:27 PM)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: Cowgold]
    #7069536 - 06/20/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Speaking from first hand experience?  :haha:

I thought they were heavily based on weiners.  But, since you're the expert...  :wink:

you just made a joke about me!

...I like that

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: ManianFH]
    #7069676 - 06/20/07 12:51 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

well I disagree with it but for arguments sake lets throw in the part in the constitution that used to say African Americans only counted as 1/5th of a person....

Im not sure where it belongs in this debate but it seems fitting.

the constitution is a good thing, People want to change it for political gain. do you think its wrong to change it? what if it benefited people? idk.

--------------------

OfflineIron_Hymen
Shake Hands withBeef
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mass-of-two-shits
Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: Hakim0777]
    #7069764 - 06/20/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I SAY WE LEGALIZE our friend mary tumbleweed !

--------------------

#1 reason organized religion should be done away with. It's a message, and one that is open to speculation.
"Pray your own prayers and talk to God on your own.He doesn't want a fucking parrot, and he doesn't want a sheep"

GnuBobo:Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.
Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: Iron_Hymen]
    #7069946 - 06/20/07 01:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Right along with male to Male,and female to female marriage.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: Asante]
    #7072294 - 06/20/07 10:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
D33p!

Dude it's been ages! You didn't do time I hope?
How are you?

Naw, no jail time. I've just been up at university and decided to take a break from the shroomery.

I've been better actually. My parents are finally getting divorced and the only thing they can still manage to do together is gang up on me. I'm also having trouble paying for school and on top of that prideFC is being dissolved. Other than that.... life is peachy, I guess. I did have an amazing time at a friends birthday party last night, drank to much beer though.

How've you been?

Quote:

Nah thats really old stuff from back in the day that being gay was referred to as homophile. Dominant mothers, distant fathers, that has its roots in the first half of the 20th century, if not earlier. Didn't Freud toy with similar ideas?

Most of the gays I've discussed it with can trace their gayness back to way before they became sexual. For gay boys other boys always were that bit more special than girls, and the same I heard from lesbians. Also that parents had their suspicions at an early age.

Like it or not, you're as hardwired to be gay or straight as birds are hardwired to fly south when autumn comes. If it was solely nurture, not nature, then most gays would be straight because they grew up in exclusively straight surroundings.

Dozens of animal species have homosexuality among them too. At this stage of evolution it comes with the territory, whether you are a human, a seagull, a goat or what have you.

I believe it has evolutionary benefit to the species, or so many so different species wouldn't have it.

One can say "but everyone needs to procreate!" but this is incorrect. Look at bees. Most bees in the hive live to be productive and don't procreate ever. (worker bees and most drones) In a hive of 50.000 bees, only the queen and a drone procreate. Ants - same story. Life's a bit more complex than eat, sleep and fuck :smile:

Of course, now I can't find the study. I know the reasoning behind the study isn't new but I thought the study was.

I call bullshit on what I bolded. The jury is still out. And how can you honestly believe the second sentence you wrote.

Also one thing that I've always been curious about is the cause of the reportedly high amounts of pedastry and homosexuality in certain cultures. Personally I think that if homosexually was completely accepted and thought of as the same as heterosexuality then there would be a significantly higher incidence of homosexual behavior.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: d33p]
    #7072463 - 06/20/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

And you say that as if it is a problem? Look at the old Greek and Roman times,they just pretty much did not make an issue of it.Some were exalted members of society,some were kings,etc...We have to just except it,as it is not EVER going away.

It is not a disease or mental disorder.Give the studies on the pederasts/homosexual connection,that is just some nutjobs own agenda publishing those things.I guess until you have met a seemingly normal male or female that you did not even question their sexuality(straight acting and looking,but still comfortable enough to come out to most people)you will not beleive that it is normal for them.They are there,the media just pushes the "flambouyant"people.

If you are secure enough,go to a gay bar,a neighborhood one would be best as the clubby clubs attract the cruising crowd(as straight bars do as well),and talk to the older people about the pain and suffering caused by ignorance and intolerance.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7072519 - 06/20/07 11:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think sexuality is all nature or all nurture. I think it's more complex than that. I think certain people probably have biological predispositions which make them more likely to become gay, but need the right environmental stimulus to become gay. The predisposition may be strong enough in some people that they don't need any environmental stimulus, while in others, it may be weak enough that they have all the environmental stimuli and still don't turn out to be gay.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #7072614 - 06/20/07 11:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
And you say that as if it is a problem? Look at the old Greek and Roman times,they just pretty much did not make an issue of it.Some were exalted members of society,some were kings,etc...We have to just except it,as it is not EVER going away.

It is not a disease or mental disorder.Give the studies on the pederasts/homosexual connection,that is just some nutjobs own agenda publishing those things.I guess until you have met a seemingly normal male or female that you did not even question their sexuality(straight acting and looking,but still comfortable enough to come out to most people)you will not beleive that it is normal for them.They are there,the media just pushes the "flambouyant"people.

If you are secure enough,go to a gay bar,a neighborhood one would be best as the clubby clubs attract the cruising crowd(as straight bars do as well),and talk to the older people about the pain and suffering caused by ignorance and intolerance.

I live in Miami, have two good gay friends, and know a bunch more. Spare me.

And I'm not saying that world would be "bad" but I don't know.... It would be messed up.... its just a queer situation.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: I find it hard to believe [Re: d33p]
    #7072652 - 06/20/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You seem pretty cool,I just don't think it should be as much of an issue as it is,I wasn't yelling just conversing here,hell I'm relaxed all the time in here.I just see some pretty fucked up opinions in here sometimes,I'm just glad this is finally discussed in an intellectually fulfilling way this time.Check some old posts if interested.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order