Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: jesusvsbuddha]
    #7074149 - 06/21/07 08:32 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

No I'm not in, and I don't like your attitude. Furthermore, I suspect your project is a pipe dream. Not too many college drop outs I know have the resources to pull off what you are talking about. You never did mention your funding. Cross country trips ain't cheep you know. I dropped out of college a few years ago when I figured out what it was all about too. Then I realized that working for stupid people sucks, so I went back.

Anyway, there is a gathering forum on this site for arranging offline meetings. You have to be here for a while to post there, for the security of our members. This kind of post belongs in the gathering forum.

If the mods want to give you special consideration because you have a unique story, that is up to them. However, to do so would be a breach of the rules designed to protect this community. If you want to meet people from this community in real life you should hang around for a while and do it through the gathering forum like everybody else.

Have a nice day n00b.
And welcome to the shroomery. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: shroomydan]
    #7074740 - 06/21/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
No I'm not in, and I don't like your attitude. Furthermore, I suspect your project is a pipe dream. Not too many college drop outs I know have the resources to pull off what you are talking about. You never did mention your funding. Cross country trips ain't cheep you know. I dropped out of college a few years ago when I figured out what it was all about too. Then I realized that working for stupid people sucks, so I went back.

Anyway, there is a gathering forum on this site for arranging offline meetings. You have to be here for a while to post there, for the security of our members. This kind of post belongs in the gathering forum.

If the mods want to give you special consideration because you have a unique story, that is up to them. However, to do so would be a breach of the rules designed to protect this community. If you want to meet people from this community in real life you should hang around for a while and do it through the gathering forum like everybody else.

Have a nice day n00b.
And welcome to the shroomery. :wink:

I agree with everything in this post. I dont think its a pipe dream, just a plain figmentation. If this were serious, there would be much better ways to going about it.

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Fellow Pioneerof the Mind
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #7074985 - 06/21/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

shroomydan, what exactly about my attitude don't you like? that i'm actually trying to do something? i don't know, dude. i never figured i'd run into such skepticism on the shroomery. furthermore, i'm using this post as a means to contact people, then DISCUSS meeting maybe through emails or some other form of communication. if you've got hang ups with trust, that's not my problem, and this obviously isn't for you.

as for my funds- friends and i worked our asses off to save up for this. that may sound like a pipe dream to you, but to us, it's an opportunity we've earned through hard work.

and thanks for the warm welcome. be cool, stay in school.

--------------------
"I'm glad mushrooms are illegal. You know what happened when I took them? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, 'My God...I love...EVERYthing!' Now if that isn't a hazard to this country..."
-Bill Hicks

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #7075170 - 06/21/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

dans just being cautious. the way we get to know each other is by seeing each others posts. it gives you an idea on what a person is like. With new people its hard to tell and alot of people are going to be cautious especialy when you talk about meeting people.

main reason why i suggested meeting in a public place. but also cause i cant think of a better place to conduct an interview on psycedelics than in a hooka bar/head shop in the Haight Ashbury.

stick around post more let people get to know you a bit and i think youll find all the people you need to interview.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Male
Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: sui]
    #7075233 - 06/21/07 01:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yeah...i kind of figured he was just being cautious. and that's the main part of the reason i'm making this film. people are SO fucking scared...and for what? we aren't doing anything wrong here. anyway, shroomydan seems like he means well being cautious and everything, but he doesn't have to insult me or the project. i don't know. thanks for the reassurance though. talk to you soon, man.

--------------------
"I'm glad mushrooms are illegal. You know what happened when I took them? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, 'My God...I love...EVERYthing!' Now if that isn't a hazard to this country..."
-Bill Hicks

InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

#7075358 - 06/21/07 01:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

word up, let chicago IL know whenever u around here.
hav a myspace or somethin?
peace.

--------------------
:megapsycrankey:

InvisibleMrKite1
Cosmo

Loc: AK
    #7075393 - 06/21/07 01:52 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

We may not be doing anything wrong but people here absolutely participate in things that are illegal. Their paranoia is quite justified as freedom is a valuable thing. Sadly though one can lose their freedom just for exercising or sometimes espousing what should be basic rights of responsible adults.
Welcome to the realities of faux freedom.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

OfflineRadelBaluvar
PharaohApprentice
 User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland
    #7075405 - 06/21/07 01:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I am an old man. For 63 years trapped in my present body. I am a very proud grandfather and I am a retired free lance cameraman.... and I do shrooms.

I think, if someone takes pictures from someone - makes interviews and stuff like this - then, the maker of the film takes something from each person he interviews. Right?

The film-crew TAKES many pictures.

The Eternal Shroom said to me: Rad el Baluvar, if you take something - you must give something back.

You, the director of this planed film gets - maybe - the awards (LOL) - for "your" video-production. Perhaps you can even sell the documentary. The fundamental question arises: What do YOU GIVE BACK to those who expose them self in YOUR movie?

And finally: Who wants to work with someone, who uses the word FUCK all the time. That gives me the impression that you are a rather primitive person with a very low-spirit status.

The Eternal Shroom asks for a clean spirit.

--------------------

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ShroomCity
http://audiostreet.net/radelbaluvar
Shrooms Rock and so does Pinky.

Edited by RadelBaluvar (06/21/07 02:00 PM)

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Male
Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: RadelBaluvar]
    #7075462 - 06/21/07 02:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i apologize for the foul language, sir. i got riled up when certain people questioned my intentions. if you believe that we are doing this for the "awards", then think again. there will be no "stars" created or "directors" taking all the credit. this project will belong to everybody who has a hand in it. we're doing this to HOPEFULLY open people's eyes, and it will have to be a group effort. everybody who "gives" anything to this film will only "get" back what other people (those who need it most) take from it upon viewing the finished product. this is NOT about who is getting credit for what. this is about people coming together, and i think we must leave our egos at the door.
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T BELIEVE THIS IS GENUINE...I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN TYPE IN THESE POSTS TO GAIN YOUR TRUST. IF IT'S NOT THERE TO BEGIN WITH, THEN IT PROBABLY WILL NEVER BE.
and yes i am primitive. we ALL are, or else we would not be here, and we would not need to eat mushrooms.

--------------------
-Bill Hicks

OfflineRadelBaluvar
PharaohApprentice
 User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland
    #7075496 - 06/21/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Blah.. blah.. blah... show us a film YOU did.

--------------------

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ShroomCity
http://audiostreet.net/radelbaluvar
Shrooms Rock and so does Pinky.

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: RadelBaluvar]
    #7091316 - 06/25/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Im in Saskatoon SK.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Male
Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: F1234K]
    #7097202 - 06/26/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Cool, man. There's a few things going on in Canada for us so I'm sure we'll be headed your way.

--------------------
-Bill Hicks

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#7097281 - 06/27/07 12:06 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think you might be trolling for prey.

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

#7097417 - 06/27/07 12:49 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sweet let me know when your in town. I can talk about how its helped me sort out lots of situations and how the next day (may be generic) but it really makes you a fresh person and you feel like you have let lots of bad engery out and gained much more clear view on life.

PS I can probably give you food and a place to stay if you do come through.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

Edited by F1234K (06/27/07 01:01 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #7180741 - 07/15/07 08:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Regarding your film of interviews of which you speak. Hundreds of such videos already exist and have since the first conference on drugs in San Francisco, California. I alone have participated in over 50 such films and lectures. I see no need to further those lectures and panels on drugs as every time there is a conference or symposium or drug workshop, all lectures are recorded and offered for sale through various media outlets..

Here is a list of such symposiums and they only touch a small amount of them. All have been recorded for use and are available on tape and cd and dvd at most major Universities in their libraries for public viewing or listening in the USA and Europe.

These conferences run per person at $150.00 per person for three or four days to $1600.00 for four or five days in A foreign country. Airfare is separate and sometimes so are hotels. Others sometimes offer free room and board. Most members at the Shroomery cannot really afford to go to these symposiums.

My friend Don Hemmis who wrote Mushrooms of Hawaii is fromthe U of Hawaii at Hilo. He 'actually got a grant for 27 of his students to attend one of Paul Stamets Mushroom Growing workshops at $500.00 per person, and they had funds to pay for their hotels and foods on top of the cost of Paul's classes.

An example of the lectures at the Annual
Breitenbush 2000 Mushroom Conference

Thursday

6:00-7:00 DINNER

7:30-8:15 Welcome and Orientation Faculty Introductions

8:30-9:45 Slideshow Jim Berlstein “An idiot for every mushroom: Unwise mycophagy and other stories”

10:00-11:15 Slideshow Paul Kroeger “The Biology of hot springs”

Friday

8:00-9:00 BREAKFAST

9:30-10:45 Mushroom Cookery Demonstration Patrice Benson

11:00-12:15 Slideshow Jim Trappe “Something about Something”

1:00-2:00 LUNCH

2:30-3:45 Slideshow John Allen “Mushrooms and Art in History”

4:00-5:15 Slideshow James Arthur “Amanita Muscaria One”

4:30- 6:00 Cultivation Workshop with Ed Foy

6:00-7:30 DINNER

7:30-8:45 Slideshow Bryce Kendrick “Something”

9:00-10:15 Slideshow Taylor Lockwood “Pictures of Something”

Saturday

9:30-10:45 Slideshow Bryce Kendrick “Something Else”

11:00-12:15 Slideshow Paul Kroeger “Hallucinogenic Mushrooms”

2:30-3:45 Slideshow James Arthur “Amanita Muscaria Two”

4:00-5:15 Slideshow John Allen “psilocybes”

4:30-6:00 Cultivation workshop with Ed Foy

6:00-7:00 DINNER

7:15-8:15 Slideshow Jim Trappe “Something else About Something else”

8:30-9:30 Slideshow Taylor Lockwood “Other Pictures”

9:30-11:00 Mushroom Tasting with Patrice Benson

Sunday

9:30-10:45 Jim Berlstein “East vs. West”

2:00-4:00 Hit the road Jack

29 conferences, some of even which I lectured at and served on panels of discussion. All of these have been recorded and are available on both casette tape and dvd versions.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well I dug through my files and found flyers and advertisements for dozens of various psychoactive and mushroomic Conferences presented since 1967. I have compiled these for viewing and they list the cost, room and board included at some of these seminars and symposiums, and I listed the speakers who presented at these conferences.

1. The first conference on entheogenic healing plants and drugs took place in San Francisco in 1967 and was known as “An Ethnopharmacological Search for Psychoactive Drugs.} Among the presenters at that conference were R. Gordon Wasson, Richard Evans Schultes, Andrew Weil, Carlos Castaneda and Alexander Shulgin among others.

2. The next conference was the First International Conference on hallucinogenic Mushrooms which took place at Millersylvania State Park in Washington in October, 1976 and included the following speakers: Jeremy Bigwood, Lynn R, Brady, W. Scott Chilton, Gastón Guzmán, Dale T. Leslie, Stephen H. Pollock, David B. Repke, Paul Stamets and R. Gordon Wasson. This was $125.00 per person, outdoor camping and meals.

3. The 2nd International Conference on Hallucinogenic Mushrooms, Ft. Wordon, Port Townsend Washington from October 27-30, 1977 (extracts published in Teonanacatl: Hallucinogenic Mushrooms of North America, Ott and Bigwood, 1978). Among the speakers here were: Jeremy Bigwood, Scott Chilton, Gastón Guzmán, David Harnden, Albert Hofmann, Dale T. Leslie, Jonathan Ott, David B. Repke, Richard Rose, Carl A. P. Ruck, Richard Evans Schultes, R. Gordon Wasson, Andrew T. Weil and Norman Zinsburg. Room and board at the military post were included.

4. A Mushroom Identification Workshop was held between October 14-15, 1978 at Shinn Lodge of the YMCA’s Camp Dudley, near Clear Lake, Washington. Cost was $25.00 per person and included bunk beds and a pot luck meal. This workshop was especially designed for amateur mycologists interested in further perfecting mushroom identification skills. Limited to 50 people.

5. Then came the Conference on Hallucinogens and Shamanism in Native American Life. This was held in October-November of 1978 at the Japan Trade Center In beautiful San Francisco. Tickets for this happening were $125.00. Speakers included: Jeremy Bigwood, Scott Chilton, José Luis Díaz, Stanislav Grof, David Harnden, Albert Hofmann, Bo Homstedt, Reid Kaplan, Keewaydinoquay (K. M. Paschel), Weston LaBarre, Timothy Plowman, Carl A. P. Ruck, Richard Evans Schultes, Alexander Shulgin, R. Gordon Wasson, Andrew T. Weil and Norman Zinsburg. And much of these proceedings were later published in the Journal of Psychedelic Drugs vol. 11(1-2), 1979. Meals were included but hotel accommodations were separate.

6. Mushrooms 1. November 2-4, 1979. This workshop was held along the Oregon coast, cost was $90.00 per person and room and board. This conference was in honor of Dr. Gaston Guzman who had just completed his long awaited monograph on the genus Psilocybe, although the book did not appear in print until 1983. Speakers included: Gasón Guzmán, Daniel Stuntz, Andrew Weil, Michael Beug, Steven H. Pollock, Catherine Scates, Jeremy Bigwood, Scott Jeffreys, James Q. Jacobs, Dale T. Leslie, Gary P. Menser, Freeman Rowe, and Paul Stamets.

7. Now the conferences became part of Myco Media and the first one of those was Mushrooms II held on Orcas Island in the Straits of Juan de Fuca in the San Juan Islands at Camp Orkila between October 31-November 2, 1980. Here one camped out in open door cabins usually attended by Girl Scouts. This particular conference was expressly designed for those interested in developing their identification skills and furthering their understanding of the taxonomy, chemistry, cultivation and ecology of mushrooms. Emphasis is placed on the delineation of edible, poisonous and psychoactive species. By now the cost was up to $100.00 dollars with room and board. Speakers included: Alexander H. Smith, Daniel Stuntz, Gastón Guzmán, Michael Beug, William C. Denison, Claude Fordyce, James M. Trappe, Joseph Ammirati, Emanuel Salzman, Andrew T. Weil, Stephen H. Pollock, Catherine Scates, Dale T. Leslie and Paul Stamets.

8. Mushrooms III, again held on Orcas Island at the same girl Scout Camp. This time from October 30-November 2, 1980. Again a $100.00 fee and room and board included. This conference held the theme of the one the year before and included the following speakers, many who came back from the previous year to add new info to their research: Daniel Stuntz, Michael Beug, William C. Dennison, Ralph Kurtzman, Rick Kerrigan, Gary Lincoff, Andrew T. Weil, Catherine Scates, Michael Foley, Dale T. Leslie, Paul E. Stamets, James Q. Jacobs and Jeffrey S. Chilton.

9. Wild Mushrooms Telluride. This is an annual mushroom show and workshop in Colorado. This one was held on August 27-30, 1981. Included were the workshops and seminars and camping with meals, an all outdoorsy atmosphere in Telluride, an historic Colorado ghost town on the western slopes of the Rocky Mountain Continental Divide. The cost here for camping out in the cold was $125.00 per person, meals included. This is generally a very straight atmosphere with many straight shroomers. But in the last five years has lightened up on the topics. Speakers included in this 1981 gathering included: Rolf Singer, Bob and Jennifer Harris, Gary Lincoff, Paul Stamets, Andrew Weil and Emanuel Salzman.

10. Mushrooms IV, An Educational Conference held October 27-30, 1983 in the foothills in Oregon At Breitenbush Hot Springs in Lake Detroit. Fee is $135.00 and room and board in a geothermal heated cabin. Very friendly atmosphere and really cool people. Meals include and room included. Speakers at this event included: Michael Beug, Andrew T. Weil, Gary Lincoff, Catherine Scates, James Q. Jacobs, Terence McKenna, Paul Stamets, Jeffrey Chilton, Rick Kerrigan, Michael Foley, Dale Leslie and Steve Morgan.

11. Andrew Weil gave a lecture and workshop Tuesday May 3, 1988 at the CC Ballroom at Campus Center at the University of Hawaii at Manoa campus.

12. Wild Mushrooms 1989 was the Seventh Annual Breitenbush Mycological Conference held from October 26-29, 1989. Room and board included. This one was now $150.00 per person. Speakers included David Arora, Walt Sturgeon, Paul Przybylowics, Annette Simonson, James Q. Jacobs, Kent Powloski, John W. Allen, Nancy Weber, Karl L. R. Jansen, Tjakko Stijve, Paul Stamets, Miriam C. Rice and Brendan McFarlan.

13. Wild Mushrooms 1990. Again held at Breitenbush between November 1-4, 1990 and the cost for room and board was again $150.00 per person. Speakers included: Jim Trappe, Bryce Kendrick, James Q. Jacobs, John W. Allen, Maggie Rogers, Walt Sturgeon, Michael Beug, Thom O’Dell balafon (Raggae Music band).

14. Wild Mushrooms 1991. Also at Breitenbush. This was $175.00 and room and board. Speakers included, John W. Allen, Jochen Gartz, David Arora, Lorelei Norvell, Bryce Kendrick, Thom O’Dell and Efran Cazares..

15. Plants, Shamanism, and States of Consciousness (Plantas, Chamanismo y Estados de Consciencia) held in San Luis Potosi, México on the 16-22 of November 1992. Jonathan Ott and many speakers on various aspects of Entheogenic plants. Cost for this was phenomenal at about $1200 dollars or more per person but iut was a large conference with many speakers. I could not find the list of speakers. Sorry.

16. Psychedelic Summit, April 16th, 1993. This one is one the 50th anniversary of Albert Hofmann’s discovery of LSD, held in San Francisco. Hosted Bruce Eisner, author of Ecstacy and founder of the Island Group. It cost $100.00 dollars per person and include meals. Speakers included Rick Doblin, Oscar Janiger, taped messages from both Albert Hofmann and Humphrey Osmond, Tim Leary, Ralph Abraham, Alura Huxley, Robert Anton Wilson, Stephen Gaskin, Paul Krassner, Willis Harman, Donna Dryer and Richard Yensin, Lester Grinspoon, John Robbins, and Claudio Naranjo.

17. And on the following day another conference titled, “Psychedelics and Cannabis: Spirituality, Medicine and Policy. April 18th, 1993.. This was an all day conference for $45 dollars with the following speakers present: Rick Doblin, Dale Gieringer, Stephen Gaskin, Timothy Leary, Ken Goffman, Terence McKenna, Caroline Garcia, Alan Cohen, Ed Rosenthal, Donald Abrams, Lester Grinspoon, Ralph Metzner, Kat harrison, Dennis McKenna, Richard Yensin and Donna Dryer, Bob Sisko, Igor Koungourtsev, Claudio Naranjo, Jerry Beck, Bruce Eisner, Nina Graboi, Laura Huxley and others.

18. The Maui Botanical Preservation Corp Conference was held at a boyu scout camp Keanae on August 13-17th in the late summer of 1993. Cost was $175.00 and room and board at the camp was included. Speakers included Jonathan Ott, David Orr, Jonathan “Sparrow” Miller, John W. Allen ,Brett Blausser and Jonathan Ott’s wife Djahel who dance for us. There were other speakers there but again I could not find the flyers.

19. The Gathering of the Minds was the brain child of Ron Piper and James Kent, publisher and editors of the now defunct magazine Psychedelic Illuminations, The conference was phenomenal with more than 50 guest lecturers and presenters and was held at Chapman University in Orange County Los Angeles on April 28, 1994. Meals were only for the speakers. And the cost was $35.00 per person for all day, $25.00 prepaid. Speakers include: John W. Allen, Michael Benner, Cliff Benton, Peter Bralver, Gary Bravo, Chris Conrad, Valeri Corral, Jim DeKorne, Rick Doblin, Troy Donahue (not the movie actor but president of the Mt. Shasta Mycological Society), Donna Dryer, Bruce Eisner, Genie Erstad, Robert Forte, Diana Gail, Jochen Gartz, Steven Gaskin, Michael Gilbert, Charles Grob, Peter Gorman, Nina Graboi, Roberta Hamilton, Jack Herer, Oscar Janiger, James Kent, Leeona Klippstein, Ellen Komb, Paul Krassner, Lorin Lindner, Timothy Leary, Bernard McCrane, Dennis McKenna, Ralph Metzner, David E. Nichols, Judy Osburn, Lynn Osburn, Jonathan Ott, Ron Piper, Caroljo Papac, Thomas Pinkson, Ram Das (Richard Alpert), Retinalogic, mark Riva, Ya’Anna Vera Rocha, Peter Stafford, Cliff Shaffer, Lynnette Shaw, Steven Starsparks, Starroot, Daniel Tvedt, and Richard Yensen.

20. The Ethnobotany and Chemistry of Psychoactive Plants Conference. This one again by Jonathan Ott and Rob Montgomery’s Botanical Preservation Corps. Two 7 day intensive field courses held in the Mayan temples of Palenque in the remote tropical rainforests of southern México between 15-21 January and from 25-31 January, 1995. Cost per person is $1200.00 plus room and board. Speakers included Terence McKenna, Jonathan Ott, Ralph Metzner, Christian Rätsch, Stacy Schaeffer, Constantino Manuel Torres and Rob Montgomery.

21. Ethnobotany: Shamanic Plant Science held October 18-20, 1996 at the Palace of Fine Arts Theater in San Francisco, California.. This conference cost $225.00 per person without any room or board. Speakers included: Albert Hofmann, Peter T. Furst, Bo Holmstedt, James C. Callaway, Antonio Escohotado, Josep María Firicgla, Jochen Gartz, Luis Eduardo Luna, Dennis J. McKenna, Deborah C. Mash, Richard Evans Schultes, Alexander T. Shulgin, Johannes Wilbert, Kary B. Mullis, Robert Montgomery, Jonathan Ott, Christian Rätsch, Giorgio Samorini, Stacy B. Schaefer, C. Manuel Torres.

22. Ethnobotany and Chemistry of Psychoactive plants. Again we have the annual 1996 Botanical Preservation Corp conference from 13-19 January and 22-28 January 1996 BPC Conference held in the Mayan Temples of Palenque in the remote tropical rainforests of México. $1200 per person with room and board. Speakers included; Sasha and And Shulgin, Terence McKenna, Jonathan Ott, Luis Eduardo Luna, Paul Stamets, Christian Rätsch, Stacy Schaefer, Ken Symington and Rob Montgomery (Founder of BPC).

23. Ethnobotany and Chemistry of Psychoactive Plants, again a Botanical Preservation Corps field course in psychoactive plants from BPC held in Palenque in the tropical rainforests of southern México. Cost again is still $1200.00 per person with room and board. Speakers included: Albert Hofmann, Sasha and And Shulgin, Terence McKenna, Dennis McKenna, Jonathan Ott, Constantino Manuel Torres, Christian Rätsch, Deborah Mash, Ken Symington and Rob Montgomery.

24. Wild Entheogenic Mushrooms 1997. Cost for a four hour mushroom Identification Workshop by John W. Allen is 35 dollars per person. Held in University -Used Bookstore in Seattle, Washington. Speaker: John W. Allen.

25. Psychoactivity. A large conference held at the Tropen Museum in Beautiful Amsterdam, Netherlands 1-4 October, 1998. Cost 474 florins ($235.00 U.S.) . No Room or Board. Speakers included: Simon Vinkenoog, Antonio Escohatabo, Peter Cohen, Pat O’Hare, Patricia Ochsner, Hans van den Hurk, Dick Bierman, Christian Rätsch, Stacy Schaefer, Claus Deimel, Bruno Illius, Jonathan Ott, Ralph Metzner, And Shulgin, Sasha Shulgin, Richard Yensen, Donna Dryer, Michael Szukaj, Thomas Heinz, Michael Schilichting, Manuel Torres, Peter de Smet, Claudia Mueller-Ebeling, Alex Grey, Hans Plomp and Arno Adelaars.

26.All Chemical Arts Presents “Psychoactivity Creativity held on the big Island of Hawaii between 12-17 September 1999. Cost per person was $1500.00 plus Room and Board. Organizers for this art conference regarding the influence enthegenic plant use has in art included Terence Mckenna, Manuel Torres and Ken Symington. Speakers also included Lewis John Carlino, Bruce Damer, Alex Grey Ben Hightower Neil, Mark Pauline, Mark Pesce, Tom Robbins Robert Nevosa and Alice Walker.

27. Ethnobotany Shamanic Plant Seminars In Palenque held on 16-22 January and 25-31 January 1999 in the beautiful tropical rainforest of southern México. Again the cost plus room and board is $1200.00 per person. Speakers included: Giorgio Samorini, Paul Stamets, C. Manuel Torres, Terence McKenna, Rob Montgomery, Ken Symington, Sasha and Ann Shulgin, Christian Rätsch, Michael Bock, Jonathan Ott and Wade Davis.

28. Ethnobotany Plant Seminars two 7-day intensive field seminars at the portal to the Palenque Mayan ruins and México’s mysterious tropical forests. Well now costs run $1300.00 dollars per person with room and board. This time the conference covers Archaic Art and Archeology of Ambrosia; Identification and Cultivation of Mushroomic Entheogens; South American Visionary Snuffs and Ayahuasca; Tryptamines, Phenethylamines, Allied Amritous Alkaloids; Soma, Kykeon, Iboga and Kindred Pschotica; and Collection, Cultivation, and Preparation of Psychoactive Plants.

29. Wild Mushrooms 2000. The 17th Annual Wild Mushroom Conference held October 26-19,2000 at Breitenbush Hot Springs in Lake Detroit, Oregon. Cost per person was $295 Dollars with room and board. Speakers include John W. Allen, Patrice Benson, Jim Berlstein, Ed Foy, Bryce Kendrick, Paul Kroger, Taylor Lockwood, James Arthur and Jim Trappe.

Chapman University in )Orange County at the gathering of the Minds. This is also available on two tapes of 14 hours of lectures.

The following article on the Gathering of the Minds is from Psychedelic Illuminations, Which also had a few interviews in each issue.

There area also dozens of interviews of Tim Leary, Baba Ram Das, the late (Richard Evans Schultes, Rolf Singer, Roger Heim, R. Gordon Wasson), Andrew Weil, Ralph Metzner, Rick Doblin, Allen Shoemaker, Dennis and the late Terence McKenna, Jonathan Ott, Gary Menser, Gary Lincoff, the late Steven Pollock, Rick Strassman, Mark Merlin, Tjakko Stijve, Wolfgang Baeur, Rich Gee, Jule Stevens, Jochen Gartz, Paul Stamets, Gaston Guzman, Giorgio Samorini, Peter Stafford, Arno Adaalars, Hans van den Hurk, Jeremy Bigwood, Michael Beug, Sasha Shulgin, James Q. Jacobs, Freeman Rowes, Claudio Naranjo, and many dozens of others, Including me.

Unless you are in a major school or profession such as a journalist or photographer and have a pre3ss card or work for a major magazine or newspaper, I find it rather difficult for you to get an interview from anyone and the language does not help in the least at all.

One final bit from the Bibliography of Entheogenic fungi by Allen and Gartz, a list of some famous interviews.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

INTERVIEWS:
Baba Ram Dass (Brown & Novice, [No Date]).
Jochen Gartz (Gartz, 1998c).
Rich Gee (Poole, 1998).
Albert Hofmann (Horowitz, 1976).
Michael Hollingshead (Stafford, 1975).
Timothy Leary (Sheff, 1987; Unsigned, 1966).
Dennis Mckenna (Pinchera, 1997).
Terence McKenna (Brown & McClen, 1992; Ebert, 1997; Gorman, 1997; Jacobson, 1992; Krassner, 1997; Miller, 1993).
Thomas Lyttle (Goldster, 1994).
María Sabina (Ongaro, 1971; Rätsch & Liggenstorfer, 1996; Rosales, 1969).
Alexander (Sasha) and Ann Shulgin (Eisner & Stafford, 1998).
Stijve, Tjakko (Delaroière, 2000; Montag, 2000).
Toynbee, J. Andrew (Butler, 1999).
Bas van Doesburg (Adelaars, 1997c).
R. Gordon Wasson (Forte, 1988; Ott & Pollock, 1976).
Andrew Weil (Fremont, 1975).

That does not include interviews in Life Magazine, Holliday Magazine, Rolling Stone, Playboy, High Times, Original Head Mag, Hi-Life, Flash, Rush, Paraphenalia,and other monthly ppublications or scientific and aMedical Journals interviews, etc.

One more point. Mark D. Merlin teaches a Psychoactive Drug Plant course at the U of Hawaii at manoa every other semester. Many colloges and Universities form Harvard to UCLA teach similar courses. IF one goes to school and studies some of these subjects noted above then he or she could easily obtai9n grant money to follow in the footsteps of those who came before.

mjshroomer

Who would you try to interview. All of the above have many tapes of interviews from symposiums, conferences, annual mushroom foray conferences, recorded over the past 30 years and many more whom I did not list are also working in these particular sundry fields of endeavor in the world of entheogenic compounds and hallucinogens

Edited by mjshroomer (07/22/07 04:37 PM)

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #7180773 - 07/15/07 08:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

very well put and informative.

/me pats mjshroomer on the back :bongload:

--------------------
Grow Room

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #7181382 - 07/15/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

geez MJ he has the right to make a documentary if he wants. What was that about?

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Male
Re: Seeking interviews for documentary film... [Re: sui]
    #7181994 - 07/16/07 02:02 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i'm aware we're not the first to do a project covering this topic and never claimed to be. i don't believe people should have to go to school and get grant money to do what they want. there are many other ways to go about making this kind of documentary. it's apparent that MJ knows what he's talking about...but the people who need to be informed the most are everyday people who don't have the time or dedication to sit through years of classes and hours of seminars. that's who we want to reach...the people who really have no idea about this stuff like we do.

--------------------
-Bill Hicks

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Male
    #7182016 - 07/16/07 02:15 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:

There area also dozens of interviews of Tim Leary, Baba Ram Das, the late (Richard Evans Schultes, Rolf Singer, Roger Heim, R. Gordon Wasson), Andrew Weil, Ralph Metzner, Rick Doblin, Allen Shoemaker, Dennis and the late Terence McKenna, Jonathan Ott, Gary Menser, Gary Lincoff, the late Steven Pollock, Rick Strassman, Mark Merlin, Tjakko Stijve, Wolfgang Baeur, Rich Gee, Jule Stevens, Jochen Gartz, Paul Stamets, Gaston Guzman, Giorgio Samorini, Peter Stafford, Arno Adaalars, Hans van den Hurk, Jeremy Bigwood, Michael Beug, Sasha Shulgin, James Q. Jacobs, Freeman Rowes, Claudio Naranjo, and many dozens of others, Including me.

Two people off of this list have agreed to interviews as well as a few others who you have not named.

--------------------
-Bill Hicks

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#7182101 - 07/16/07 03:19 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I knew a guy once who was always talking about building a city in space. There was no question in his mind that he was going to do it, because he believed that if people did not move off planet Earth everybody would die.

When I asked how he was going to raise the money to get the project off the ground he never had an answer, but in his mind the shear necessity of the project guaranteed its completion, so the details didn't matter. Though your goals are much less anbitious, you remind me of that guy.

I read some of your other posts. OK, so you probably are not an internet predator seeking your next victim, but you are fibbing to us. I can tell from your story.

You say you have no sponsors or outside funding for your film. You also say you are twenty one years old, you dropped out of college, and you have been working and saving money to make this movie. So how much money can somebody with a high school diploma make in two years? When I dropped out of college and started working I could barely pay rent, let alone save enough to make a documentary like the one you are planning.

You will need to to spend at least five or six thousand dollars for a functional used van. You will need a few more thousand for gas. Food on the road, hotel rooms, money for repairs if the van breaks down... On top of all that you will still need to pay your bills and rent for the month or more you spend on the road with no income.

Even on a shoestring budget you will need more than $15,000 to criss-cross the country intervening people for your movie. So when you say you worked and saved to make the movie, I have a hard time believing you, because the jobs available to people fresh out of high school usually do not pay enough for someone to save fifteen thousand dollars in two years of working. This would be an especially heroic fete for somebody who likes to use drugs. :smirk:

Either you have other funding you are not mentioning, like maybe your parents, you are attempting to deceive us, or you are simply delusional, like my friend with his cities in space.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures