Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecloudtripper
Knock and theDoor will open
Re: Why does everyone act like mushrooms are so sacred? [Re: Killer Sausage]
    #7364074 - 09/03/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

He made us in His image, but he also gave us free will. Followin God is a choice (which is what makes the concept of "faith" so special) and back in the day, practically everyone but Noah forgot about Him - and even intentionally sinned against him - so he did what he did. Anyway, is this supposed to be bashin? ..cause it sounds sorta like you're tryin to make my God seem like some sort of fool. 

I'm just pointing out one of the problems I have with the OT idea of God, that's all.

If we where made in his image, even with free will, why would we sin ? Did he have no idea that we would go astray when he made us (in his image) ?  And why would he just try and kill us all (as well as all of those animals who where innocent by standers) because we made a mistake in our blindess.    It was genocide of the human race by a deliberate act directly from God. Then when it was all done he himself admits that it was wrong and says he will never do it again ! If it was wrong then maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place ... it seems like he is learning from his own mistakes. Dosn't make sense to me, however some of the lost NT books do make more sense.  You should look into them :smile:

--------------------
Always come back again. Never come back the same.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKiller Sausage
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Why does everyone act like mushrooms are so sacred? [Re: cloudtripper]
    #7364087 - 09/03/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cloudtripper said:
I'm just pointing out one of the problems I have with the OT idea of God, that's all.

If we where made in his image, even with free will, why would we sin ? Did he have no idea that we would go astray when he made us (in his image) ?  And why would he just try and kill us all (as well as all of those animals who where innocent by standers) because we made a mistake in our blindess.    It was genocide of the human race by a deliberate act directly from God. Then when it was all done he himself admits that it was wrong and says he will never do it again ! If it was wrong then maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place ... it seems like he is learning from his own mistakes. Dosn't make sense to me, however some of the lost NT books do make more sense.  You should look into them :smile:

We sin cause of the devil. God punished man for our sins, since everyone was with the devil, who completely opposed God. Also, everyone has a second chance at life, and a second chance to be saved (I do not believe in hell, but merely eternal death if you screw up the second time); this is supposed to happen after the apocalypse. As for the animal part, I cannot explain that, but I do not choose to question God, either. If He admitted He had done wrong, then that's as far as I'll go with that. Anyway, I kinda wanna cut out the religion discussion, cause I know someone will eventually get involved than will make things go sour.

I'll also make sure to look into those books.

--------------------
CHECKLIST:
*cannabis, psilocybe, fly agaric, salvia, LSD, mescaline, AMT, LSA, 5meo-DMT, DMT.
(* = done it)

Sebastian23 on extractin THC from urine:
"I doubt it, and in any way that could be worth extracting trace chemicals from hella urine samples.
Thats like using recycled human shit to feed humans. It's just a bad idea."
LOL!!!

Edited by Killer Sausage (09/03/07 11:26 AM)

Invisiblecloudtripper
Knock and theDoor will open
    #7364106 - 09/03/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Fair enough, sorry to get so far off topic .. yes do have read, we are lucky to live in an age where you are free to read what you like !

--------------------
Always come back again. Never come back the same.

OfflineKiller Sausage
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Why does everyone act like mushrooms are so sacred? [Re: cloudtripper]
    #7364118 - 09/03/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cloudtripper said:
Fair enough, sorry to get so far off topic .. yes do have read, we are lucky to live in an age where you are free to read what you like !

Agreed. :thumbup:

--------------------
CHECKLIST:
*cannabis, psilocybe, fly agaric, salvia, LSD, mescaline, AMT, LSA, 5meo-DMT, DMT.
(* = done it)

Sebastian23 on extractin THC from urine:
"I doubt it, and in any way that could be worth extracting trace chemicals from hella urine samples.
Thats like using recycled human shit to feed humans. It's just a bad idea."
LOL!!!

Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
    #7364319 - 09/03/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Killer Sausage said:

Not everyone would agree with followin someone else's rules, but I myself am quite happy to live by them; I see the end result as very rewardin, and it is to me the ultimate way to achieve true happyness, purpose and "enlightenment".

- Thats cool man, and its nice to hear someone who truly has faith. We all have our own that works for us.

Sorry if no one here believes in God or Christianity, but that's what I choose to follow, and I just hope that no disrespectful moron randomly comes on this forum and starts bashin Christianity. I'm sayin this cause I've seen it happen way too much on other forums. :frown:

- Yes, I see what you mean, and I see you are right about the sidetracking. sorry but I was just curious to see more of your beliefs up front and know what it means to you.

Actually, if I was to take seriously what shrooms "tell" me (other simpler stuff stuff like realizin your own life problems, bad habits, etc - things you'd be capable of in deep medatitve/philosophical states), I'd be practicin witchcraft accordin to what my religion states.

- I dunno, I go to church with my girlfried sometimes (shes catholic, hinduism is my religion) and I have noticed that there are things in common with mushroom experiences mentioned, esp. the stuff you mentioned above, so I think even christianity does speak of these as part of itself and the experience one is meant to have through the spiritual practice.

To conclude, I just simply won't ever take psychedelics as anythin more than a glimpse of beauty and abstract, and as an idea of the potential of the human brain.

- and what beauty and amazing potential it is!!

Again, this is all just based on my beliefs. I'll respect anyone else's (even those who go as far as to call themselves "shamans"), as long as they don't bash mine.

- Ill second that, maybe not the shaman part, except the new age ones:)

If you weren't so ignorant and actually knew what you were talkin about, you would know that God is not trapped in a book like you said, but the Bible is merely a guide to follow his way. I do not worship the Bible, I just follow the words written in it as a GUIDE. Now how about you quit damagin your own reputation and go do some research?

- Little harsh no?

And as the Sausage :laugh: has said, end thread. Or continue if you have something related to the "sacredness of shrooms"

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

OfflineJlips
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why does everyone act like mushrooms are so sacred? [Re: gmuralid]
    #7364337 - 09/03/07 01:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

On mushrooms, you know.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies