Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineatlas
always listening
Male
Re: Sterilizing syringes
    #70661 - 01/06/00 10:51 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm I wonder if the alcohol method really works but thanks for everyones input, it was a question I was going to ask... thanks

--------------------
"....there are no restraints on the Federal Reserve, the Fed is master of all it controls."
-Murray N. Rothbard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: Sterilizing syringes [Re: atlas]
    #70662 - 01/07/00 05:38 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I have tried to sterilize the syringes in a boiling pan...if you do that in the kitchen they will be probably contaminated due to the bacteria in the air (a good way to contam your spores) :frown:
If you have a pressure cooker try this:
fill your syringes at 1/3 with distilled water, wrap them in aluminium foil then in a clean cloth, put in the p/cooker for 15 min....that's all :smile:

Anonymous

#70663 - 01/07/00 06:02 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

CLuB99, I've tryed that but I've found the the pressure cooker (pressure) actualy pushes water out of the syringe.
Here is how I used to make them. And I had only 2-3 contamd ones out of 40-50 syringes I've made, I think that my bee do to the fact that the doof did not know what he was doing. get a shot glass (preferably one of those realy tall double shot ones), and a coffe cup and fill them both with distiled water.
Nuke the water for 2-3 min depending on the power of your microwave (the important thing is to make sure it is boiling)
Then takem them out ( use a oven mit) and pour out the shot glass into the cup and quickly put a plastic bag over it 9tyhe shot glass) , then use the water in the cup to starlize the syrignes by sucking the hot water up into them 2-3 times. Then fill them and do not empty them. Then leave them in the sill semi boiling hot water and put a plastic bag over the top, and wait for everything
to cool.
Once everything is cooled, wash your hands and rub rubbing alchol over everything hands tabel etc. then take a knife and hold the tip in a flame untill it glows then take it and use the rag from the alchol to cool it. Open up your print and remove the plastic from the shot galss. Quickly use the knife to scrape off some of the print into the shot glass. then cover the shot glass or quickly grap
the plastic bag covered syringes plastic and set over the shot glass so it is covered by the plastic bag and the syringes are in the shot glass, squirt the water into it use a syringe to break up the spores and then suck them back into the syringes. cap them and you can use them right away in a mmgg/ pf tec but it is better to let them re-hydrate for a day or so.

Anonymous

#70664 - 01/07/00 06:11 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Take the syringe apart, put it and about 1 inch of water in the pressure cooker and sterilize for 20-30 min. Works fine.

GT

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #70665 - 01/07/00 07:22 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hello,

Put a cup of alcohol in the glove box. I just dip the needle (all the way to the syringe) in alcohol. Then I draw the alcohol into the syringe and squirt it back out. Never once have I had a contaminated syringe. Very easy...takes 10 sec.

shane67

Anonymous

#70666 - 01/07/00 09:32 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks guys. I don't have a pressure cooker right now so i guess i'll have to try one of the other methods. Shane67, I'm surprised just using alchol works. Almost seems to easy to be true. I'll try it along with neophytes idea and see what works. I've never made a spore syringe before, so wish me luck.

Anonymous

#70667 - 01/07/00 09:53 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck, I know my post seems sort of long but I figure that step by instructions are sometimes the best. peace...

Anonymous

#70669 - 01/06/00 10:55 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I sterilize my syringes in self sealing autoclave bags. These keep them sterile until you're ready to use them (up to 30 days.)

Offlineatlas
always listening
Male
    #70670 - 01/08/00 08:37 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

jubz....how do the bags work????

--------------------
"....there are no restraints on the Federal Reserve, the Fed is master of all it controls."
-Murray N. Rothbard

Anonymous

#70671 - 01/08/00 09:20 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Just put the syringe in the bag and throw it in your pressure cooker. After about half an hour at 15 psi the bag will be sealed. It stays sterile for up to 30 days if it's sealed.

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #70672 - 01/10/00 12:16 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey!

When using alcohol to sterilize a syringe make sure it is 91% by volume. A matter of fact my bottle states right on the label, "MAY BE USED TO PREPARE NEEDLES AND SYRINGES FOR HYPODERMIC INJECTIONS."

Shane67

[This message has been edited by shane67 (edited January 10, 2000).]

Anonymous

#70673 - 01/11/00 10:53 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Personally, I find that my trusty 4-quart pressure cooker does fine. Simply draw 10cc of H2O into the syringe(e) and fill the needle cover(s) also. Loosely place cover on syringe and float in pot. Cook at 12-15psi for ~30min. When complete (and still quite hot) replace cover(s) completely.
When ready to make spore/mycelium syringe, squeez out the water and flame ster. the needle.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures