Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Acid's horrible reputation. How?
    #7058420 - 06/17/07 07:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I was just reflecting on LSD's reputation among inexperienced people and I was rather dumbfounded. Several people I've spoken to talk about it like it's an unreliable, dangerous hard drug, along the lines of crack or heroin, something only someone with no sense of self-respect or personal well-being would ever approach. One of my friends once said something to the effect of, "well, if it's called something so nasty as ACID, why would you ever do it? It's all in the name."

A little over a year ago, a very close friend of mine learned that I had tried acid and was most likely going to use it again. She was deeply disturbed and implored me never to touch it again. She truly said this out of concern for my own well-being. Since then we've grown apart. It's really hard to say whether it's simply from a major change in each of our respective lives (which we have both been experiencing lately) or mutual discomfort fostered by this disagreement, which we have never discussed since. I tried to explain to her that acid has been proven to be relatively harmless, with deleterious psychological effects appearing only in the vast minority, but she wouldn't hear it.

Even Dave Chappelle, a comedian whose wit and intelligence I greatly admire, has referred to LSD as a drug that would cause you to sing and dance with cartoons for ten hours because it's just "THAT BAD." The implication, once again, seemed to place it on the same level as crack.

My question is simple; how the fuck did this happen? I can't believe the propaganda war has been so overwhelmingly lost in the name of LSD. This is a drug that has been empirically proven physically harmless and at its worst, about as psychologically damaging as a really bad day in traffic. How can such solid empirical evidence in its favor be completely lost behind ignorance and negative assumptions? The more I think about it the more I realize I've truly never seen anything quite like this.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7058431 - 06/17/07 07:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"My friend killed himself while on LSD"

"You'll have a bad trip, it's real easy."

"It stays in your spinal fluid."

"You WILL have flashbacks."

These myths help create the negativity associated with Lucy. We all know it's bullshit, but then again, that's all the govt feeds us, innit?

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #7058455 - 06/17/07 07:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, the government...
People who never had the chance to try it...
Only the name as you mentionned.
The fact that hippies are ''damn acid loving hippies''...
And Drugs in general.

I love this society :rolleyes:

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
    #7058481 - 06/17/07 07:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with you man, :bitchplease:. If LSD is THATTT bad, don't you think that a majority of the 14 - 17 year old kids parents be REALLY fucked up and I don't see alot in the paper about people a little younger then my parents generation attributing their LSD excertions (spelling?) to different mental illnesses, trying to fly alot, or having flash backs when it would be the wrong time. I HONESTLY doubt that acid is a hard drug. Sure, its anywhere from 8 - 14 hours long be that doesnt make a drug hard. Cocain lasts like, 15- 25 min (so I'm told by my freind who has used a few times). I personally would like to try lsd eventually (hopefully this summer :laugh:)  I have finally broken the cycle of mis-information as much as I can with my girl freind and a circle of about 7 freinds after coaxing to try small doses of mushrooms with me. If my girlfreind enjoys boomers, I would think she would really like acid. I hope atleast....  Anyways, yea, wtf?! Why can't the man rag on somthing else, like, say, illegal imagrints? Oh, wait, they are the ones making all those MUCH needed black umbrellas that they asked for 10,000 dollars for... fags...

[/rant]

HTR:bongload:

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: hightimesreader]
    #7058522 - 06/17/07 07:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Crack lasts like 25 minutes. The only reasonable explanation I can think of for LSD's hard drug status is the fact that it's synthetic, but even that's not entirely true. People seem to think it can be "cut" with anything from strychnine to amphetamines but we all know these are both ludicrous ideas. Again, more misinformation, more bullshit. I'm so sick of this.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (06/17/07 07:58 PM)

InvisibleMrKite1
Cosmo

Loc: AK
    #7058615 - 06/17/07 08:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Something as powerful as LSD can be very disturbing for some people. An acute profound shift in perception is a rather foreign thing to most people and it instills fear on a primal level like any other great unknown. Combined with negative propaganda and the self fulfilling prophecies those stories seem to cause in anxious users it is easy to see where this fear of LSD comes from too.

After spending a day about in public running errands though and being coerced into visiting the services at one of those plastic super-churches I'm tempted to just say it is because so many people are fucking morons. But I won't as that statement is too presumptuous and sweeping for me to feel comfortable with it. hehe

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

#7058655 - 06/17/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I think that since there's hardly any real information on LSD because it is so scarce. I think alot of rumours go around to replace this unknown information:

- People affiliate it with dirty lab drugs
- People say there is negative effects on the brain like bleeding and flashbacks
- People say that you are insane after you take it once
- People think that you could be perminantely tripping from taking it
- People say your back messes up or your spinal fluid drains
- People seem to think that "Acid" is just a dirty name becuase it just doesn't sound right to them

I BOO this ignorant people. I don't think there's a real way to educate people about LSD. There is just too many without knowledge on LSD. Thanks for brining this to our attension.

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

Edited by colimon (06/17/07 08:26 PM)

OfflineLickMyGlowStick
Stranger

Loc: Nearest 711
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: MrKite1]
    #7058694 - 06/17/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Recently I had my first exp. with acid, I have to say even before I tried it I would never classify it with heroin or crack. In exp. people in the drug world who would rather listen to their teachers, dare officers, gov. commericals, and such things other than find out the truth. READ A BOOK. Its that simple. Go to the source and get the facts. Hey if you feel frisky give it a try.

I've heard people go as a far as "Holes in your brain"

Whatever man.

--------------------
Mushe, Mushe, Mushe

Offlineshadowed
Nestled in theback of yourmind
Male

Loc: the SW
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: colimon]
    #7058753 - 06/17/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

People believe what they hear. People who believe all of this, then take acid and trip badly because of all of the crap they hear. Then they go on to spread the word about it being dangerous and so forth, and thus the infinite cycle continues.

I had to talk these myths out of many of my friends heads on countless occasions, about weed, mushrooms, acid, salvia, etc. People believe what they choose to believe if it supports what they already believe. Those who believe that all drugs are bad thus grasp onto these little myths to support their misguided views. Then they spread their views, preaching to those they know who indulge in said drugs, and they succeed in only shedding light on their own ignorance.

--------------------
Life is just a flashback...

I may have gone a bit too far, I fear
Will I get out of it this time?
What was I thinking, taking this leap
I thought I knew where we would go
If only I knew, I had no idea.

Edited by shadowed (06/17/07 08:46 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7058974 - 06/17/07 09:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

If someone who hasn't tripped were to look at my experiences with acid, the few bad trips I've had would probably be more than enough to scare them away(particularly the one where I ended up in the hospital). It's easy for an outsider to see the negative effects of the psychedelic experience, but the positive, mind-expanding aspects are extremely difficult to explain to them. They would have to already have an interest in mind expansion(or even understand that such a thing is possible) in order to understand why I use it. To them, it's nothing more than "seeing things."

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#7059030 - 06/17/07 09:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

because people who couldn't handle it did everything in their power to demonise and defame it because they couldn't handle what was REALLY inside their heads.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#7059131 - 06/17/07 09:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:One of my friends once said something to the effect of, "well, if it's called something so nasty as ACID, why would you ever do it? It's all in the name."

I'm glad that was your friend who said that because it's one of the goofiest things I've ever read.  Orange juice has citric acid.  Is that a reason to not drink orange juice?  There's all different kinds of acids.  They don't all eat through your flesh.:)

On another note, I truly am sorry to hear that you parted ways with a good friend over your using acid a few times or whatever.  That really sucks.  LSD is supposed to bring people together, not force them apart.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: indica]
    #7059213 - 06/17/07 10:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Lsd can be as subtle or as intense as you want it to be.

It just depends on how much you are taking.

Mushrooms are much harder on my body and mind. I mean mushrooms are more alien and honestly are more emotional, less complex, and not as easily controlled.
These drugs are all so damn amazing, and some people just have to label things that they dont know about because to do so makes them feel like they own the possibilities and they are in control of their perceptions. Its the same for the die-hard anti-drug dipshits out there.
They are quite certain that they remember what they KNOW about "ACID".

Some people cant possibly accept that lsd is just as safe as any other hallucinogen. I just happens to last for a little while longer than some of these orally active drugs.

I am great friends with ayahuasca , mescaline and lsd most of all. Mushrooms just tend to almost hurt and are most confusing.
I have never had a so called "bad trip". I still feel this way.

SOme may consider this a paradox, but I find mushrooms to be the most amazing aside from ayahuasca. That and lsd is my fav........

Its not just the governments of the world that make lsd seem like some hard psychedelic. Its the people who want to own the experience with little or no experience, and they talk about it.

Same goes for ayahuasca actually.

Some people here think its the end all be all for some silly set of reasons.
It really isnt.
Its totally different than any other hallucinogen. Just like if you were to compare mushrooms to mescaline.

All these unnecessary qualifiers is what gets to me.

Ayahuasca ended my psychedelic lifestyle after years of serious experiences. It was the end all be all. Alot of this has to do with the fact that I took a whole hell of alot of it though.
It is certainly a different voice, but thats it.
LSD is one hell of a state of mind and has similare divine proportions.

Lsd will always be my favorite, and thats not just because its the easiest for me to handle at large doses.
I have handled all my experiences and loved each one, which always inevitably added upon the next.

LSD is just the most organized IMVE(in my vast experience). Its like being posessed by a neuro-mathamatic-mechanical set of overminds.
Less personality than most of these substances, but it has more wits about it. Its a scientist, and not seemingly a spirit or alien set of overminds.

I have alot more trippy thoughts about it, but this post is long enough.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (06/17/07 10:13 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: yageman]
    #7059403 - 06/17/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
LSD is just the most organized IMVE(in my vast experience).  Its like being posessed by a neuro-mathamatic-mechanical set of overminds.
Less personality than most of these substances, but it has more wits about it.  Its a scientist, and not seemingly a spirit or alien set of overminds.

I like this description. Something about LSD makes it an undeniably sciencey drug. It still has spirituality and contemplation, but there's this sense of absolute worldly grounding beneath all of it... stopping to smell the roses, times a million. I love how the psychedelics have roughly the same mechanism on the brain but each one has a completely different character.

Quote:

truffleupagus said:
On another note, I truly am sorry to hear that you parted ways with a good friend over your using acid a few times or whatever.  That really sucks.  LSD is supposed to bring people together, not force them apart.

We didn't part ways outright, we've still seen each other a few times since and we're still friends. But our friendship really just isn't the same anymore. We've both grown apart, but I fear my drug use may have played a factor. :frown:

Sorry to be so mopey guys, things didn't go so great for me today. Thanks for the nice replies, they helped a lot. :smile:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (06/17/07 10:46 PM)

Offlinesurge
Scream
Male

Loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
    #7059444 - 06/17/07 10:51 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

(computer acting funny just incase my msg missed)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=757323410

cant be better explained then this...please sit back and enjoy

OfflinechairmanK
devotee ofTezcatlipoca
Male

Loc: San Francisco, CA
    #7059458 - 06/17/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/7jcl/7JCL47.htm.

LSD is very dangerous to the State. It's obvious why the State promotes such vicious propaganda against LSD. If you were concerned with maintaining your power, wouldn't you be terrified of people cracking open their minds with LSD?

Edited by chairmanK (06/17/07 10:57 PM)

Offlineretrospect
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #7060067 - 06/18/07 02:21 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MistaUNGA said:
"My friend killed himself while on LSD"

"You'll have a bad trip, it's real easy."

"It stays in your spinal fluid."

"You WILL have flashbacks."

These myths help create the negativity associated with Lucy. We all know it's bullshit, but then again, that's all the govt feeds us, innit?

Some of the more common ones at my school.

"It will make you jump out of a building"
"You can get stuck in a trip. Forever."
"My Aunties, Sisters, Fathers, Cousins friend went mental on it. Now he's in an institution and sees spiders all over the walls."

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? *DELETED* [Re: retrospect]
    #7060199 - 06/18/07 04:14 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by cleeen

Reason for deletion: double post

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .
Such a beautiful lie to believe in
So beautiful, beautiful it makes me ..

Nikopol: You piece of shit! Your objectives are shit. Your filthy rapist god ambitions are shit. You're full of shit, Horus!

Horus: Coming from a human, remarks like that don't carry much weight.

Nikopol: But all that it is not worth of prodigy of your saliva, Jill.

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: retrospect]
    #7060201 - 06/18/07 04:21 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This web page i stumbled onto is great work wow what a collection !! amazing .. click on the linked  or the LSDVideos link on my sig. line

The lunatics had taken over the asylum  :mad::pirate:
LSDVideos

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .

Nikopol: You piece of shit! Your objectives are shit. Your filthy rapist god ambitions are shit. You're full of shit, Horus!

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#7060267 - 06/18/07 05:33 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

LSD has been targeted by Government propaganda more than any other drug simply because that's the only way to prevent its use. A million doses of pure LSD would fit in a fairly small bag or vial. Preventing it being smuggled is pretty much impossible. Preventing manufacture through restrictions on precursor chemicals is moderately effective, but there's always ways to acquire those chemicals if you really want to.

Essentially, if people want to take LSD, and there are people willing to synthesise and supply it, it's pretty much impossible for the government to stop that. Therefore, they have to cut off the problem at the consumer level by making people not want LSD in the first place. Its association with a counterculture many people dislike helps, but the main force here is propaganda. While it's gradually become less ridiculous, the propaganda is still full of lies about high suicide and insanity rates amongst LSD users. The best way to combat this, therefore, is to spread the truth about the drug.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineRamen_Noodles
Stranger
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7093612 - 06/26/07 03:00 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

My favorite one is:
"If you take acid and go up high in an airplane or up into space, your spine will explode."

And the people that say this stupid shit willingly snort large amounts of coke, smoke lots of ice, pop pills like no one's business, and drink to the excess of passing out at least twice a month, and see nothing harmful in it. But once someone says something ridiculously stupid as the remark above, they believe it.

There's a whole lot of other crap circulating here too, though. Like the other day, when I told my friend's sister that the only drugs I really do now are acid and shrooms(after she asked, of course), and she started screaming "That's going to kill you someday! You DO know that acid is something that stays in your spine for your entire life, right?" And then went on explaining that "I study up a lot about drugs on the internet, they really interest me". That made me laugh.

But oh well, the only thing you can do is to try to give them the truth, and if they refuse to believe it, than shit, more 'cid for you then. Lol.

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: Ramen_Noodles]
    #7093628 - 06/26/07 03:13 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

even IF it had any thing to do with spinal fluid, the spinal fluid is 'flushed' every 12 days...so people are idiots. I agree.

That being said; Acid can be dangerous.

The drug its self might not cause damage, but what you do on it might.
Actually, the action of the drug can easily be dangerous. During a acid trip, alot of stress is put on the bottom, alot of fight or flight stress, during this stress, blood is rush to the arms, so you dont digest food as fast and so you r limbs able you to move quicker. With less blood in the viscera area it can exacerbate organ problems.

So.. everyone be careful. Its not the safest drug in the world for your body, especially with prolong use.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: falkor187]
    #7093717 - 06/26/07 05:04 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

everytime people try to lecture me about the negative repurcussions of psychedelics, i just go "yea? well why dont you eat me ya pussy" and then they kind of get quiet. lmao.

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
    #7093729 - 06/26/07 05:19 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

There was a also a myth derived from a 1994 study that Ecstasy would drain your spinal fluid :lol:

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: Crystal G]
    #7093775 - 06/26/07 05:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
everytime people try to lecture me about the negative repurcussions of psychedelics, i just go "yea? well why dont you eat me ya pussy" and then they kind of get quiet. lmao.

OK, i'll "eat me ya pussy" when you trip and hurt yourself...ill eat that pussy all day you fool.

drugs are serious, you have poor grammar. 'nuff said.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #7097425 - 06/27/07 12:54 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

lmao, well guess what? im an author and published a book, but im also a lazy bum on forums

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

#7097574 - 06/27/07 02:36 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

falkor187 said:
even IF it had any thing to do with spinal fluid, the spinal fluid is 'flushed' every 12 days...so people are idiots. I agree.

That being said; Acid can be dangerous.

The drug its self might not cause damage, but what you do on it might.
Actually, the action of the drug can easily be dangerous. During a acid trip, alot of stress is put on the bottom, alot of fight or flight stress, during this stress, blood is rush to the arms, so you dont digest food as fast and so you r limbs able you to move quicker. With less blood in the viscera area it can exacerbate organ problems.

So.. everyone be careful. Its not the safest drug in the world for your body, especially with prolong use.

lsd is water soluble. which means it cannot get 'stuck' in your spine.

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: Helixx]
    #7097809 - 06/27/07 06:15 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

next time one of your friends trys to tell you about how bad acid is say this and they will understand:

"acid is bad, i read about it, heard about it, ect. ect...."
then you say
"If you had read about Hawai but handnt been there, woul u tell someone who lives there what it's like?

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: moon_glue]
    #7098093 - 06/27/07 09:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i cant believe you guys DOOOO LSD!

if you take it 3 times you are LEGALLY insane!!!!!

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7098103 - 06/27/07 09:09 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

You guys can say it's all the government's fault all you want, but the fact of the matter is that a good deal of the bad reputation for LSD comes from the irresponsible way in which it was used when it first exploded on to the scene. Users are just as responsible for the reputation it has as its detractors are.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7098128 - 06/27/07 09:16 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
You guys can say it's all the government's fault all you want, but the fact of the matter is that a good deal of the bad reputation for LSD comes from the irresponsible way in which it was used when it first exploded on to the scene. Users are just as responsible for the reputation it has as its detractors are.

Here here! The fastest way to get drugs decriminalised is for people to use them responsibly. Like thats going to happen, unfortunately :frown:

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: mr_kite]
    #7098161 - 06/27/07 09:25 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yeah!

all those god damn peace loving idiots ruined it for US!

haha...

but that is right...look how badly the 60's went because of LSD hysteria...

then look at cases like charles manson

that damn moron, and his stupid swastika, PERMANATELY fucked LSD

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7098201 - 06/27/07 09:39 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The government was at least as irresponsible in those days ..arguably more so .

Leary did what he did because the alternative was in his opinion worse , and he felt that for evolutionary reasons people should not be denied the wonders of the self consciousness it could provide .

When you look at the dossier of the Governments attitudes to these things then (and it lingers you know) , it could just as well be said that the loose use of LSD was completely attributable to the attempts by the government to deny it from the people for reasons that are quite entirely fictional and indicate a real trend in desire to control the psyche of the people for their own selfish or fundamentally punitive destructive thinking .

The government doesn't have to accept this opinion for it to be relevant and true .

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: cleeen]
    #7098252 - 06/27/07 09:54 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

There is no truth in opinion. That's what makes it opinion. Relevance is another issue entirely.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7098290 - 06/27/07 10:08 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think there can be truth in opinion , if it is an honest opinion there is almost certainly truth and relevance to it . There is surely less truth in an opinion that is purposely deceptive .

How exactly do people respond to a repressive regime that wants to deny them the opportunity to evolve ? .. History tells us that in a system where natural rights are oppressed people will often express there covert activities in a manner that is demonstratively less mature , organized and proper than they would when an open society allows them to conduct their activities with pride .

Facts as you say are like truths they are very opinion oriented , but history is what it is , and the same trends in prohibition repeat over and over again demonstrating something of the condition of the psyche and not just a flash in the pan .

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
    #7098299 - 06/27/07 10:13 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i think its funny he said "even with a name like acid why would you touch it?" what about amino acids that are essential for life? dumb ass:rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: Crystal G]
    #7112615 - 06/30/07 08:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i would like to read that book.
whats the title?
you should read my book.
The Bible. I hear its pretty popular.

-GOD

OfflineAstral Piper
Voivod
Male

Loc: Hell
    #7113003 - 06/30/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Even Dave Chappelle, a comedian whose wit and intelligence I greatly admire, has referred to LSD as a drug that would cause you to sing and dance with cartoons for ten hours because it's just "THAT BAD."

Dave Chapelle is a real model of stability and sound critical judgement, for sure.:D

--------------------
Syd Barrett at his final appearance with Pink Floyd on December 22, 1967:

OfflineAstral Piper
Voivod
Male

Loc: Hell
    #7113053 - 06/30/07 10:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
There is no truth in opinion. That's what makes it opinion. Relevance is another issue entirely.

Wrong.

Opinion is a perspective unsupported by direct evidence.

Truth is an absolute condition of certainty which does not need to be supported by evidence.

You can have an opinion, and it can be true.

Before you became a rock-em, sock-em moderator, did you attend an institution of higher learning that taught anything remotely resembling the western liberal tradition?

I ask this because I have noticed that you are very quick to critically appraise the quality of posts presented by people in this community, so I am sure you would appreciate an opportunity to receive an honest critical response in that context.

I am assuming that you do understand the definition of the word "critical."

--------------------
Syd Barrett at his final appearance with Pink Floyd on December 22, 1967:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: Astral Piper]
    #7113602 - 07/01/07 12:57 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

My opinion is it all has to do with LSD being the most high profile psychedelic in the 60s and 70s when the hysteria was going on. It's true, the government targeted it most heavily with claims like it destroys chromosomes and makes people eat babbies. The other end, is because of its rise in popularity thanks to people like Leary, lots of people who shouldn't have been taking it did and with ugly results. This got WORSE as the negative campaigning in the media started to scare inexperienced users into bad trips thinking they would be permanently insane, etc reaffirming the propaganda.

Most of this went away after the sixties but the reputation stuck. And the name sounds bad. I remember my school textbook used to always say the LSD and PCP where pretty much the same thing.

I would add also, LSD is probobly one the most powerful psychedelics, and one of the most powerful psychoactive drugs that any person is liable to encounter. Among psychedelics it is probobly one the most threatening to the establishment and concensus reality because it tends to deconstruct and break down things so much. This might have something to do with it as well.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
    #7115461 - 07/01/07 04:06 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:"well, if it's called something so nasty as ACID, why would you ever do it? It's all in the name."

HAHAHahahahaha! Classic bad logic! Hahaha.

Seriously, if anyone questions acid, just tell them that Albert Hoffman said that it does no damage. See how they react to that.

Offline13coyote
Stranger
Male
Re: Acid's horrible reputation. How? [Re: TurricaN]
    #7117288 - 07/02/07 12:01 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Acid has an intimidating reputation because every so often someone goes apeshit on it. I am an example of an acid casualty, after having severe flashbacks on a plane and being escorted away by cops. It's all about that one out of every twenty people. Go ahead, bitch about my post all you want, I don't give a shit.

--------------------
"It is said that the earth is a place of painful joy, of a tired happiness."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder