Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Prefered Mushroom for taking a spore print
    #7051349 - 06/15/07 10:01 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I was just wondering if there are better mushrooms to take spore prints from than others, currently i usually grab a print from the mushroom that Looks the best, grows the largest and the quickest.

Not entirely sure if one is better than the other, but If it were a plant or something of that nature, i'd take the seeds from the prettiest, biggest fastest... so I'm following that logic till someone has some better advice for me.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Prefered Mushroom for taking a spore print [Re: LVL12]
    #7051423 - 06/15/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i've always taken the largest, healthiest looking caps too. They're dropping thousands of different spores, so i dont think much of anything genetically carries over from fruit to fruit through the spores

--------------------
Anything I say is fictional. Duh.

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: Prefered Mushroom for taking a spore print [Re: shroomballa]
    #7051592 - 06/15/07 11:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The best thing to be said about this is.. Select the LARGEST capped shrooms for the most spores.. The genetics will probably not carry over to the print.

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Prefered Mushroom for taking a spore print [Re: Grogan]
    #7051598 - 06/15/07 11:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

A 6' 5" man who marries a 6' woman is not necessarily going to have a child over 6'. But the odds are better.

The difference here is that size in mushrooms is more environmental than genetic. Genetically identical clones can fruit a 10g wimp and a 100g monster, depending on substrate and conditions.

Still, it's smarter than taking a print from the smallest shroom in your multispore crop, and you get more spores on your foil, so why not?

By the way, if you're not working with multispore, your prints will all come from the same genetic mixup no matter what. In this case you should still use the biggest because the bigger cap tends to drop the most spores.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Re: Prefered Mushroom for taking a spore print [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7053418 - 06/16/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

LOL, so i've been picking the right ones, for the wrong reasons... LOL I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order