Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Unusual Mescaline Questions
    #4537706 - 08/15/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

For those of you who know your shit.

(1) When you drink cactus juice is the mescaline the dirt taste or the sour taste? That is, there are a few flavors, one is bitter and dirty and one is sour and nasty. If you have eaten peyote and other Trichs then you know there's certain flavors that are common. So I really wish to know if the di....you get the idea.

(2) When you make a solution of cactus liquid will the mescaline fall out of the solution even without an AB?

(3) Is it not more ideal to take the entire dose within a short time range rather than spreading it out over an hour or more? For instance, if one spreads out a dose of other drugs usually the effect won't be as noticable.

Thanks for your insights.

--------------------
...or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Unusual Mescaline Questions [Re: eve69]
    #4537759 - 08/15/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Not so unusuall questions

1)The bitter one ! Remember :Alkaloids= bitter most of the time. Here i must remind everyone though that our tongue is not an analytical nor a quantitative laboratory so dont use it for ID

2)I havent heard of this happening. In an oversaturated solution it could propably happen

3)I preffer ti get done with it. Its a matter of prefference.Second is smoother the first hits harder.

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
    #4537761 - 08/15/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really think the mescaline contained is the reason for the GOD FUCKING AWFUL BITTER TASTE.

I've mixed syrian rue with water and drank it, unknowingly of its taste beforehand and I must say, mescaline "incense" powder is right up there with the putrid nature of syrian rue.

the taste of the cactus seems less of a chemical taste and more of a simple natural defence to avoid being eaten. I never really got much off the peruvian torch cactus except for a shitload of trails and slight general well being but it's worth a try for anyone interested.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Unusual Mescaline Questions [Re: I2ancid]
    #4538132 - 08/15/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I ask because I have found peyote to not be so bitter as just dirty flavored, and the same taste comes across in the Trichs, so I wondered whether the mescaline would taste dirty as opposed to the usual bitter=alkaloids thing.

If anyone has tasted pure mescaline can you describe the flavor? I know MJShroomer could answer this one.

You know, the taste is aweful but I don't find it half as bad as kratom, aya, and some other things I've drunk. In fact, I sort of like a thin slice of fresh torch in my coffee for this subtle bitterness that feels sort of healthy. Ayurvedically bitter things balance out my pitta kapha prakriti.

Yeah, if you never got off on torch you played it safe. When it hits it's like -oh shit- every tme. -Oh Shiiiiiiiiiiiiittt, am I dead? That sort of thing.

But as you suggested I2ancid I find small doses can be pleasent mood palliatives for when I feel a bit depressed, so I always wondered if the pellotine or anhaladyne could have a mood lifting effect as well.

OK, thanks for answering.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #4541547 - 08/16/05 08:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"If anyone has tasted pure mescaline can you describe the flavor?"

Remember that most people will have extracted the mescaline in the form of its hydrochloride or sulphate salt. These are likely to taste mainly sour, since mescaline is a fairly weak base and so its protonated form is a fairly strong acid. It may be too sour to notice other flavours, but I don't know.

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Unusual Mescaline Questions [Re: Openminded]
    #4541782 - 08/16/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OK, that's cool. That would answer my question. The dirty flavor would maybe just be the plant matter but the sour bitter flavor would be the mescaline.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4544022 - 08/16/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Openminded said:
"If anyone has tasted pure mescaline can you describe the flavor?"

Remember that most people will have extracted the mescaline in the form of its hydrochloride or sulphate salt. These are likely to taste mainly sour, since mescaline is a fairly weak base and so its protonated form is a fairly strong acid. It may be too sour to notice other flavours, but I don't know.

I'm not sure about the sour taste of hcl or sulfate salts. Some salts are quite bitter tasting, like epsom salt.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Unusual Mescaline Questions [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4545760 - 08/17/05 05:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ah, but epsom salt is magnesium sulphate. Metal salts are very different to salts of amines.

Take ammonium sulphate and magnesium sulphate as examples. The sulphate anion is very, very weakly basic, and we'll just ignore it for now because it doesn't really do anything as far as pH is concerned in these salts.
So, we're left with NH4+ and Mg2+. Mg2+ is a Lewis acid, but a very, very weak one since Mg is an electropositive metal and therefore likes having a positive charge, so that all its electron levels are full and therefore stable.
NH4+ on the other hand is quite a strong Bronsted acid, because it can easily lose H+, since NH3 isn't a very strong Bronsted base.

The result is that magnesium sulphate solutions are roughly neutral, and won't taste sour, whereas ammonium sulphate solutions are acidic, and will be sour. Mescaline sulphate solutions will probably be MORE acidic than ammonium sulphate.

Mescaline sulphate may be bitter as well, but it will definitely be quite sour.

Offlinehenrygreen
Stranger
The appearance and smell of pure Mescaline Sulphate [Re: eve69]
    #7040828 - 06/13/07 05:12 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Its dead easy to extract the mescaline from cactus. (1) Cut up skin into small pieces and combine with Caustic Soda. Leave for x number of hours until cactus completely turned to dust in the solution; (2) Place into a separatory funnel, and let settle. Then empty the "dust" (or what was the skin) out of the bottom, and you will be left with a brownish solution; (3) Then add Sulphuric Acid one drop at a time, testing every so often with "Universal Indicator" paper (which measures the PH level) until it is neutral (or 7); (4) Finally, place the neutral solution in a saucepan and evaporate off the liquid, and you will be left with long needle-shaped, light-brown coloured crystals with an awful "cactus stench". It is only once you have done this, that you actually realize once and for all that the characteristic stench of mescaline cacti, is actually the smell of the mescaline itself. These crystals are also extremely bitter in taste.

I tried various ways of cooking cactus when young, and it is amazing how many people do not understand the basic process of extracting the mescaline. If you want to "cook" with water, you are wasting your time as mescaline is not too soluble with water. And these geniuses usually cook for 12+ hours. The simplest, most effective method is to cook your cactus with a bottle of rum, vodka, or other cheap spirit, as mescaline is readily soluble in alcohol. Do it this way, and you only need to cook for perhaps 1-2 hours. Then hold you nose, and drink the stuff.

I don't take psychedelics anymore, but I've had LSD twice, DMA three times, Mescaline about 4 or 5 times, Mushrooms about 10 times, Morning Glory about 8 or 9 times. LSD is definitely the most vivid imagery, followed by Mescaline. A small dose of mescaline speeds you up, with a bit of imagery. The largest dose I ever took was a 5 foot piece all to myself (in a single go), and I was tripping for almost two days. It was intense beyond believe, with a full continuous orgasmic feeling going non-stop for hours. Its a miracle I was not arrested, only because I saw no cops. Not recommended for beginners. Mushrooms is more subdued psychedelic experience, and unfortunately if you try to bump up the dosage big time, you'll just end up vomiting.

These days my only interest is in growing these wonderful cacti, not in consuming them. They are such wonderful gifts of god, and deserve real respect for their magical properties.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #7041706 - 06/13/07 11:52 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I find the freebase to be more bitter than the Sulfate.
Not sure why but maybe OM can explain it?

FH

Offlinecoopypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Unusual Mescaline Questions [Re: felixhigh]
    #7049196 - 06/15/07 11:21 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

mescaline freebase is highly caustic and will burn. i'm not sure if tasted freebase mescaline.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Unusual Mescaline Questions [Re: coopypants]
    #7050144 - 06/15/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Not everything around the net is true.
I´m not a professional chemist but I believe it would only burn if there were excess base in the material.
The same could happen when making salts, with acid instead.

FH

Edited by felixhigh (06/15/07 06:13 PM)

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: The appearance and smell of pure Mescaline Sulphate [Re: henrygreen]
    #7050555 - 06/15/07 06:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

With your alcohol method it seems like it would be very easy to cook the liquid down into a goo and just capsulize it. Is this true?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: The appearance and smell of pure Mescaline Sulphate [Re: circularvortex]
    #7051887 - 06/16/07 02:22 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

medicine ussually taste natsy. any who alcohol extract works great. or cactus tea. i am one of those people that tried all sorts of ways.
various tea methods, ate raw powder, mixed powder with gravy and mash patatos, ate fresh cactus, smoked it, burnt as incense, meditated with cacuts, various alcohol extracts inculding ones with rue extract and morning glory extract mixed into the tar. ayahuasca cactus methods. i have to say the best is tea. tho the super best is just sitting with the cactus.

main thing i have to say is the effects of the cactus are similar to getting pricked by its needle and bleeding then licking the blood from your cut...

its a methphor and actual event that happened and so fourth

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinecoopypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The appearance and smell of pure Mescaline Sulphate [Re: circularvortex]
    #7053249 - 06/16/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
With your alcohol method it seems like it would be very easy to cook the liquid down into a goo and just capsulize it. Is this true?

you don't really want to cook it, but yes you can evaporate it, then eat the tar, the tar is sticky as hell so as far as capping it its tricky, but you can always cover in chocolate or a fruit roll up and swallow whole. the tar is usually pretty potent but i usually find the stomach discomfort to increase as well

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: The appearance and smell of pure Mescaline Sulphate [Re: coopypants]
    #7058737 - 06/17/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

wraping the tar in salad leaves works good

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules