Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemkc
Vajrayana
Male

Loc: Dharma Path
Slow Growth?
    #7049856 - 06/15/07 03:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, I nocc'd 10 jars last Fri (June 8). I checked them 4 days ago and they were growing.. about 1/6 white up to the side let's say.. and looks the same today; just a little more grown.
After I worried about the slow growth I put them in the outside patio closet for about 12 hours.. and the average temp was about 75-87 in the afternoon. I decided to put them inside for room temp since I didn't want to overheat. I put them in my room with no air conditioning which was a good ideal temperature condition.. around 79F I guess.

Now I checked them today (Day 7) and it still looks like it's growing a bit slow. They're basically all growing on the bottom of the jars.
I shook all of them but one of them is a bitch and grew a big clump at the bottom. It's not really turning all white and covering the whole seeds as I expected.. and I'm a bit worried that I might have killed the growth or some shit.

I managed to take a pic of the one that's hard to break off.

Sorry for the horrid quality.. took with camera phone.
But it's not growing as quickly and efficiently as expected.

Any ideas? Or just wait even more?

And also.. is there any way to break the big clump off? It's a real pain in the ass.. tried using it against toilet paper but still didn't break. Don't have a tire to use..
Thanks in advance.

Edited by mkc (06/15/07 03:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhereismymind
they keepcoming!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the middle of nowhere
Re: Slow Growth? [Re: mkc]
    #7050104 - 06/15/07 04:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm i dont know about the tire (i dont have also ) but im used to punch em slowly around so they break and besides , holding em upside down may be not so good at all . mine only touches the lid when shaking anyway im no expert =) did you leave a space on top for shaking there seems to be no or minimum space for a shake since youre holding em upside down and they are not going down ? . peace

--------------------
In my own summer , there is no crowd in the streets and no sun...

Offlinewhereismymind
they keepcoming!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the middle of nowhere
Re: Slow Growth? [Re: whereismymind]
    #7050425 - 06/15/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

hmm btw sorry i didnt answer the main question , the first thing is i know its hard to be patient at first grows but try not to disturb them a lot , if youve seen the first growth at day 4 and this is day 7 it seems like an average growth from a multispore inoculation . is it the only spot thats showing growth or did u just take one picture of it , besides im trying to incubate at room temperature since i read it from RR but of course the climate here is not so cold and its summer now =)besides mycelia colonisation produces heat itself so that its alittle bit warmer than the outside so low 80's should be fine . tried to help you with what i've read peace =)

--------------------
In my own summer , there is no crowd in the streets and no sun...

Invisiblemkc
Vajrayana
Male

Loc: Dharma Path
Re: Slow Growth? [Re: whereismymind]
    #7051343 - 06/15/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes they all have space for it to shake..
Tried punching this one but it's just pain that I'm getting with no budge.. don't want to break the glass.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds