Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in
    #7048721 - 06/15/07 07:25 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

so what's the longest time? recently i had to wait for two hours for them to have an effect. i took 2,5g to a full stomach. at first i got the usual "strange" feeling and a calmness but nothing more so i thought "damn". then hours later my lamp radiated a golden glow over everything and i saw liquid rainbows coming out of the ceiling. after that i had a six-hour trip, which was mostly totally visual, filled with laughter and amazement.

is this late affect common? i've had them kick in in half an hour but two-three hours seems a bit long.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7048725 - 06/15/07 07:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

probably 45min-1hr, when I just ate them whole - with food.

I typically put them in lemon juice or tea now and it only takes 10-20min.

Offlinebiggysmall
Stranger
Male

Loc: your moms bedroom
Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7048726 - 06/15/07 07:29 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ya one of my friends whent a 5 hours...... i have no idea how it happened and it could be b.s but you took the shrooms was sober for a long time... got pissed off.... whent to his parents house then started totally tripping...

but for me it has been an hour

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: biggysmall]
    #7049166 - 06/15/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

3 hours, and almost a little more, eaten on an empty stomach

3.5 gs....i have NO idea why they took so long, or why there was a diminished experience, must have been a tolerance or maybe a potency issue

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7049169 - 06/15/07 11:10 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Longest? Hour and a half, maybe 2 hrs.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinecoopypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7049177 - 06/15/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i think about 4 hours, mabye a little longer, it wasnt only me that night either. About 1 am everyone started tripping face.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: coopypants]
    #7049397 - 06/15/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coopypants said:
i think about 4 hours, mabye a little longer, it wasnt only me that night either. About 1 am everyone started tripping face.

Its weird how that works. Their can be 5 people that acid. 30 minutes later you take acid. 10 minutes later, everyone starts tripping.

--------------------
Grow Room

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7049398 - 06/15/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

And that was the first time i tripped. never had a problem past like 20 minutes since then.

--------------------
Grow Room

Male

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: drSE]
    #7049403 - 06/15/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

And that was the first time i tripped. never had a problem past like 20 minutes since then.

When eating mushrooms now I only consume it in tea form. Easy come-up, and usually begins to hit before I finish the cup.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7049412 - 06/15/07 12:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

drSE said:
Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

When eating mushrooms now I only consume it in tea form. Easy come-up, and usually begins to hit before I finish the cup.

I agree. I do the same thing. I just hate swallowing those pieces on the bottom when they are all soggy.

--------------------
Grow Room

Male

#7049415 - 06/15/07 12:42 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
I agree. I do the same thing. I just hate swallowing those pieces on the bottom when they are all soggy.

I have a very simple and obvious solution for you: don't. In fact, I use a tea filter to make sure none of that sludge is even in my cup. After letting the ground up mushrooms soak in the hot water for ten minutes, the bulk, and I mean the major bulk, of the psilocybin has been extracted into the tea. There is really no reason to eat the sludge.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7049422 - 06/15/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I always thought of that, but thought that it would be a waste. Its not worth it to eat the sludge though. Those chunks stay stuck in your teeth the duration of the trip.

--------------------
Grow Room

Male

#7049426 - 06/15/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
I always thought of that, but thought that it would be a waste.  Its not worth it to eat the sludge though.  Those chunks stay stuck in your teeth the duration of the trip.

Yeah, you don't want to have to deal with that - the tea can hit so hard that if you eat the sludge then you start thinking oh I want to brush my teeth - and then you end up in the dreaded bathroom, the place I avoid at all costs while tripping.

Really you should go into it with the thought that the tea alone will be enough to do the trick. And if you're worried about missing out on some, up your dose ever so slightly. :smile:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineZeke0
Shnoicest
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Dimension
    #7049432 - 06/15/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Dreaded bathroom? I usually spend too much time in there. Any particular reason for the dread?

--------------------
Humanity's Gone, Smoked Up In A Gravity Bong, By A Democrat-Republican Cheech And Chong

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7049433 - 06/15/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

lol. I hate the bathroom tripping.

And Wal-Mart.

--------------------
Grow Room

Male

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: Zeke0]
    #7049435 - 06/15/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Zeke0 said:
Dreaded bathroom? I usually spend too much time in there. Any particular reason for the dread?

Probably left over weirdness from my first mushroom experience - which is silly, because there have been at least fifty since then. I just don't enjoy the bathroom. I don't enjoy mirrors, on psilocybin at least. LSD makes me WANT to look in the mirror. But not mushrooms. I just can't deal with the sterile feeling of bathrooms on mushrooms.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#7049438 - 06/15/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
lol.  I hate the bathroom tripping. 

And Wal-Mart.

Try Macy's in Herald Square, New York City, during Christmas week, on LSD. Man, that was such a bad idea. :lol:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineZeke0
Shnoicest
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7049440 - 06/15/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The mirror is the aspect i love about it.

--------------------
Humanity's Gone, Smoked Up In A Gravity Bong, By A Democrat-Republican Cheech And Chong

OfflineZeke0
Shnoicest
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7049445 - 06/15/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

NYC on Halloween is a great idea.

--------------------

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7049446 - 06/15/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Try driving by your house peaking when the tire falls off your friends car in front of it at around 6:00pm during a family reunion and thats the only place that you can go to make a phone call.

--------------------
Grow Room

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7049448 - 06/15/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i was peaking on DXM which makes it so much worse.

--------------------
Grow Room

OfflineTrip_Messiah
شځﯓﭽﮡ
 User Gallery

Loc: Bowels of the under earth
    #7049532 - 06/15/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
lol. I hate the bathroom tripping.

And Wal-Mart.

I think walmart tripping is quite fun. especially in the toy isle!

--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: Trip_Messiah]
    #7059330 - 06/17/07 10:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The mirror while stoned drives me nucking futs man!!

the mirror on shrooms isnt as bed, because it doesnt make me anylise my life and who i am as much, and i dont mind that i look wierd because i know im trippin out...lol

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: AntiEverything]
    #7059388 - 06/17/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in"?

20 minutes.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinees_f1
Madman
Male User Gallery

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: yageman]
    #7059863 - 06/18/07 12:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It depends on lots of variables for me, like if i've eaten recently, weather i've consumed any other drugs at the same time, those kinds of things. but i've had to wait a whole hour quite a few times. a lot of this time it can become irritating though, because my friends will be high as a kite and acting like a bunch of goof offs like most people on mushrooms do, and i have to sit there waiting for the shit to kick in.

--------------------
I have to return some video tapes...

OfflineGregoravich
Stranger

Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: es_f1]
    #7059874 - 06/18/07 12:55 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think the longest was around two hours. But I'm pretty sure it was because I had ate not long before that and they were capsules. It was only 1.5 grams so I ended up just feeling like shit and not being able to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking.

--------------------
*Everything I Post Is Fictional*

OfflineDiscipleofGarcia
Traveller on theroad to Zion
Male

Loc: Pepperland
Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: Gregoravich]
    #7062306 - 06/18/07 04:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

75 mins

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: the longest time you had to wait until the shrooms kicked in [Re: DiscipleofGarcia]
    #7062932 - 06/18/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

id say 3+ hours is unusually long for me, but it's happened a few times.

usually it takes about 1:45-2:00, like clockwork. Yawns usually start after an hour and a half, then laughing starts.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies