Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: last casing attempt before switching to cakes [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #7039856 - 06/12/07 10:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Dude.. yeah you count that but.. spawn run, casing time, then pin formation... alot more time ... and alot more time for contams to get hold..

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: last casing attempt before switching to cakes [Re: Grogan]
    #7039904 - 06/12/07 10:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

just saying.. 12 cakes per monotub.. a 921 would hold what around 40 pf jars.. thats 3 mono tubs.. in the time it takes you to fiddle with all that substrate and casing stuff.. you can have 2-3 loads of 1/2 pints thats like.. 100 pf jars.. just use a dish washer for them..

if they put off 7 grams dry per cake, thats 700 grams..

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

#7039947 - 06/12/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

wanna race? lol

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: last casing attempt before switching to cakes [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #7039972 - 06/12/07 10:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Like I said if I was a pf master.. I would haha.. NEVER EVER did the pf tech.. just saw some good grows by fahster!

Just saying theres SOOOOOO much prep.. if you just wanted ez shrooms.. that would be it!! Maybe not the BIGGEST shrooms.. but if it has higher BE then it just does! I mean you could get REALLY fast with that. WBS rye and such its EZ to make a huge mess.. then having to clean for the spawning etc.. lots of work!!

Dishwasher, PC and tons of flours pre-mixed with verm... just add water when ready lol..

--------------------

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#7040020 - 06/12/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Easy shrooms. Exactly. Until you grow bulk.

My entire point was that trying to grow large amounts of mushrooms via PF Tek is simply inefficient.

If you can't get for-your-effort, better yields from bulk substrate, notwithstanding the additional complexity and issues...

You need to reexamine how you do things.

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery

Re: last casing attempt before switching to cakes [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7040047 - 06/12/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Speaking from my experiance, I would think that going back to basics would be a good idea. If you can't make casings or bulk substrate work, then starting from scratch, from where many people start, can give you the base knowledge you need.

My first grow was done strictly following the PF Tek method. In no way was I expecting to grow pounds, but I felt I was being well enough rewarded for my efforts. Then I tried one bulk substrate grow and one casing grow. Both were horrible disasters...So, I went back to basics. Back to tried and true. Now, having enough experiance under my belt, I feel confident enough that I could make a bulk or casing work. I've just decided that I will stick with what I know works, and I'm happy with that.

My two cents.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow: Cambodian Grow Log :mushroomgrow:

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: last casing attempt before switching to cakes [Re: CaptTrip]
    #7040134 - 06/12/07 11:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Captain v. Captain!

1) This guy grew, and is familiar with, PF.
2) You, at least from what you say, have never had a successful bulk grow. He's had several successful, if not prolific, bulk grows.
3) Is that even relevant? This guy didn't go back to PF for experience, or nuance, but yield. Unrealistic.

OfflineDiabloSmurf
Shake it.. Shakeit.. sugaree!
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #7040137 - 06/12/07 11:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ive had PF cakes yeild more then some casings ive had. i love this thread.

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery

Re: last casing attempt before switching to cakes [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7040174 - 06/12/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CaptainLinger said:
Captain v. Captain!

1) This guy grew, and is familiar with, PF.
2) You, at least from what you say, have never had a successful bulk grow. He's had several successful, if not prolific, bulk grows.
3) Is that even relevant? This guy didn't go back to PF for experience, or nuance, but yield. Unrealistic.

From reading his post, I was under the assumption he had never grown PF style. I guess I took his terminology of "trying pf cakes" too literally. Also I understood that he hasn't had decent results with bulk grow...I'm talking about the original thread maker though. Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow: Cambodian Grow Log :mushroomgrow:

Edited by CaptTrip (06/12/07 11:25 PM)

Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
I think you have the right idea [Re: CaptTrip]
    #7043735 - 06/13/07 09:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Moon_glue

MGMC seems to work for a lot of folks Blutjager uses it and from the pics I've seen he gets excellent results.  I'm planning on trying it with a few of my jars from my next grow.  Your techniques sound good according to my reading.  Pictures would be helpful though.  Also it occurred to me that your casing might not have been at proper field capacity when created in the first place.  Perhaps too moist?  I asked Blutjager about how he prepares his MGMC.  He kindly replied with the following
Quote:

Just take out any sticks or anything that seem like it shouldn't be there,some bags have few and some have none but I just take them out if I see them,than I pasteurize.Monstermitch spells it out good in this >> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5669077/an/0/page/0 thread,scroll down till you see the pasteurization part.The only thing I do differently is I never hydrate it ahead of time,I find it allot easier to apply when it is dry and it also gives you better control of your moisture as you will begin spraying it down till it glistens anyway

I've read about people using straight vermiculite as a casing before but it's said that it isn't an optimal micro climate.  I'm still a little hazy on the micro climate concept as far as everything that entails.  I get that you need a moisture reservoir the rest ... well I guess you'll have to figure that one out.

I think you have the right idea about doing some BRF cakes and doing some cased grain spawn.  I'm doing the same thing.  Who cares what tek you use.  The point is to amuse yourself in the process, or at least that's the point of my being in this hobby.  Find out what you like and go with it.

I'd listen to RR about the corn though.  It probably wouldn't hurt to switch to rye or WBS.  He's always given me 100% accurate advice in the past. 

Now as far as your misting goes I think your supposed to fan then mist.  Make sure to do that at a distance so you get a nice ultra fine mist and spray upward not directly at the casing.  You probably are already doing that but I thought it worth mentioning.  I've read it so many times in so many threads it must be important.  I've never misted my casings.  They were too moist to begin with.

I hope that helps.  :goodluck:  I hope your next grow gives you fruits the size of Ron Jeremy's ... money maker. :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder