Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass.
    #7039468 - 06/12/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, so I'm 21, and I've got an older brother (two older brothers, but this one's only about the middle) who's 25. He's currently living off my parents, but so am I. The difference is he refused to move out of his apartment, and somehow worked my parents into paying for his rent, his truck, (which isn't paid for yet), his insurance, his dog, his gas, his food, etc., while he attended fire acadamy etc.

He's been out of the acadamy for over a month, still doesn't have a job, sits around, etc.

Anyway, we got in an argument today, about jobs and stuff. Finally at some point he called me a fucking bum. Now here's the thing. I've had a stable job at my restaurant since 2005, I'm making bank etc, and finally got a server position at Macaroni Grill. I've got a few grand in cash saved up, so I walked into my room, walked back out, walked up to him, and slapped him in the face with cash, thousands of dollars worth, so he got pissed and we ended up cussing each other out etc, finally I called him out and told him to quit using our parents.

Then the next thing I hear is he told my parents "You know, now that I'm a firefighter, it's my duty to report things like drug use to the cops, so if he ever gets arrested..."

At that point I lost it. In honesty, I'd rather serve 4 years manslaughter for going insane and killing someone than serve 20+ years for lsd charges. I was thinking of that as an option... (but I'm not really a murderer so).

I'm so pissed. My own brother threatens to fucking ruin my life after I told him to get his ass in gear and quit using our parents. I may not start a fight with him here, but I will knock the fuck outa him the next time I see him on the street. He's 100lb more than me, that doesn't matter I'll still knock the fuck outa him when I lose it.

I'm very very pissed atm.

What should I do? >:O

Edited by DRTMaverick (06/12/07 08:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
Re: My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass. [Re: Maverick]
    #7039479 - 06/12/07 08:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wow what a dirt bag.. Ive got no idea what you should do.

Id probably just do nothing and get high.

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #7039482 - 06/12/07 08:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sever all ties and move. having snakes like that near you is dangerous in the long run, brother or not.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7039484 - 06/12/07 08:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

mind your own bisness and he will do the same it sounds.

think this is his main point.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass. [Re: Acyl]
    #7039486 - 06/12/07 08:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah that's my final solution atm. Gonna toke up a bowl. But that's so fucked up. He was laughing at me earlier. If it was anyone else I wouldn't have cared, but he's my brother. I've tried for years to establish a brotherly connection, and everything he's ever done has smashed and destroyed my attempts.

Also, if the minding my own business problem is a thing, that's not an option, as they're my parents too, taking a grand a month from them affects me in many ways, mostly through seeing my mother stress out everyday to make bills meet. plus he never minds his business.

Edited by DRTMaverick (06/12/07 08:38 PM)

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7039487 - 06/12/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

that sucks dude. sounds like you need some time to cool off and then you should talk to him about it. tell him everything honestly, tell him how you feel. I find no matter how "manly" or "tough" your siblings are, if you approach them with the words "your my brother and if i cant talk to you then i cant talk to anybody" or "your my family, man," they usually work. it tends to get inside of the sibling and make them sympathetic.

Just tell him how you feel. try to get emotion into it other than anger. dont involve anger at all. if you can act sort of sad. if your brother loves you it will crush his soul to see you approaching him this way.

thats all i can suggest really. Im pretty sure that if the police dont find and LSD on you they cant do anything. I dont think they would just take the word of a sibling due to a fight. stash it at a friends house possibly? they cant get a search warrant there without a lot more effort.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
    #7039494 - 06/12/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Theres no way hes going to agree to how much of a mooch he is to your face.. he'll just keep denying it and will probably just start shit outta it.

Do what the others said, just ignore the guy.. cause deep down he knows what he is.

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass. [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7039495 - 06/12/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I don't even keep the stuff at the house if I can help it. I'd rather keep my parents as uninvolved as possible, as they detest drugs but accept me anyway.

It's been a problem since we were kids. I used to want an older brother, I used to try to hang out with him, but he's pushed me away since I was a kid. Even on my 21st birthday he didn't want to go out and get a fucking beer with me.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #7039559 - 06/12/07 09:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm 21 and it's the opposite.  My 16 y/o brother thinks he's tough shit.  He started his own little gang fantasy thing, he's got the signs and all established.  We've had some family issues, (dad coming out of the closet, mom dying shortly after, basically a new family member dies every year since '02).  So he thinks because the world dealt him some shitty cards he can turn against society and say fuck everyone.  He has no respect for me or my dad, who hands him money left and right, and it's really drowning my dad's spirits. 

We have nothing in common anymore, sometimes I wish I could either make my bro either cut the shit out or disappear forever. :nonono:

Offlinesurge
Scream
Male

Loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Re: My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass. [Re: Newbie]
    #7039621 - 06/12/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

its not the amount of blood that makes a family connection but love itself (some of my friends that are real good ill look at as a family). When he trys to pull that lowest shit ever tell him to never look at you as a brother until he deserves to have that connection with you ( i can relate a bit with my sisiter and this weird family) but your parents sound pretty cool tho so treat them a little to something since they got already a stress to deal with, you can make a difference to their troubles. (mine are old so i try)

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry field
Re: My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass. [Re: surge]
    #7039813 - 06/12/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

my sister and i are the opposite situation. we're cordial with each other, but rarely interact. we're cordial with our parents, but rarely interact.

my family is fucked so everyone does their thing. 4 people separated by like 3000 miles.

everyone works and supports themselves, our parents give us money for holidays and occasions. i haven't asked for anything from them for 4ish years.

money has a bad way of coming between family and friends

OfflineSlizz
Not a stranger
Male

#7039880 - 06/12/07 10:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DRTMaverick said:
Alright, so I'm 21, and I've got an older brother (two older brothers, but this one's only about the middle) who's 25. He's currently living off my parents, but so am I. The difference is he refused to move out of his apartment, and somehow worked my parents into paying for his rent, his truck, (which isn't paid for yet), his insurance, his dog, his gas, his food, etc., while he attended fire acadamy etc.

He's been out of the acadamy for over a month, still doesn't have a job, sits around, etc.

Anyway, we got in an argument today, about jobs and stuff. Finally at some point he called me a fucking bum. Now here's the thing. I've had a stable job at my restaurant since 2005, I'm making bank etc, and finally got a server position at Macaroni Grill. I've got a few grand in cash saved up, so I walked into my room, walked back out, walked up to him, and slapped him in the face with cash, thousands of dollars worth, so he got pissed and we ended up cussing each other out etc, finally I called him out and told him to quit using our parents.

Then the next thing I hear is he told my parents "You know, now that I'm a firefighter, it's my duty to report things like drug use to the cops, so if he ever gets arrested..."

At that point I lost it. In honesty, I'd rather serve 4 years manslaughter for going insane and killing someone than serve 20+ years for lsd charges. I was thinking of that as an option... (but I'm not really a murderer so).

I'm so pissed. My own brother threatens to fucking ruin my life after I told him to get his ass in gear and quit using our parents. I may not start a fight with him here, but I will knock the fuck outa him the next time I see him on the street. He's 100lb more than me, that doesn't matter I'll still knock the fuck outa him when I lose it.

I'm very very pissed atm.

What should I do? >:O

from this story it seems as if none of you are tough...

--------------------
Sounds of the Skreet Vol. 1

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass. [Re: Nashbar]
    #7039884 - 06/12/07 10:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

what are these lsd charges?

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #7039889 - 06/12/07 10:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i'm gonna have to say that you were wrong in the first place in starting the confrontation with him. it's really between him and your parents. it's one thing to suggest to him to get his act together, it's another thing to belittle him by slapping him in the face with a wad of money, especially since it sounds like you guys aren't on the best terms to begin with. sure, he didn't do the right thing by even mentioning reporting you to the police, that sure is a shitty thing to even hint at doing, but you did start it.

if he's really putting a strain on your parents financial situation, and they aren't living as happily as they could be, just give your parents your opinion. don't tell them what to do with their money, just tell them the way you see it. if neither your parents nor your brother change what's happening, just let it be. things will eventually work themselves out, they always do.

i'd suggest hiding your stash well just in case something does come of what happened though.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My brother... who treats me like shit... brotherhood my ass. [Re: nightkrawler]
    #7039908 - 06/12/07 10:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The original argument started with him saying he could hit people in the head with an ax and get away with it because he was gonna be a firefighter.

And yes it was wrong I admit to slap him in the face with money... but he's gonna call me a 'fucking bum' I gotta slap him with something to prove him wrong... I just did it literally..

Edited by DRTMaverick (06/12/07 10:22 PM)

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #7039956 - 06/12/07 10:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DRTMaverick said:
The original argument started with him saying he could hit people in the head with an ax and get away with it because he was gonna be a firefighter.

:lol: sounds like he's hardly at the maturity level to be a firefighter.

Quote:

DRTMaverick said:
And yes it was wrong I admit to slap him in the face with money... but he's gonna call me a 'fucking bum' I gotta slap him with something to prove him wrong... I just did it literally..

well, even if you didn't start it, that's what it stemmed from. by doing that to him you probably really made him feel like a waste of life, and his attitude was to mention doing something that would really get back at you. i think you're really both in the wrong here, but try to make amends. he is still your brother after all.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains