Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushmellowman
Stranger
 User Gallery

problems with my uncased tubs
    #7037751 - 06/12/07 12:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

alright I got 2 tubs probably 12" by 6" and the debth of the spawn it 2 1/2 " I let the spawn run go for 3- 4 days I had even popup's so i put them into fruiting by exposing them to 8 - 10 hours per day with a 3x daily mist and fann... but it looks like they ar headed for overlay and I really have never had that problem be4 and I have used the same methods... I have done a search on the boards so I set them by an open window for today and now it looks like a green tint is forming on half of my HPoo spawn and the other is very rzhmorpic

well I set up something today to lower the humidity because i figured I wasn't giving enough FAE to trigger fruiting so I hooked up an aquarium pump for 20-60 gal. and drilled 2 -1/2 cm holes on each corner of the tub... the holes are to small to stuff poly fil (which you can find in the arts and crafts department of your walmart for 3$) I am hoping that it gives it the most FAE it needs all the while dropping the humidity until I can see pins at that point I will remove the air tubes... but it has been about 11days and I haven't seen any pins which has never happened to me .. I believe it's because my area is 12 " below rainfall average for the month so it has been keeping the humidity down I've never had a problem fanning and misting 2x to 4x a day with any of my previous casings... but now they are starting to overlay so I sat them out on an open window for about an hour then recovered with serran wrap and drilled holes 2x for each corner probably 1/4th a cenimeter diameter for each hole... I know that there is over pressure because the serran wrap is puffed up and looks like it... so I'm gonna give it a few days and I should expect pins as soon as I see them I'm gonna remove the FAE and fan for 24-48 hours I know that the rooms like it extra moist right at the fruting stage... if anyone can tell me if I'm on the right track or if I need to change anything I would greatly appreciate it... I know that I've f*'ed with them more than I usually do and not let them take there natural course but overlay PO's me beyond F'n belief :P -thanks for the help Mush

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: problems with my uncased tubs [Re: mushmellowman]
    #7037757 - 06/12/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It's tough to tell whether you have overlay or not without pics.

Why would you be deliberately dropping the humidity as you try to fruit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix