Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

LC setup
    #7037216 - 06/12/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, i read a really good tek for LC beginners... I am hooked now. i wanna do this asap. I will be on my way in a bit to gather the supplies needed... before i go i wanted to get some feedback on a couple unclear procedures.

1. Once i make a hole in the lid for inoculation, i wanted to use silicone 2 to fill the hole for injections site... except if i go that route do i need to make another hole and place micropore tape for breathing to take place?
2. Once i inoculate through the silicone 2 hole with the needle will there be a needle hole or does the silicon2 seal the hole once needle is removed? if not do i place micropore tape over the hole the needle makes??
3. what is the best way to stir the LC... do i place a marble into the jar to help stir or what is the recommendation? i heard shaking the lc jar is not good... thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuddhahoodlum
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buddhahood
Re: LC setup [Re: tony8404]
    #7037341 - 06/12/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yes you got it except I would use tyvek instead of micropore tape over the hole. Or better yet just put tyvek under the metal lid and then put micropore tape over the gas excange hole aswell. And yes if you have the correct RTV silicone glue it should heal itself, just make sure you don't yank the needle out to fast or it will pull the silicone glue off. The best way of stirring a lc would be to use a magnetic stir bar but those are pricey so a marble should do ya just fine. Peace

--------------------
“I believe that water will one day be employed as fuel, that hydrogen and oxygen which constitute it, used singly or together, will furnish an inexhaustible source of heat and light, of an intensity of which coal is not capable.” – Jules Verne, T

“Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by power obtainable at any point in the universe...it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheel-work of nature."
- Nikola Tesla

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: LC setup [Re: buddhahoodlum]
    #7037481 - 06/12/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Using Tyvek on any layer of a LC is asking for trouble; he had the right idea using micropore, and only on the top.

You shouldn't need your LC to "breathe". Just make sure you do include some degree of gas in there (don't fill it to the top w/sugarwater)

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC setup [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7037547 - 06/12/07 11:18 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

so i should just make the one inoculation hole using the silicone method for inoc port and once i inoculate place micro pore tape to be safe ?

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: LC setup [Re: tony8404]
    #7037647 - 06/12/07 11:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yep! Although the whole idea of using the silicone self-healing port is that you won't need to put *any* tape, or sealant, over the hole you create. Just use (relatively) small needles, 16 or smaller, I hear...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags