Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Remember kids, Train time is any time
    #7035390 - 06/11/07 11:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So the other afternoon, I woke up at 2pm and saw that it was a beautiful day outside and figured "I want to go for a hike", packed up my bags and went to my usual location for a walk out to The Brickworks.

Generally, I'll either just call it quits there and hike back home after chilling for a bit, or venture up further for another half hour/hour or so then backtrack. However, after doing this back and forth a time too many, I decided to see if I could 'explore' and find an alternate way home that did not involve simply repeating my steps to get there.

So, I eye about and notice a trail going off into the distance - I had been to similar spots along the trail before, but usually backtracked because I could never find any connecting paths. However, Today I was determined to find a new way home, and I knew that there had to be /some/ paths connecting, as I knew there were trails on the other side, and I've seen people zip around on bikes before.

I get down to this one trail and it leads to some train tracks. I've walked along (I think these ones...) a few times before, and there is allot of plant growth along them which has me /thinking/ they are not in use. I follow the tracks for a bit, and come to a really long bridge - I saw another group of people sitting in the middle of the bridge, however the idea of crossing this bridge, especially with it

1. being so long
2. not 100% sure its not in use
3. no side-rails
4. no solid ground, between the railroad tracks was just empty air

So, I backtrack and find a new way down to some even more paths - at this point, I'm butt-fuck lost and no idea where I am, but not minding, I figure - hey, it is Toronto, there is only so lost someone can get, and - as there are some well worn trails I'm walking around, people have been here before.

Eventually I find myself at a main road, and near some paths that I recognize, and off to the side - I see a less-trodden path that I had not noticed before, and decide to dart off that way instead of taking the way I know. I've walked that other path a dozen times or so, and it can be a little over-populated by people which can be annoying when I want some me time.

While going down this path, it weaves into some nice foresty type areas, then cuts back out to the road for a bit, then back to some paths - while walking along - the 'trail' comes to an end, and the only path I can take is either walk along the road (boring), or - go through a hole I notice cut out in a fence.

I decide to go exploring some more, this leads me to some more train tracks - again, they look like they are not in much use. There are some tallish plants growing and I think to myself 'if these trains were in use, these probably wouldn't be here', and carry on along the train-tracks for awhile.

Now and then, I'd see paths leading off into the distance and I'd go exploring - found some really great spots to sit and relax that are not as 'spoiled' by people as the areas I'd walk out to last year. When stuff is this out of the way and inconvient to get to, I guess the appeal to go there just isnt as high.

Anyways, to make a long story short - after walking along these trails/tracks for a few hours (and combined with all my previous times walking in similar/same areas, just different sides of it, as a river cuts through the middle of the valley), and seeing other people at various other tracks, I start to figure these tracks are simply not in use anymore and get confident that I dont need to worry about trains.

I get side-tracked by one last path, however - it lead to a dead-end that offered no further exploration chances, atleast at that time of day in my current clothes (kept walking through stinging nettles which was getting annoying, if I had pants and not shorts on perhaps....), so I backtrack and hop back onto the tracks without giving things a proper look, next thing I know

*HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK*

I hear a train-horn blast behind me, I nearly shit myself and jump  across to sets of tracks to some land off to the side just as the train zips past me (well, there was still a couple of seconds between the horn and me being in a safe spot), but needless to say - it was quite the startle, esp being a bit spaced out (but thankfully sober) in my music.

Now I'm in a pickle - I'm not so comfortable walking along the tracks now, but I had walked this way quite a bit, and not sure when the next exit point would be (and backtracking would take a long time), so I suck it up and venture forward, and notice in the distance a road-sign that I recgonize. Thankfully, jsut at that spot - there was a drain-type thing under a fence, so I threw my bag under it, crawled under the fence  onto a busy road (prob gave people driving by a bit of a 'what the fuck?'), and ran back to the main roads and off of the tracks :smile:

So remember kids - Train time is any time, even if you've been walking along the tracks for a couple of hours, they look unused and your confident that there wont be one blasting up the track behind you to.

:smile:

Edited by kaniz (06/11/07 11:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: Remember kids, Train time is any time [Re: kaniz]
    #7035465 - 06/11/07 11:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Damn that would probly scare the shit out of me too. Imagine if u did decide to walk across that bridge and this were to happen there? There wouldnt be many options of getting out of the way, cept running and hoping u get to the end and jump off the tracks before the train catches up with u and runs u over.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Remember kids, Train time is any time [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #7035580 - 06/11/07 11:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Haha... nice story :smile:  Do you think you would've been at the train's mercy if the conductor didn't blow that horn?  If so, you've got a lifesaver out there, which is always a good thing IMO.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #7035806 - 06/12/07 12:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fantasylndvictm said:
Imagine if u did decide to walk across that bridge and this were to happen there? There wouldn't be many options of getting out of the way, cept running and hoping u get to the end and jump off the tracks before the train catches up with u and runs u over.

I've had to run from a train across a bridge like 3 or 4 times before. There's a train bridge that crosses the river that we used to hang out and get stoned at in high school. It had a walkway on the side and some wire guard rails but if we would have stayed on the tracks we would have only been like a foot from the train.

This one time were were riding our bikes across the walkway on the bridge and a train came, I just about shit my pants that time. My tires kept getting caught in the gap between the boards and slowing me up, luckily I was able to make it across.

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: Remember kids, Train time is any time [Re: RobMarley420]
    #7035866 - 06/12/07 12:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's crazy that would scare the shit out of me, cuz there aint not stoppin a train thats for sure. I've been a couple of feet away from a train before and thats scary enough I sure as hell wouldnt want to be only a foot away.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Remember kids, Train time is any time [Re: kake]
    #7039087 - 06/12/07 08:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kake said:
Haha... nice story :smile:  Do you think you would've been at the train's mercy if the conductor didn't blow that horn?  If so, you've got a lifesaver out there, which is always a good thing IMO.

Not sure, as I was going to be heading over to the other side of that track anyways. I'm just glad I wasn't on LSD or something, where when something grabs my attention I have a tendency to stand there stare at it while I try to comprehend what it is so I can respond, as well - in that moment of trying to comprehended, would of had me going splat :P

I recall being blitzed on LSD one day and walking on the more populated/safe and non-train-track trails, and trying to figure out if any bikes were heading my way or not so I could safely re-enter the path and not get hit by a bike, let alone a train.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #7039238 - 06/12/07 09:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That whole thing reads like some kind of elaborate metaphor

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

OfflineLloydChristmas
getting lost on purpose
Male User Gallery

Loc: atx Flag
    #7039256 - 06/12/07 09:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lean On Me anyone?

--------------------

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
    #7039276 - 06/12/07 09:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yo dude you say your near the brickworks eh? i live in east york too. where you at? im at broadview and mortimer. near pape. how bout you?

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom