Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepinky2totters
Stranger
 User Gallery

A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow!
    #7034130 - 06/11/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a preview of the very long grow log I plan to make.

Also, I"m curious when i should pick 'em. There are a bunch that seems to be about a day behind some of the others in terms of maturation. I'm curious if I should wait for the earlier or the latter to mature before I pick. Can't wait for another dunk.

I have a 2 headed one somewhere in there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7034155 - 06/11/07 04:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineJazzCatCF
Teo-nanacatl
Male

Loc: here today gone tommorow
    #7034165 - 06/11/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

lookin pretty good:thumbup:I say pickiem all the same time,unless youre getting heavy spore deposits.To me, it doesnt seem to really mess with potency all that much if the caps are open.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there it is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."

The Mazatec Wise Woman, Maria Sabina (1894-1985)

Offlinepinky2totters
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #7034181 - 06/11/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks. MY pinset is uneven i Thikn because of multispore innoc, everything else occured aboslutely beautifully.

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! *DELETED* [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #7034182 - 06/11/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Mankey

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! [Re: Mankey]
    #7034216 - 06/11/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

There is a point when they will stop producing psilocybin, but keep growing. Its ideal to pick them as close as possible to the time they stop producing the psilo simply because you want to have to eat as little mushroom matter as possible. At full grown, you'll be eating a 50-70 gram shroom to get the same amount of psilocybin as is in a much smaller, younger shroom. If you like the taste of shrooms, let 'em grow, if you can't stand the tate, pick 'em just before the veil completely breaks. All in all the time to pick them is pretty much attuned to how much inactive shroom matter you want to have to eat.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! [Re: joekenorer]
    #7034339 - 06/11/07 05:01 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Congrats.

--------------------

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
    #7034437 - 06/11/07 05:28 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

joekenorer said:
There is a point when they will stop producing psilocybin, but keep growing. Its ideal to pick them as close as possible to the time they stop producing the psilo simply because you want to have to eat as little mushroom matter as possible. At full grown, you'll be eating a 50-70 gram shroom to get the same amount of psilocybin as is in a much smaller, younger shroom. If you like the taste of shrooms, let 'em grow, if you can't stand the tate, pick 'em just before the veil completely breaks. All in all the time to pick them is pretty much attuned to how much inactive shroom matter you want to have to eat.

Popular myth is as good as fact when no one really knows anything! Potency is impossible to determine scientifically without expensive equipment. We don't know precisely WHEN they stop producing psilocybin, so how can we assume? Personally, I let the veil break, and if I have other things to do I don't give a damn if it does invert. I know very well that I'm still going to trip from it, and I can't say I've seen my cakes produce less yield than anyone else's.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7034494 - 06/11/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

figgus--exactly. I have no idea when it stops. I wait for the veil to break. If I knew when it stopped I would post that information because it would be very useful. I just know that a pin has much less psilo than a fruit, and that a fruit has not much less than an adult, and an adult has the same from the moment the veil breaks til it dies. I'm sure theres some variation due to genetics, but I know I've eaten some dinner plate sizers that were no more effective that newly broken veils. Its real disappointing to find that giant shroom in a field and take it home, eat the WHOLE thing and get close to the effect of eating 1 shroom. I'm not claiming to be a biologist, just speaking from experience.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Offlinepinky2totters
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7034687 - 06/11/07 06:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

103 G wet from 3 cakes. Good or small?

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#7034700 - 06/11/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know. I've always hunted mine, never grown them. In fact, why did I just reply? Oh yeah, I'm bored.

--------------------

OfflineIlovesex
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7034723 - 06/11/07 06:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think 103g wet is good for three cakes.

Offlinepinky2totters
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! [Re: Ilovesex]
    #7034748 - 06/11/07 06:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This was a two headed monster

This is the first flush altogether.

OfflineDiabloSmurf
Shake it.. Shakeit.. sugaree!
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #7035030 - 06/11/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the double headed guy is sweeet.

Awesome man you did a great job

Offlineslot
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Re: A Beautiful Flush, my First Grow! [Re: DiabloSmurf]
    #7035095 - 06/11/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hah, let us know how the monster tastes.

--------------------
I just lied to you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder