Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis!
    #7032558 - 06/11/07 05:37 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I want to share this letter, which  I wrote to tech support just now, with all you Shroomers who were supportive, informative, fun and just plain freaky folks for me here....the rest of you...I still wish you well as I do everyone else...let's all get a life...me included, as you will see as you read!  lol...sigh...xxxooo

Hello Shroomery guys...
I just went through a Shroomery odyssey!
Background: Wife does mushrooms in H.S.
married, teacher and mother 26 years later wife (me) in attempt to assist husband with his mid-life crisis, describes mushrooms to husband, (who did acid 100 times during H.S. saw the Dead/Hot Tuna etc.) who is also a teacher, and is a father and, like I said, husband. :smile:
Husband grows mushrooms...trips...loves it needless to say. Wife and he trip together...enlightenment occurs over time, reintroducing use of weed in our evenings, increased communication/introspection etc.

In her introspection wife surfs the Shroomery, but finds out that while she finds it comprehensive and fascinating,
she doesn't "fit in" on most levels, being an "old" (44) female, straight laced teacher (why don't some of the posters believe that even though it's true? :smile: lol )...and so she goes to "chat" to find someone intelligent to pm with as an outlet for some personal/family frustration and ADD issues etc.

She, (I) found a young man...22 years old, and he, unless he was just telling me what I wanted to hear...and I didn't get that impression, seemed like someone I could REALLY enjoy spending quality talking, tripping, and  cuddling time with. We started "talking" about getting together...me traveling from NY State, him from B.C., for us to meet in another Canadian city this summer...
I was surprised and petrified over how I felt so strongly for this individual I'd never met....and backed off last night. I feel as if I found a soul-mate and let him go. I'm upset even though I believe I have made the right decision to follow through on commitments I have made to the best of my ability....

WOW! So much preamble...I can't say I'll never be back....it's just that I'm feeling overwhelmed. Thanks for your cool site, and today's assistance/social work...for me, myinnerchild and I.
Happy trails to you, HIGH fives!

This is such a mind blower man...! Thanks. XXXOOO

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Edited by MyInnerChild (06/12/07 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7032562 - 06/11/07 05:43 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So you were gonna cheat on your husband, but didn't at the last minute?
Who was the kid? You don't have to go because of that.
Alot of us have banged other shroomerites... or tried to.

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7032573 - 06/11/07 06:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you and your husband could use this:

www.altplayground.net

Good luck!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #7032630 - 06/11/07 07:13 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
I want to share this letter, which  I wrote to tech support just now, with all you Shroomers who were supportive, informative, fun and just plain freaky folks for me here....the rest of you...I still wish you well as I do everyone else...let's all get a life...me included, as you will see as you read!  lol...sigh...xxxooo

Hello Shroomery guys...
I just went through a Shroomery odyssey!
Background: Wife does mushrooms in H.S.
married, teacher and mother 26 years later wife (me) in attempt to assist husband with his mid-life crisis, describes mushrooms to husband, (who did acid 100 times during H.S. saw the Dead/Hot Tuna etc.) who is also a teacher, and is a father and, like I said, husband. :smile:
Husband grows mushrooms...trips...loves it needless to say. Wife and he trip together...enlightenment occurs over time, reintroducing use of weed in our evenings, increased communication/introspection etc.

In her introspection wife surfs the Shroomery, but finds out that while she finds it comprehensive and fascinating,
she doesn't "fit in" on most levels, being an "old" (44) female, straight laced teacher (why don't some of the posters believe that even though it's true? :smile: lol )...and so she goes to "chat" to find someone intelligent to pm with as an outlet for some personal/family frustration and ADD issues etc.

She, (I) found a young man...22 years old, and he, unless he was just telling me what I wanted to hear...and I didn't get that impression, seemed like someone I could REALLY enjoy spending quality talking, tripping, and  cuddling time with. We started "talking" about getting together...me traveling from NY State, him from B.C., for us to meet in another Canadian city this summer...
I was surprised and petrified over how I felt so strongly for this individual I'd never met....and backed off last night. I feel as if I found a soul-mate and let him go. I'm upset even though I believe I have made the right decision to follow through on commitments I have made to the best of my ability....

WOW! So much preamble just to ask you how I can cancel my site name, password etc. here...I can't say I'll never be back....it's just that I'm feeling overwhelmed. Thanks for your cool site, and today's assistance/social work...for me, myinnerchild and I.
Happy trails to you, HIGH fives!

Please include the full text of this letter in your reply...I, seriously, need to print it out to read to my family counselor when I see her alone in two weeks.

This is such a mind blower man...! Thanks. XXXOOO

Please don't leave the shroomery over this.

I FULLY understand where you are coming from, being 40 myself and having a crush on another female (not my wife).

Be strong and follow your gut feelings, they haven't steered me wrong yet.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: niteowl]
    #7032654 - 06/11/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm telling. :smirk:

No really though, don't leave. :heartpump:

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

#7032739 - 06/11/07 08:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis

--------------------
]

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7032795 - 06/11/07 09:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So, you're not saying you don't love your husband, just the flattering, energetic words of a 22 year old made you feel young and special again?  It's understandable.  Good for you for not going through with it.  You foresaw a mistake, and put an end to it.  I also know you have said that you were going to get off of this site for a while now, yet still keep popping up.  Seriously, it's time to do it already before you do something you will really regret.

My best of luck to you, inner child.  With all the time and focus you spent typing away on this site, you could have been putting that focus toward your marriage and finding a way to bring back those youthful feelings and energy to your marriage.  You're only 44.  You are still young, believe it or not.  Quit using your age as a crutch and start concentrating on your real life, not this imaginary cyber-life we all use as an alter-persona.  You almost got swept up in it, but thank god you didn't do anything to jeopardize your reality.

Best of luck.  Hope I don't talk to you again.  :wink:

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #7032860 - 06/11/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
WOW! So much preamble just to ask you how I can cancel my site name, password etc. here...

You can't cancel them, but you can request an account perma-ban that will render your account inaccessible.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #7032868 - 06/11/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

HA!.

Please ban me because I can't ban myself. Classic. :stoned:

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#7032967 - 06/11/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Or just terrorise an angry moderator for a while. If you really think you're going to constantly have the temptation in front of you, maybe it's best to leave. You can always come back under an assumed identity and not have suave mr 22 year old trying it on again.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7033065 - 06/11/07 10:48 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I wish that 22.year.old was me. I love older womenz.:naughty:

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #7034516 - 06/11/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You guys are too much!!! I feel like I have a bunch of friends who are kind enough to tell me off but nice enough to word it so I don't cry. It's been tough here...peace in the house was threatened from several fronts...I felt totally alone as I faced starting medication for focus issues...
Today was day 4...it wasn't as SPEEEDY as the other days...actually got a lot of quality work done. For good or bad I had NO appetite...I can stand to lose 10 pounds but not more than that. I eschew the anorexic look so popular these days. Breasts are appealing to the male gender and those who starve themselves are doing their honnies a disservice, I feel.
I've been on a roller coaster of feelings and life-script re-writes and I'm just facing more. I'm glad I had this site to voice my turmoil. You're quality friends, truly. Who else could "get" this mind of mine? lol.
I deeply appreciate your responses. Now that I'm focused I guess I'll have to get a summer job....maybe go to the land of Shrooms this summer some time. Lie in the grass, look at the stars and realize how tiny a spark in the universe I am and accept my right to grow as an individual and a member of my family/community and yes...this community!
Happy trails and "high" fives....
XXXOOO MIC

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#7034701 - 06/11/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting story

Don't risk your relation to have sex with a shroomerite. They're mostly bad lays, and I say this from experience. (though really, the only shroomerite I've had sex with is myself)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: djfrog]
    #7035215 - 06/11/07 08:42 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Don't risk your relation to have sex with a shroomerite. They're mostly bad lays, and I say this from experience. (though really, the only shroomerite I've had sex with is myself)

:lolz0rz:

--------------------

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: djfrog]
    #7035223 - 06/11/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i dated a shroomerite once. best sex of my life.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #7035814 - 06/11/07 10:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
i dated a shroomerite once. best sex of my life.

you need to date more people then :P

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

#7040001 - 06/12/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, well, I'd like to clarify a few points...
The young man in question, mature beyond his years, and I both understood that the chances of us actually meeting were about 15% in reality and 85% in fantasy...(but what a sweet fantasy it was!). In that 15%, we both agreed, the chance of us engaging in actual intercourse was close to nil. It could never be considered impossible in that, we already liked and appreciated each other and when two people who are attracted to each other get together well...you just never know right?

I came right out and told him I was petrified at the idea of engaging in actual sex with him (as opposed to virtual sex, wink) even though I was curious to see him face to face.

I finally understood what I hadn't till now...that someone could connect deeply with someone they'd never met live and in person.

So many things "clicked" between us. It's funny that one of those things was us both being Canadian, (eh?). He knows what a loon sounds like!...sigh lol.  I told him that part of me would have preferred that he was a baby, nerd, nut case or pseudo-intellectual like most of the other "chatters" so to make it easier to end it. while I look back at the whole thing as a gift, I also take full responsibility for having engaged him in "conversation" in the first place.

I really hadn't anticipated it taking off like that/taking so much time. It would be 9:30 his time and 12:30 my time and we'd "shmooze" for two hours!

One motivation for ending it was that I simply couldn't invest that much time into it any longer. I don't live alone.

Another was that I found myself really falling for that guy...I was incredulous over the entire thing. I'd suggested meeting ala: "An Affair to Remember" (Cary Grant-Debra Kerr) or "Sleepless in Seattle" (Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan). I'm a self confessed romantic...roll eyes...(there I did it for you lol).

I clicked out that last time with my heart pounding...I'm going to miss him and I won't forget him. Lot's to talk about with my counselor when I see her next...smile.
XXXOOO
Thanks for listening...signed...me, my innerchild and I... :smile:

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #7040040 - 06/12/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Didn't we both agree to keep this whole ordeal hush hush?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#7040090 - 06/12/07 11:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

you're definitely right. i've only ever been in two relationships.

although he was good, damn good. i actually think you might know who it is. but i'm not gonna say anything here.

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#7040499 - 06/13/07 12:40 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
I finally understood what I hadn't till now...that someone could connect deeply with someone they'd never met live and in person.

So many things "clicked" between us...........

Imagine if you will, having met and known this person for over 10 years. A 3-4 year break, then a sudden showing up of them again, in your life when you needed another soul-mate.

I do not believe in coincidence, and think that we are both (gf and I ) ready for each other.

Only time will tell.

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7040794 - 06/13/07 04:37 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
So many things "clicked" between us. It's funny that one of those things was us both being Canadian, (eh?). 

Christ on a crack binge!    She wants to fuck Toadie!!!!

:bouncey:

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #7040812 - 06/13/07 04:52 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

soul mate? ...... nehhhhh not on the internet anyways...... you can find a soul mate in many places... the internet are words...

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #7041045 - 06/13/07 07:23 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
you're definitely right. i've only ever been in two relationships.

although he was good, damn good. i actually think you might know who it is. but i'm not gonna say anything here.

?

:paranoid:

--------------------
]

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #7041920 - 06/13/07 01:01 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ahem....What about your husband? How would he feel about all of this?

P.S. If you need to just get drilled then fly down and hang out with me. I love MILF's.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: Wysefool]
    #7042714 - 06/13/07 04:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

good guess, but no.

Sheepish and i aren't 'dating' we just love each other.

--------------------

--

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7042793 - 06/13/07 04:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting story...

I guess you did what you needed to do. I hope you don't leave though; I finally like you.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
    #7042914 - 06/13/07 04:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yea dont leave that would just suck. :frown:

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #7043207 - 06/13/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the kudos. I try to be a supportive informative friend and I feel that because of that these good vibes surround me right back just when I need it...!

The whole thing started during the tension-filled time before I started my ADD medication. I was full of anxiety over what would happen....I heard about hands shaking, ticks etc. but since I don't have any of the disorders that often accompany ADD ie: depression, bi-polar, paranoia, or schizophrenia I knew it would be a mild dose but I was still on edge. Parenthetically, I told the shrink: "I'm not paranoid. When I think people are talking about me...they really are!". He laughed.
Okay, so both my husband and I thought I was engaging in a little diversion in the chat room. I wrote something provocative and asked if anyone would pm me for details. My Canadian (from B.C.) friend was the only one bold enough to take me up on it. Vive Les Canadiennes! I figured I'd give some nice young man some insights into the female psyche etc. and leave it at that. His future wife would thank me later...Then it happened....
He turned out to have a lot of similar interests to mine, always "spoke" kindly using terms that were supportive, well thought out and seeing more than one side to the issues we discussed. We are both sensuous, meaning cuddly, into camping and non addictive drugs. We both believe that we have a soul. All this came with humour and warmth mixed in. What female with a brain and a heart wouldn't go for that?

I was vulnerable and felt understood. I was curious and felt my adventure expanding...till it got to the point where I thought about him during the day, pictured meeting him and both being shy, it was overwhelming. I spent too much time late at night on the stupid computer and my husband, rightly so, took issue with it at that point.
I tried to end it but there were misunderstandings and hurt feelings back and forth.

Finally I asked to "speak" to him at a specific time and not just when we both happened to be on line. I thanked him for the quality enjoyable time we spent together, and yes, if well worded writing delivers vibes from honest like-minded individuals a person can discover a soul mate that way. One can have more than one and I recommend only following through with one at a time...less complicated, less painful all around that way.
We ended on a note of understanding. I apologized for teasing. I didn't want to hurt anyone and said that I saw that I was digging a hole for myself to fall into and creating a potential dead end for both of us. After all, when he'll be my age I'll be double that!

What I gained was a friend...even if I never "speak" to him again...some elevated self esteem as he appreciated my positive points and liked me even with my negative points, I had a feeling of adventure/discovery and I felt beautiful.

The medication is working...first I was only speeding, feeling anxious and a dry mouth. Sort of like the way up on a mushroom trip. Now I feel effective, more confident and I forgive myself for all those times I felt ineffectual, limited and clueless in the past much of which was due to my "disorder". If only I hadn't effected others in negative ways all that time...ah well...let's take it from here shall we?
Now the question remains....when I'm "down" from my dose...
Am I returning to normal...or abnormal? LOL!!!

UR the Bestest Bunch of Freaks I ever virtually met and I mean that in the nicest way possible.
virtual hugs and kisses all around...xxxooo MIC

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#7044212 - 06/13/07 11:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I thanked him for the quality enjoyable time we spent together, and yes, if well worded writing delivers vibes from honest like-minded individuals a person can discover a soul mate that way. One can have more than one and I recommend only following through with one at a time...less complicated, less painful all around that way.

I feel you there sister.
I too believe that we can have more than one soul-mate.

I believe that we can have MANY soul-mates, we are just searching for the one that best complements us, as we are now. I also believe we can have soul-mates of the same sex......friends who's friendship comes instantly.......like you knew them before.....yet you know that you've never met, not in this life anyway. Those instant friends are soul-mates to, a soul that you had a close relationship in a past life, who came to you in this life to help you.

My wife and I seem to be growing apart, rather than together. Divorce scares the SHIT out of me, but I'm truly not happy living with my wife. I think she may have ADD also and sent you a PM about it. If she DOES have ADD then there may be hope for our marriage........if not, then I may have to go seeking another soul-mate.

I'm not a big believer in coincidence, but I believe.....no I KNOW.....that I have found another soul-mate, who is in the same predicament as I am. I have known her for years, and have always gotten a different vibe from her.
I get butterflies in my tummy when I get near her.

Here within the last 2-3 weeks we have been talking (IM'ing) more and actually met over at a friends house after not seeing her for almost 4 years.......still  got butterflies. After knowing her for over 10 years.........I still get butterflies in my tummy when I'm near her.

Maybe she is the one for me. I could easily see myself married to her.

Maybe my current marriage is meant to die, and I'm to meet up with my new soul-mate.:shrug:
Only time will tell

:peace::bouncysmoke::peace:

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #7045832 - 06/14/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So, you want sex right?

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7045902 - 06/14/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't understand how a romance can be formed over the internet. No offense to anyone who met their love online, I just can't see falling "in love" with someone I meet through just words on a screen. I need that spark that nite owl talked about. That unexplainable attraction you feel when you are near them, and just know in your gut something is special. I don't think I could experience that this way. I can make friends online, but when it comes to romance, I just don't see how that is possible. For me.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7045935 - 06/14/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The internet was invented for people who don't have lives.  :shrug:

Hence my eleven thousand posts.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7046514 - 06/14/07 03:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
The internet was invented for people who don't have lives.  :shrug:

Hence my eleven thousand posts.

It's closer to 12000, no-life.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7047397 - 06/14/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I just want to share the type of "verbal" exchange we had. My ADD makes it hard for me to make myself understood to others not just the more typical symptom of not understanding/grasping what is being communicated by someone else....so when I find someone who's intellectual enough to satisfy my wants there, yet freaky enough to "get" some of the slightly off-beat ideas and thoughts from my mind, I can't help but feel a connection to a person like that.

Here's one of my favorite examples but there were lots. Please note that I have 'fun' exchanges with my ADD husband too...though I 'get' his humour more often that he 'gets' mine. (Kind of Monty Python meets B. Kliban)
Okay, with that said, here it is...
My friend D.S. asked: What are U wearing?
MIC: A bathrobe
D.S.: Aw, disappointing
MIC: Do you want me to lie to you?
D.S.: No
MIC: You'll find me very direct and honest
D.S.: What if I reach over and
D.S.: untie the robe?
MIC: You'll find a nightgown  HAAAaaaaa (He divided it up to tease...cute ploy...works!)

he actually asked to see a pic of me but specified that he didn't mean undressed, that he just wanted to see who he was "speaking to". I said a head n'shoulders shot would be all I would send but that I couldn't because it didn't sit right with me. He expressed disappointment but said he understood under the circumstances. Is that a mature understanding response or what?

MIC: If we ever met, it would have to be in public.
MIC: I don't think you're an axe murderer or anything lol
D.S. Maybe you're an ax murderer jj just joking (He always wrote his short forms out for me knowing I'm new at this..very thoughtful)
MIC: Maybe I'm a stalker
MIC: or a guy! lol
D.S. I don't think you're a guy
MIC: I menstruate and I breast fed my children
D.S. uh, that's enough of that
MIC: I use all the correct words for things...I say penis, not cock
D.S.: Too bad...I have cock pics to show you
MIC: No thanks
D.S.: I own a rooster, get your head out of the gutter mam
MIC: You got me that time!

The way he delivered his writing was as important as what he said...it showed he is a creative thinker. He thought about what he wanted to say before blurting stuff out. He only used 'off colour' language to underline a point. He didn't use it all the time. I appreciate that too. He knows what patchouli oil is...so cool...even corrected my spelling on it...I left out the 't'. I enjoyed an exchange with someone who knew what je mapelle, cesque cest?, and je nes ces quoi mean. I've lived in the States for 2 decades now. I LIKE talking to someone who knows the city I came from. (He lived there a while). He was honest about his "flaws" which became his positive points in my mind b/c he was willing to admit to them, willing to admit he was nervous about stuff and last but not least to prove he's the "prefect" guy....

He puts the toilet seat down!!! Whatta guy! LOL.

I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I apologized. We went through real "courting" in but a few days of exchanges, sometimes provocative, always honest. I miss him. I wish him a great life as he's aiming towards one already and I told him I'd love to attend his wedding whenever it happens just to tell his wife in the nicest way, how jealous I am of her! :smile: He said I'm invited whenever it happens...
Even if I won't ever see him I told him that my good vibes will be "there" for him...warming his heart just as he needs it most at any stage in life that he needs it. I'm dramatic, I'm romantic, I'm silly etc....but I still feel it wasn't just a game but rather that we gained something from each other without having done damage. Only because we stopped it when we did.
Life goes on....
Good night one and all...MIC

Edited by MyInnerChild (06/14/07 07:37 PM)

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7047419 - 06/14/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a dude trying to get a married woman to send him naked pictures over the internet.  :shrug:

Cute, though.  Good night.  Turn off your computer and go cuddle with your husband, will ya?

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7047421 - 06/14/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Not trying to be mean, but that guy has you hook-line-sinker.

If you were my sister I would have to tell you to get the hell away from this guy 'cause it sounds like he's playing you like an X-box.

--"Frank approval from your spouse is worth more than a thousand admiring glances"--

:justdontknow:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#7047491 - 06/14/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Dark_Star?

I love him too haha

MIC: I menstruate and I breast fed my children
D.S. uh, that's enough of that

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7047507 - 06/14/07 08:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Oops I'm wrong... I just figured it out.

Hey where has Dark_Star been anyway?

EDIT: Oh there he is

Edited by WhiskeyClone (06/14/07 08:40 PM)

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

#7048172 - 06/14/07 11:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You're all very sweet for being concerned and putting it into perspective. I'm fully aware that D.S. is a healthy red-blooded Canadian boy with jump'in hormones just like the rest of you...my point was that he was both honest and a gentleman about it. A rare find these days, and very appealing to chicks of quality y'all should know, so polish up those fine points and see what it get's ya!

I've made a deal with my husband...regardless of if we're going for a roll in the hay as they (used to) say, I need a hug every day...I NEED hugs or something inside me dries up! He's being very agreeable...I think he's grateful for my cooperation in getting on the focus stuff...Aderall it's called.

For a comprehensive user friendly book on ADD read driven to distraction by Edward M. Hallowell or go to his website drhaollowell.com  and the best of everything to you!

P.S. Whiskey: Dark Star is a great site name...you got it wrong again though..lol He doesn't frequent this part of the site...
I prefer Not Fade Away...very powerful music, very cool lyrics...

The Dead in 72'-'73 were wail'in man....for real! I was just a little kid then. Never saw them live like me mate did...just as well, I probably wouldn't have been a virgin when I got married.

Dr. C. you need the love of a good woman sir...she's out there somewhere... :smile::heart:

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!-Monty Python.

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Edited by MyInnerChild (06/15/07 12:46 PM)

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7048208 - 06/15/07 12:06 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
You're all very sweet for being concerned and putting it into perspective. I'm fully aware that D.S. is a healthy red-blooded Canadian boy with jump'in hormones just like the rest of you...my point was that he was both honest and a gentleman about it. A rare find these days, and very appealing to chicks of quality y'all should know, so polish up those fine points and see what it get's ya!

Sorry, if you want us to buy that BS, you shouldn't have posted your conversations.  I am glad for him that his lines have had an effect on you, but A.  I tend to save my A game for flesh and blood woman, not for 0's and 1's on a computer screen. and B. he's trying to scam you to send him naked pics and he is doing so in an "honest" and "gentlemen-like way".  That's how we should learn to woo women?  I think I'll buy Dr. Phil's next book while brushing up on DS' Art of Online Seduction 101. 

This is a really odd thread.  I like it.  :cheers:  Did you two have cybersex?  Be honest now.  And if so, you know you have to post it.

--------------------

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7048442 - 06/15/07 02:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wooo hooo...Dr. C...got you go'in man....this is fun isn't it?

Okay, more clarification needed here....You'll only know what happened between us when you know what a loon at dawn on a Northern lake sounds like....soooo....

I don't think it's healthy to conjecture what his motivations are if you don't know him. I can't say I know him so how can you? How very presumptuous of you for doing so and for me if I did! Perhaps I mistakenly gave you the impression that I said I knew his motivation. I'll repeat this but once, I was aware of his delivery style...pleasant, never rude, reasonable, thinking.... I found that impressive.

If he said specifically no nude pictures, I figured he meant...no nude pictures, silly me I should have read between the lines...lol When I said I wouldn't even send a clothed one due to the circumstances of me being committed, and if you answer back to this I'll need to be, committed to an asylum that is...lol, perhaps that was code for I will send you pics...hmmmm...I'll have to ask my shrink if it's normal for ADD folk to talk inside out like that...now who's being dramatic?

We both agreed that a truly committed relationship is only on a strong base when there are two individuals involved who are dedicated to growth both personal and as a couple. When it comes to minds, souls and bodies, we touched minds and perhaps souls though it's hard to bring hard evidence to that...lol...I have to say,we never touched bodies except in fantasy. I made up a few...but we tend to do that...my creative imagination and I. Is that the inner child speaking? Perhaps...tra la!
wink...MIC  :smile:

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#7048686 - 06/15/07 06:37 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Haha Dark_Star popped into my head because of the initials, I had no other reason to guess it was him; he doesn't really fit the profile.

A little detective work solved this intriguing mystery for me. 

The man you speak of was underage when he registered and has not made a post here in years.

Not Fade Away? :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7048695 - 06/15/07 06:51 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is more compelling than a James Patterson novel.

:chew:

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #7049198 - 06/15/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Oh my God....is this Divided_Sky? I know him and have met him in real life.

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7049401 - 06/15/07 12:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, let's stop guessing...it's not tremendously important is it? It's all done with now after all. We sound like a bunch of chicks getting our nails done. Personally, I'd rather climb a tree than get my nails done and I'd rather smoke a bowl than go shopping for clothes. Let's all chill...
He's gone onto living his life...I hope more enriched somehow for having "met" me. I wish him only wonderful things...a pain-free life filled with further growth and enlightenment and more love.

Whiskey- I only brought up Not Fade Away b/c, and I assumed you knew, so sorry, that Dark Star is a Grateful Dead song.
You can find Not Fade Away, I believe, on Live Dead. I'm no Dead Head, only married one...
It starts:
I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna be....
(Drum beat: dum t'dum ta dum dum)
You're gonna give your love to me....(same: dum t'dum ta dum dum)
I'm gonna love you night and day....(dum t'dum ta dum dum)
No our love will not fade away...
Not Fade Away!
Then Garcia launches into an upward spiral of guitar than brings you up and up. If you're high it's pure joy! So's The Eleven which I also compare to an orgasm....builds up and up...comes to a peak then let's you back down. I heard it for the first time after a mushroom tea and lemon juice chaser. I replayed it about 11 times...thus understanding the title better...lol. Sugar Magnolia is like Not Fade Away in it's sweet yet playful quality. St. Stephen and Truck'in are the same in that they're just pure fun with AWESOME jams that blow you away!

On live recordings you hear the crowd go wild after the first two notes of St. Stephen are played. I'm incredulous over that every time. Two notes man and they know what's com'in...what a bunch of Hippy Freaks eh? The cops never had to do crowd control...the Dead paid the Hells Angels to do that for them...whatta place to be....ha!

Sugar Magnolia's 1st chorus:
She's got everything delightful,
She's got everything I need
Takes the wheel when I'm see'in double,
Pays my ticket..when I speed.

I crack a smile every time I hear that and this line from Truck'in:

..I hoped to get some sleep before I travel...
But if you've got a warrant, I guess you're gonna come in. lol!

In the song Deal Garcia sings:
If I told you man, all that went down it would burn off, both of your ears!

Songs about love and lust were always by Pig Pen...while those about gambling were by Garcia...about living without boundaries by Bob Weir and the only songs that ever made sense all the way through in a meaningful way, I feel, were by Phil Lesh like Box of Rain.

There you have it...the world is weird and it's gett'in weirder all the time. Will we survive sane with a life of accomplishment? We can try. I did a ballet work out with a class today. Wrapping up the year...no summer job yet...I want to do portraits on the sidewalk like I've see it done in Central Park....not a salary job but a potential money maker doing something I enjoy very much...wish me luck and the same to y'all!

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Edited by MyInnerChild (06/15/07 12:52 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #7049451 - 06/15/07 12:51 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Dear God, are you all right? You write like you're high on some stimulant, watching a soap opera, and listening to Phish all at the same time.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#7049468 - 06/15/07 12:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Dear God, are you all right? You write like you're high on some stimulant, watching a soap opera, and listening to Phish all at the same time.

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
My ADD makes it hard for me to make myself understood to others

--------------------

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

#7049470 - 06/15/07 12:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

R.F. - The stimulant is Adarall and yes, I'm a born romantic...I don't know Phish...husband does though....and The Other One too... :smile:

Glad you believe in a Higher Power as you understand it....It'll buoy you through some challenging times....
tra la.
MIC

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#7049502 - 06/15/07 01:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Randall happy 5-year reg date anniversary! :birthday:

--------------------

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

#7054007 - 06/16/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I see why I sound confusing at times....

I thought about it over the week-end which isn't over yet. In Jr. high school always felt like Sunday's were a bummer cuz Monday's were right around the corner...lol

I am an enigma...you cannot categorize me.
I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show 50...FIVE-OH times with my female friends over every week-end through grades 9-11.

I am a teacher now and wife and mother in suburbia.

I have many facets to my personality as does everyone but mine are a bit more diverse than some...can't say most b/c there are some fascinating individuals out there....just gotta find 'em.

Travel, curiosity, reading, listening....these all bring a variety of experiences to a person's being. Everything you do, say, and see has an effect on who you are for good or for bad.
Think and you'll be rewarded somehow for it. I believe that. Even if all you gain is your own personal clarity....how nice is that eh?

Have a good one folks!

MIC

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order