Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis!
    #7032558 - 06/11/07 05:37 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I want to share this letter, which  I wrote to tech support just now, with all you Shroomers who were supportive, informative, fun and just plain freaky folks for me here....the rest of you...I still wish you well as I do everyone else...let's all get a life...me included, as you will see as you read!  lol...sigh...xxxooo

Hello Shroomery guys...
I just went through a Shroomery odyssey!
Background: Wife does mushrooms in H.S.
married, teacher and mother 26 years later wife (me) in attempt to assist husband with his mid-life crisis, describes mushrooms to husband, (who did acid 100 times during H.S. saw the Dead/Hot Tuna etc.) who is also a teacher, and is a father and, like I said, husband. :smile:
Husband grows mushrooms...trips...loves it needless to say. Wife and he trip together...enlightenment occurs over time, reintroducing use of weed in our evenings, increased communication/introspection etc.

In her introspection wife surfs the Shroomery, but finds out that while she finds it comprehensive and fascinating,
she doesn't "fit in" on most levels, being an "old" (44) female, straight laced teacher (why don't some of the posters believe that even though it's true? :smile: lol )...and so she goes to "chat" to find someone intelligent to pm with as an outlet for some personal/family frustration and ADD issues etc.

She, (I) found a young man...22 years old, and he, unless he was just telling me what I wanted to hear...and I didn't get that impression, seemed like someone I could REALLY enjoy spending quality talking, tripping, and  cuddling time with. We started "talking" about getting together...me traveling from NY State, him from B.C., for us to meet in another Canadian city this summer...
I was surprised and petrified over how I felt so strongly for this individual I'd never met....and backed off last night. I feel as if I found a soul-mate and let him go. I'm upset even though I believe I have made the right decision to follow through on commitments I have made to the best of my ability....

WOW! So much preamble...I can't say I'll never be back....it's just that I'm feeling overwhelmed. Thanks for your cool site, and today's assistance/social work...for me, myinnerchild and I.
Happy trails to you, HIGH fives!

This is such a mind blower man...! Thanks. XXXOOO

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Edited by MyInnerChild (06/12/07 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7032562 - 06/11/07 05:43 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So you were gonna cheat on your husband, but didn't at the last minute?
Who was the kid? You don't have to go because of that.
Alot of us have banged other shroomerites... or tried to.

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7032573 - 06/11/07 06:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you and your husband could use this:

www.altplayground.net

Good luck!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #7032630 - 06/11/07 07:13 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
I want to share this letter, which  I wrote to tech support just now, with all you Shroomers who were supportive, informative, fun and just plain freaky folks for me here....the rest of you...I still wish you well as I do everyone else...let's all get a life...me included, as you will see as you read!  lol...sigh...xxxooo

Hello Shroomery guys...
I just went through a Shroomery odyssey!
Background: Wife does mushrooms in H.S.
married, teacher and mother 26 years later wife (me) in attempt to assist husband with his mid-life crisis, describes mushrooms to husband, (who did acid 100 times during H.S. saw the Dead/Hot Tuna etc.) who is also a teacher, and is a father and, like I said, husband. :smile:
Husband grows mushrooms...trips...loves it needless to say. Wife and he trip together...enlightenment occurs over time, reintroducing use of weed in our evenings, increased communication/introspection etc.

In her introspection wife surfs the Shroomery, but finds out that while she finds it comprehensive and fascinating,
she doesn't "fit in" on most levels, being an "old" (44) female, straight laced teacher (why don't some of the posters believe that even though it's true? :smile: lol )...and so she goes to "chat" to find someone intelligent to pm with as an outlet for some personal/family frustration and ADD issues etc.

She, (I) found a young man...22 years old, and he, unless he was just telling me what I wanted to hear...and I didn't get that impression, seemed like someone I could REALLY enjoy spending quality talking, tripping, and  cuddling time with. We started "talking" about getting together...me traveling from NY State, him from B.C., for us to meet in another Canadian city this summer...
I was surprised and petrified over how I felt so strongly for this individual I'd never met....and backed off last night. I feel as if I found a soul-mate and let him go. I'm upset even though I believe I have made the right decision to follow through on commitments I have made to the best of my ability....

WOW! So much preamble just to ask you how I can cancel my site name, password etc. here...I can't say I'll never be back....it's just that I'm feeling overwhelmed. Thanks for your cool site, and today's assistance/social work...for me, myinnerchild and I.
Happy trails to you, HIGH fives!

Please include the full text of this letter in your reply...I, seriously, need to print it out to read to my family counselor when I see her alone in two weeks.

This is such a mind blower man...! Thanks. XXXOOO

Please don't leave the shroomery over this.

I FULLY understand where you are coming from, being 40 myself and having a crush on another female (not my wife).

Be strong and follow your gut feelings, they haven't steered me wrong yet.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: niteowl]
    #7032654 - 06/11/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm telling. :smirk:

No really though, don't leave. :heartpump:

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

#7032739 - 06/11/07 08:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis

--------------------
]

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7032795 - 06/11/07 09:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

So, you're not saying you don't love your husband, just the flattering, energetic words of a 22 year old made you feel young and special again?  It's understandable.  Good for you for not going through with it.  You foresaw a mistake, and put an end to it.  I also know you have said that you were going to get off of this site for a while now, yet still keep popping up.  Seriously, it's time to do it already before you do something you will really regret.

My best of luck to you, inner child.  With all the time and focus you spent typing away on this site, you could have been putting that focus toward your marriage and finding a way to bring back those youthful feelings and energy to your marriage.  You're only 44.  You are still young, believe it or not.  Quit using your age as a crutch and start concentrating on your real life, not this imaginary cyber-life we all use as an alter-persona.  You almost got swept up in it, but thank god you didn't do anything to jeopardize your reality.

Best of luck.  Hope I don't talk to you again.  :wink:

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #7032860 - 06/11/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
WOW! So much preamble just to ask you how I can cancel my site name, password etc. here...

You can't cancel them, but you can request an account perma-ban that will render your account inaccessible.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #7032868 - 06/11/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

HA!.

Please ban me because I can't ban myself. Classic. :stoned:

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#7032967 - 06/11/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Or just terrorise an angry moderator for a while. If you really think you're going to constantly have the temptation in front of you, maybe it's best to leave. You can always come back under an assumed identity and not have suave mr 22 year old trying it on again.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7033065 - 06/11/07 10:48 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I wish that 22.year.old was me. I love older womenz.:naughty:

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #7034516 - 06/11/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You guys are too much!!! I feel like I have a bunch of friends who are kind enough to tell me off but nice enough to word it so I don't cry. It's been tough here...peace in the house was threatened from several fronts...I felt totally alone as I faced starting medication for focus issues...
Today was day 4...it wasn't as SPEEEDY as the other days...actually got a lot of quality work done. For good or bad I had NO appetite...I can stand to lose 10 pounds but not more than that. I eschew the anorexic look so popular these days. Breasts are appealing to the male gender and those who starve themselves are doing their honnies a disservice, I feel.
I've been on a roller coaster of feelings and life-script re-writes and I'm just facing more. I'm glad I had this site to voice my turmoil. You're quality friends, truly. Who else could "get" this mind of mine? lol.
I deeply appreciate your responses. Now that I'm focused I guess I'll have to get a summer job....maybe go to the land of Shrooms this summer some time. Lie in the grass, look at the stars and realize how tiny a spark in the universe I am and accept my right to grow as an individual and a member of my family/community and yes...this community!
Happy trails and "high" fives....
XXXOOO MIC

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#7034701 - 06/11/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting story

Don't risk your relation to have sex with a shroomerite. They're mostly bad lays, and I say this from experience. (though really, the only shroomerite I've had sex with is myself)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: djfrog]
    #7035215 - 06/11/07 08:42 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Don't risk your relation to have sex with a shroomerite. They're mostly bad lays, and I say this from experience. (though really, the only shroomerite I've had sex with is myself)

:lolz0rz:

--------------------

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM Happy Birthday!
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: djfrog]
    #7035223 - 06/11/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i dated a shroomerite once. best sex of my life.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: Alice Cooper said: Welcome to my nightmare...I say: Welcome to my mid-life crisis! [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #7035814 - 06/11/07 10:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
i dated a shroomerite once. best sex of my life.

you need to date more people then :P

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

#7040001 - 06/12/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, well, I'd like to clarify a few points...
The young man in question, mature beyond his years, and I both understood that the chances of us actually meeting were about 15% in reality and 85% in fantasy...(but what a sweet fantasy it was!). In that 15%, we both agreed, the chance of us engaging in actual intercourse was close to nil. It could never be considered impossible in that, we already liked and appreciated each other and when two people who are attracted to each other get together well...you just never know right?

I came right out and told him I was petrified at the idea of engaging in actual sex with him (as opposed to virtual sex, wink) even though I was curious to see him face to face.

I finally understood what I hadn't till now...that someone could connect deeply with someone they'd never met live and in person.

So many things "clicked" between us. It's funny that one of those things was us both being Canadian, (eh?). He knows what a loon sounds like!...sigh lol.  I told him that part of me would have preferred that he was a baby, nerd, nut case or pseudo-intellectual like most of the other "chatters" so to make it easier to end it. while I look back at the whole thing as a gift, I also take full responsibility for having engaged him in "conversation" in the first place.

I really hadn't anticipated it taking off like that/taking so much time. It would be 9:30 his time and 12:30 my time and we'd "shmooze" for two hours!

One motivation for ending it was that I simply couldn't invest that much time into it any longer. I don't live alone.

Another was that I found myself really falling for that guy...I was incredulous over the entire thing. I'd suggested meeting ala: "An Affair to Remember" (Cary Grant-Debra Kerr) or "Sleepless in Seattle" (Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan). I'm a self confessed romantic...roll eyes...(there I did it for you lol).

I clicked out that last time with my heart pounding...I'm going to miss him and I won't forget him. Lot's to talk about with my counselor when I see her next...smile.
XXXOOO
Thanks for listening...signed...me, my innerchild and I... :smile:

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #7040040 - 06/12/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Didn't we both agree to keep this whole ordeal hush hush?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM Happy Birthday!
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #7040090 - 06/12/07 11:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

you're definitely right. i've only ever been in two relationships.

although he was good, damn good. i actually think you might know who it is. but i'm not gonna say anything here.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#7040499 - 06/13/07 12:40 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyInnerChild said:
I finally understood what I hadn't till now...that someone could connect deeply with someone they'd never met live and in person.

So many things "clicked" between us...........

Imagine if you will, having met and known this person for over 10 years. A 3-4 year break, then a sudden showing up of them again, in your life when you needed another soul-mate.

I do not believe in coincidence, and think that we are both (gf and I ) ready for each other.

Only time will tell.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale