Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprimex
Stranger

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: Ego Death]
    #7038083 - 06/12/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have HPPD and i see that shit constantly. i get alot of green clock hands spinning and leaving trails. ihave seena purple goldfish cracker, mario running, a sheep on wheels, DNA strands. Music helps them kick in. I have also seen check boards. and listen kid, your mom grew up int he 70's shes done more drugs than you will ever see man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineprimex
Stranger

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: primex]
    #7038100 - 06/12/07 01:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

and belive it or not, i can see things with my eyes closed. poeple walking, a hand in front of my face. i tested it with my friends.... he held up fingers in front of my face with my eyes completely closed and i got it right everytime. he was amazed but still does nto belive i have HPPD

Offlineprimex
Stranger

#7038102 - 06/12/07 01:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

like uhh "how many ifingers am i holding up? " ya know

Invisiblein_sherman
Stranger
    #7038112 - 06/12/07 01:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have had CEV's forever, since before I started using drugs... I thought nothing of it. I don't really see any material objects, just brightly colored patterns and waves.

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: lsg1]
    #7038475 - 06/12/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lsg1 said:
Quote:

kaniz said:

I recall reading about one guy who would see mathematical forms as landscapes in his minds-eye, and could complete complex mathematical problems by rearranging what he saw.

Take a look at this awesome documentary about him. At first I thought it was going to be another lame "this kid is a super fast calculator!" story, but the fascincating part is exactly as you described -- he would (or, does) arrive at the correct answers after seeing the mental images of blob-like shapes and those shapes' interactions with each other.

Thanks for the link, I'll give that a watch later - I remember being pretty interested by the articles I had read, didnt know a documentary was made about it.

Offlinedr.gonzo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: in_sherman]
    #7039531 - 06/12/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

in_sherman said:
I have had CEV's forever, since before I started using drugs... I thought nothing of it. I don't really see any material objects, just brightly colored patterns and waves.

same here maybe it is just something you are born with like you know some people that have a "high" personality people thought i was smoking pot a lot before i ever smoked i didn't talk about it a lot or said i do but because of my character i think some people can get their minds in certain "modes" (i can't think of a better word right now) then other people it's almost like some people are good at math some people are good at sports and some people are good at getting high (not that people can only be good at one thing you know what i mean)

you say your mom had a drug free life but did she ever feel attracted to any drugs? does she have a character like a stereotypically drug user?

p.s
all of the above might just be bull-shit
and this is my first post here

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: dr.gonzo]
    #7039704 - 06/12/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I am a visionary artist and I have visions of art plenty of times. Not constantly but mostly when I am focusing on my art and sometimes I feel like I see things with eyes closed that are more real then the things I have seen in reality. I think this is because I just have a very visual mind, my dreams are more visual then most people(So I have been told). I think this just means I have a good imagination. I never see patterns or crazy trippy shapes more of just landscapes and things of the sort. I don't think my brain has some kind of natural psychedelic thing going on or anything. I also feel like hallucinating is just our brain confusing imagination with reality. I bet your mom would be good at art, but I don't think that this is a rare thing. Like some have said they see cev when there tired, kinda goes with my theory. I bet musicians hear music all the time witch helps them with expressing them self musically.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: clemens]
    #7039761 - 06/12/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What id like to know is how did this conversation even come about?

-Hey son, im seeing patterns
-MOM we can TRIP together!!!
-Trip?
-"gulp"

OfflineDigitalUnicorn
DaydreamsAplenty!
Male

Loc: Southern California
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: TMshroom]
    #7045036 - 06/14/07 06:51 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Before I started doing drugs, and afterwards as well, I've entered states of trance where I'll simply sit (like say in a car on a long ride in the back), and visualize with extreme lucidity. I've also had moments akin to drug-induced joyous euphoria, complete with rising energy sensations up the neck and spine. On another note, I've consistently been struck with the distinct impression while tripping that I was almost reliving the sensation of my childhood. It wasn't so much that anything in particular stood out, more of just perceptual deja-vu. I personally think that most drug users vastly underestimate the potential of the human brain as a way of inducing perception change, perhaps because we've become accustomed to experiencing it on demand with the help of a bag of fungus or a square of blotter. However I should note that I'm pretty damn sure based on my longstanding insomnia, superskinny physique and the likeness of many of these spontaneous experiences to my travails with MDMA and amphetamines that my body is wierd in some way and gives me lots of seratonin sometimes (I'm thinking hypomania or something)...but I don't complain about being able write til the wee hours of the night feeling as if I would never achieve such clarity again or seeing glimpses of psychedelic beauty while just walking around doing nothing in particular; It almost feels better when a rush of euphoria just shoots up your spine out of nowhere than to have it come while you're thinking 'I took a pill a little while ago, I do believe it's starting', though the duration can sometimes be fleeting.

I wonder if something similar is the case with your mother. Endogenous DMT is produced in the human brain and other organs.

from the overview of DMT: The Spirit Molecule, by Dr. Rick Strassman:

"I was drawn to DMT because of its presence in all of our bodies. Perhaps excessive DMT production, coming from the mysterious pineal gland, was involved in naturally occurring "psychedelic" states. These might include birth, death and near-death, psychosis, and mystical experiences."

I'm pretty sure the majority of what strassman infers from the data is pretty speculative, so take that with a grain of salt.

--------------------
Will it ever be the great ice cream cone in the sky?

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: DigitalUnicorn]
    #7045299 - 06/14/07 09:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i think stuff like this roots from childhood. i remember when i was a kid i would get sensations all the time as if i were trippin. i also remember as a child, i would see every single dust particle in the air... as you grow your mind filters out ''unimportant'' information like this... it all depends on how its integrated in your life.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds