Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJon

Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping?
    #7030030 - 06/10/07 01:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I remember talking to my friend about how he tripped on LSD and saw strands of DNA between his palms. Recently I hippi flipped and began to see the webbing between my fingers become very clear, it was DNA strands spinning on the tips of my fingers. Is this hallucination rather common?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrizzlefry420
Stranger
Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: Jon]
    #7030207 - 06/10/07 02:00 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

if your trippin hard enough and have good control you can see pretty much anything you want but i havent ever seen dna strands myself

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: frizzlefry420]
    #7030223 - 06/10/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have seen every vein and artery in my arm, it was insane. I always can see crazy things on my body, seems ot freak others out but it just interests me. My buddy always thinks he is some weird color because his skin, as does mine, looks like a yellow-orange color.

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#7030226 - 06/10/07 02:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have done with my eyes closed before, yes. That was on a combination of ayahuasca and liberty caps.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #7030468 - 06/10/07 03:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i hear its fairly common with DMT

--------------------

Offlinebenton
Psyborg

Loc: The Clouds
Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7030713 - 06/10/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That is pretty ironic because the double helix was discovered by scientists on low doses of LSD.

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#7030750 - 06/10/07 04:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yes my whole body turned into a dna spiral, but i didn't just see it i felt it too, and felt a connection to everything in a different kind of way. can't remember if i was on mushrooms or acid..

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

InvisibleDontFearThePeepr
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: benton]
    #7030812 - 06/10/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

benton said:
That is pretty ironic because the double helix was discovered by scientists on low doses of LSD.

that was my first thought when i read this. that's pretty fucking interesting.

--------------------
It's only the strongest people who will actually help

OfflineDiabloSmurf
Shake it.. Shakeit.. sugaree!
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: DontFearThePeepr]
    #7030847 - 06/10/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

same here.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: DiabloSmurf]
    #7030990 - 06/10/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I feel very connected to this subject. At the same time I dont know what to say.

I would like to ask a question.
Why is evolution more amazing than most people understand?
Why is the evolution machine so damn smart?

A walking stick doesnt see the same colors we see yet it evolves into the same color as the plant(go figure). It also starts to look like the plants it feeds on(takes shape). It develops textures of the plant that it has been climbing on for so many years. All through the senses.

Anyone heard of a spider-ant, or a moth that looks like an owl when in its defensive posture. The beetle with a gut full of strong acids to be sprayed for defensive purposes, and has a gut that can resist its own poisons.
These bugs are not chemists......lol

The degree to which dna reacts to the cognition and memory banks of animals..........hmmmm.

DNA is one smart cookie.

This has been a subject of interest for myself, and many scientists.
To guage the interaction between our thoughts and our dna is virtually impossible. You know what is also funny. The hefter institute has done more to take the shroud off these questions than almost anyone(dennis msckenna). These test were done with psychedelics and lsd reacted the most strongly actually.
DNA acts directly on cognition and there is most certainly a mutual communication between the two.
From these studies, they found that lsd directly effects the way dna acts on cognition.
Even if it was a botched study, we all know this to be the truth. I have no idea how they conducted these tests either.

Some people have never thought about this often. Well psychedelics are one way to understand how strange and almost alien dna is.

It has a symbiosis with the body and mind of any given animal.
It speaks......... And is very intelligent. It inherently makes conscious decisions in a very weird way.

Many viruses have become immune to modern antibiotics etc in our life time. That worked pretty quickly ay? And you cant teach a virus how to make lsd. Im sure it appreciates the massive amount of intelligence it has in its limited amount of dna.

ANyone who is religious and discards evolution and shuns it, dont realize what a gold mine it really is in the way of supporting their "opinions".

Edited by yageman (06/10/07 06:20 PM)

OfflineRizn
Irrelevent

Loc: Beyond
Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: yageman]
    #7031127 - 06/10/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

With my eyes closed yes.

--------------------
There are no facts, only opinions, there are universally held opinions but that does not make them facts.

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: Rizn]
    #7031560 - 06/10/07 08:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

YES. on about 5 grams of very potent cubes. although it was so intense i couldnt tell you if my eyes were open or closed.

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #7031625 - 06/10/07 09:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard accounts of people hallucinating aztec imagery. Are these images pulled from some ancient memory or are they the product of our own experiences?

yageman, evolution doesn't occur through the senses as you say. A walking stick, for example, develops its traits through natural selection. Traits that are beneficial, such as looking like the environment (camouflage), allow the individual to pass on his/her genes. The sticks that weren't convincing to their predators were eaten. Over time, the species looks more like sticks. It's natural selection, not dna reacting to memory banks as you say.

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

OfflineBoomer_Time
Stranger
Re: Have you ever hallucinated strands of DNA tripping? [Re: scout24]
    #7031693 - 06/10/07 09:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes i have seen them on both Shrooms and LSD. Always do i see them in the "void", and as others have said here i feel them and communicate with them also.

User Gallery

#7031703 - 06/10/07 09:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

this link is pretty interesting and somewhat pertinent

http://www.miqel.com/entheogens/increased_perceptual_frequency.html

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#7031721 - 06/10/07 09:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i get a lot of seni transparent amphibian skin and translucent films with images you can see through - strongly reminiscent of celluloid or slide film pictures.
kodachrome

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7031727 - 06/10/07 09:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scout24 said:

yageman, evolution doesn't occur through the senses as you say. A walking stick, for example, develops its traits through natural selection. Traits that are beneficial, such as looking like the environment (camouflage), allow the individual to pass on his/her genes. The sticks that weren't convincing to their predators were eaten. Over time, the species looks more like sticks. It's natural selection, not dna reacting to memory banks as you say.

Well sir, you dont know what the hell you are talking about.
Only because what you say it true and somehow you had to contradict the post.

I really am getting sick of this place and all the kids here.

"natural selection" Do you have any idea what this really means?

I learned what you just said in 4th grade.......

Im not going to write a book so you can understand where im coming from.

I expect that most people can understand short hand writing, and im sorry you had to enlighten me with your text book crap.

All that crap is true big guy.

Just read between the lines a bit more.

It most certainly does occure through the senses.
Which one dies out first has nothing to do with the dna that porovided them the developmental info at any given time.

I am just getting tired of people who know nothing and try to teach people a thing or two by displaying their ignorance.

You want to know a FACT. There are people trying to understand how dna acts on cognition as we speak(and how cognition and the senses act on dna), and if you ask a college professor about what im saying they have NO ANSWER............

There is no answer.

An animal that looks EXACTLY like a leaf is one hell of a thing, wouldnt you say?

Thats all natural though..right?..........lol

Evolution is one hell of a thing to wrap your mind around, and it is all natural.

You dont seem to see what I can see. Its as clear as day.

Animals that have no conscience supposedly can adapt in some very intelligent ways.
Thats why I gave so many examples of such evolutionary feats.

Did the beetle that squirts acid out of its ass ever have the chance to pass on the experience?

What is it you are suggesting here?
That I dont know about natural selection, or that I believe in some really crazy shit.

So ya, Im certain that you missed the point. Thanks for the rudimentary crap though.

Why dont you tell me why some of the most primal fish use their tongue as bait. And what do you know, it looks just like shrimp and other small crustations.

Ya, if you think evolution is blind then you have a thing or two to learn.

Evolution and dna is so much bigger than when you say "its all natural selection".

I guess one walking stick just did better than the rest because it was the right color....lol

Or that the textures of certain animals is almost an exact replica of there desired ecosystem(a certain tree etc).

Bottom feeders etc...........

So ya, you missed the point, and there is a reason bottom feeders have a mouth where it is.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (06/10/07 10:23 PM)

User Gallery

#7031839 - 06/10/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i think yageman is right. your explanation doesnt even hint toward why those bugs started looking like sticks to begin with, which is what happens to be the point that he was trying to make; that everything is the way it is for a very specific reason.

the eerie thing is that it's like dna has a sort of outside perspective, where even though the species itself wouldnt be able to notice a flaw in its own blueprint, the dna somehow picks up cues on where to improve/change/develop its own genetic design.

explanations to this sort of phenomenon must be very deep within the rabbit hole.

--------------------

OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
    #7031949 - 06/10/07 10:28 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DontFearThePeepr said:
Quote:

benton said:

that was my first thought when i read this. that's pretty fucking interesting.

Ditto. I just had to write a paper relating to DNA. I included this allusion, of course. :bigblunt::thumbup:

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7031967 - 06/10/07 10:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DontFearThePeepr said:
i think yageman is right. your explanation doesnt even hint toward why those bugs started looking like sticks to begin with, which is what happens to be the point that he was trying to make; that everything is the way it is for a very specific reason.

the eerie thing is that it's like dna has a sort of outside perspective, where even though the species itself wouldnt be able to notice a flaw in its own blueprint, the dna somehow picks up cues on where to improve/change/develop its own genetic design.

explanations to this sort of phenomenon must be very deep within the rabbit hole.

I dont thinki that could be more true.

I know I dont let someone tell me how far my mind can delve, and I most certainly wouldnt take a middle school science class again.

The degree to which psychedelics can make this point of view obvious is questionable.

They can help you to evolve, whether it be your personality, your relation with the world around you, or beyond that perhapse.

There is much knowledge to be had, and I wouldnt discount some input from your dna if you thought that is a viable path that you know just enough about..

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom