Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJudgeHacksaw
The Judge hasspoken.

First time for everything -newbie rant
    #701781 - 06/25/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

well i believe there is a first time for everything. . .im not much of a big drug user but i dont frown on something that i havent tried. . .i cant badmouth what i have no experience with. . .

only 'drug' if you wanna call it that. . .that i have done is alcohol. . .im not too attracted to smoking. . .so i dont think ill experience weed or anything of the such like that anytime soon. . .

and ive always wanted to try a mind opening/expanding experience. . .so being uneducated at this i naturally picked something out of my mind that i new would accomplish this. . .acid and lsd first came to mind. . .talked to friends and then decided against this. . .then shrooms came into the picture. . .seems like the right choice. . .has ups and downs but id rather have something natural then cooked up in a lab . . .

so after looking around i stumbled across this site. . .quite a fucking good site i must say. . .i read through a few FAQs and such and because less ignorant of shrooms. . .

now i wanna try them. . .but i have no real contacts and im weary of buying from people i dunno. . .

how hard is growing them. . .

how much of a mind opening experience is it. . .im all for expanding my mentals and an experience like this could be dope. . .i dont plan on making shrooms my daily life though. . .

so i dunno anything a newbie to the 'scene' if you want to call it that. . .that i should know?

any other good natural mind enhancements that i should look up on?

sorry to take up any time for my ignorance

--------------------

Edited by KaZe (06/25/02 07:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: First time for everything -newbie rant [Re: JudgeHacksaw]
    #701907 - 06/25/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

do you own a cat?

InvisibleJudgeHacksaw
The Judge hasspoken.

Re: First time for everything -newbie rant [Re: deepr]
    #701916 - 06/25/02 08:49 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ye

his name is pepsi

=)

--------------------

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #701977 - 06/25/02 09:53 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It's not hard to do...

All I have to say is follow Direction close.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #702118 - 06/26/02 01:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>how hard is growing them. . .
Not very, if you follow the directions.
Check out http://shroomery.org/faq/faq.php?list=category&nr=1&prog=1&lang=en&onlynewfaq=1 .

>how much of a mind opening experience is it...
Very much so!
But when you do them, start low(1.5 g dry) and take more on the subsequent trips.

>i dont plan on making shrooms my daily life though. . .
Very reasonable. It?s not something one can do on a daily basis, once or twice a month is more than enough.

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #702222 - 06/26/02 04:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

weed can also be experienced without smoking it. read up on it before you decide not to do it. if you're that new you may have heard dumb shit like it kills brain cells and makes you impotent. that shit isnt true at all. research it a bit, it is one of the least harmful "drugs" there is. just thought id advocate my favorite plant! good luck!

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #702233 - 06/26/02 04:56 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Although it takes some time and patience, growing shrooms is very easy! It's also a very fun and rewarding hobby in my opinion.
Some people seem to undergo "mind expansion" from shrooms... Others just take em to "get fucked up." It's all in what you're looking for really... From my experience, it will definitely make you think about some things and generally make you a better person.
Growing shrooms is a great choice for someone like you!

-RebelSteve

P.S. I agree with Beatle... Don't rule out marijuana just because you don't want to smoke it. In my experience, it has been a most rewarding plant. I do not even like to consider it a drug.

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleJudgeHacksaw
The Judge hasspoken.

Re: First time for everything -newbie rant [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #702383 - 06/26/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ah yes in my close mindedness i seemed to have forgotten about the other forms of it using marijuana . . .my question is are the other forms of use as potent as smoking it? never mind the killing braincells and shit. . .everything nowadays does that to some degree. . .and hell right now im painting in a poorly ventillated area so no biggie there on the braincell tip . . .im just not one for smoking wether it be cigs or js. . .id love to try it but its just some weird personal thing i have. . .

as far as growing shrooms. . .so they are easy to grow? ive seen a mailing list to companies. . .so i assume the spores can be ordered legaly. . .

i also saw the pics on the site of growing environments. . .and saw some of the contamination ones. . .is it tough to stage off contamination? or if you follow all the right logcial steps without screwing anything up . . .youll have a nice batch. . .cause im temped to grow some but im still in the dark about a few things

ye im not looking to get 'fucked up'. . .i wanna expand my mind and i personally feel there are too many barriers to do it with out the aid or something. . .its like a key to a locked door that hides a stash of wisdom or insight or something of the such. . .might even aid my art and writing. . .

thats a lot for the replies thus far. . .they have been very helpful

--------------------

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #702574 - 06/26/02 07:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My friend found it much easier then expected. It cost a little over $100 US for a descent setup. Out of 13 jars he innoculated - he lost 1 because of contamination - and that one didnt even innoculate. It was just sitting around for like a month then finally got green stuff growing in it. He lost 2 jars due to the water boiling out of the pot, then adding more water - the water caused the 2 to explode. He has had excellent reaults so far. - As long as you follow the directions and be careful you wont fail.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #702579 - 06/26/02 07:30 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It might change your art.
My art definetly has a different style since I've used mushrooms and smoked weed.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #702809 - 06/26/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

On marijuana: There are certain recipes for cooking pot which will give you a better, longer buzz than smoking it; or so I've heard. I've never tried cooking pot b/c I have a personal thing where I like to smoke things

On growing: Yes, spores are legal to possess and sell. Do not worry about ordering them from a company, as no legal results can follow. However, be very careful about who you tell about your new hobby. In fact, I would recommend not telling anyone. Keep it a secret.
Also, I spent probably less than $50 for everything I needed to start growing (including the spores). When making the jars, I think it's very important to follow all the procedures step by step. Read the Growing Guide over and over, and have one handy while you are doing the steps. The sterilization precautions in the beginning (while making the jars) are most important b/c that is when you are most likely to get contams. Once the cakes are 100% colonized and birthed, they can usually fight of any contams.
In addition, my growing chamber was completely MacGuyver Makeshift style, and I still did very well. I didn't monitor the temp or humidity with any instruments, I just tried to estimate. Apparently I'm a good estimator
But anyway... Order some spores, get the materials you need, and get started! You will thoroughly enjoy the entire process!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #703110 - 06/26/02 03:34 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

kaze,

there are many ways to injest cannabis. the basic way is this. take your buds, i use at least an eigth of commercial, and put them in a pot with one stick of butter. simmer until butter turns brown. now most of the THC is in the butter, you can even strain the leaves out if you like, i leave em in for good measure. you can get really really high doing this. it is slightly different than smoking but almost the same. how high you get is just gonna depend on how much you use and the quality. ( oh and dont simmer too long).
it is kinda neat think that you are out there experienceing these things for the first time and you are lucky that you came here so that the people on these boards can provide you with the info you need. yeah, and there are many other things, apperently maybe even fried foods now, that are way worse for you than weed. good luck!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #703433 - 06/26/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Leary Biscuits:
1) Get out some crackers
2) Put a piece of cheese on each cracker
3) Put some bud on top of the cheese (1/2 gram per cracker seems to work nice)
4) Microwave crackers on high for 30 seconds until cheese is nice hot and melted.
5) Eat as many of them as you want.

I ate 4 of them my first time and had a blast. The high is QUITE different than smoked bud, in my opinion. It last a good while longer (6 hours for me, sometimes) and is WAY more "trippy" than smoked, almost like a low shroom trip.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: First time for everything -newbie rant [Re: trendal]
    #703470 - 06/26/02 05:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Eating weed is a different expierence, it takes more to get off on then smoking it... but it comes on much slower(1+ hour for me atleast) and lasts for a logn time. I kept thinking "am i high yet, hmm maybe a little" Then i got up once to go to the bathroom "woah"... good times.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: First time for everything -newbie rant [Re: baraka]
    #703502 - 06/26/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ive taken to eating buds recently... just chew up a bud and swallow it, and within 5 or 10 minutes you can already feel it... its very nice...
however last night i ate too much, went for a bike ride, being stupid, going too fast, on that horrible evil sharp concrete shit, fell off, wasted myself, blacking out, road stuck in body, wont come out etc...

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #703688 - 06/26/02 06:47 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Good thing you posted...Instead of posting something like : "Hey I don't know anthing about shrooms, but I ate 7 of them the other night" Do your research! Growing them is fairly easy. My first time I had no contamination, and I gained a nice bounty of beauties.

OfflineSupafly
Stranger
Re: First time for everything -newbie rant [Re: TomInWonderland]
    #703736 - 06/26/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i have also thought about growing them and wanted to know about how long does it take to grow?

--------------------
in my opinion... shrooms are the best.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals