Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg
    #7013912 - 06/05/07 10:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Number of mainstream U.S. news outlets that reported on Paris over the past week: 10,000+

http://news.google.com/news?um=1&tab=wn&ie=utf8&oe=utf8&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US&q=parishilton

Number of mainstream U.S. news outlets that reported on a meeting of nearly 200 of the world's most powerful people this past weekend; Less than a handful.

http://news.google.com/news?um=1&tab=wn&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf8&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US&q=bilderberg

The Bilderberg Group meeting, an annual conference at which the consensus for future global policy is provably manifested, again passed by with barely a mention on behalf of America's corporate media.

Are you informed?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #7013967 - 06/05/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

And one of those news articles was from an attendee.

Quote:

What was discussed at Bilderberg?
Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mehmet Ali Birand

I, too, attended the three-day Bilderberg meetings on the weekend. It took place under extensive secrecy and security. We were confined to the Ritz Carlton Hotel. There were nearly 100 participants. No one else was allowed into the hotel; not even one single outsider was let in. We went to sleep, got up, ate at the same place and held meetings one after the other from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.

My head was full of questions before going into the meetings. The identities of the attendees were known beforehand. They were all very prominent people.

What could have happened when so many famous and important people got together? Of course, according to our conspiracy theories, scenarios had to be written and decisions had to be made. If one studied the articles in the media, he or she was left with an impression that even the Turkish president could be chosen at the meetings.

I settled in my room with this excitement. I wore my best suit, put on my most stylish tie, and went down…

My excitement intensified when I looked around me. I was surrounded by people who almost constantly made it in newspaper and television headlines.

I wondered what else I would experience once the meetings started. So I let the tide of Bilderberg carry me away…

I was dead-tired at the end of the three days.

I got out of one meeting to go into the next. I needed to participate, ask questions, and watch attentively. Everyone took the meetings seriously. Nobody would leave the sessions to go outside, stroll around, and have coffee.

On the last day, when I looked at my notes, I was completely disappointed. Where were the secret decisions? Where were the conspiracy theories? And were there not supposed to be decisions made about presidential elections and a coup attempt?

Where?

There were neither secret plans made, nor secret sentences uttered, nor secret decisions taken. It was no different than hundreds of other high-end international conferences I had attended.

There was nothing different except for the influence of the participants.

On the other hand, it was heaven for someone interested in international relations, just like myself. I got to breath the air. I learned a lot.

I would like to give a couple of examples:

We started at the developments in Iraq and went on to discuss China's place in the world. Would it be a single-polar world, or a multi-polar one?

How Iran's nuclear power would affect all of us was discussed in detail. Concerns on the issue were conveyed.

The developments in the United States, what the elections would bring, and how the public opinion in the United States was progressing was deliberated.

The most important issues facing the world, from energy policies to expansion in the communication technologies, were reviewed.

At the end of the three days, we have learned and discussed the world's most prominent problems with the world's experts.

Turkey in Bilderberg

Of course, Turkey was also among the subjects discussed during the meetings.

And in two different sessions... Important questions were asked. Where the Justice and Development Party (AKP) was taking the country and whether there was a probability of a coup were deliberated.

There were four questions about Turkey:Who would win the elections?Was there the threat of a system change to Islamic canon law?Would there be a coup?Would Turkey intervene in Iraq?

The Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), the developments in Iraq, the Kurdish issue, and the events in northern Iraq were discussed in great detail.

I did not witness secretive plans or decisions. But I heard what the world's most prominent leaders thought about Turkey and their concerns. I saw how confused they were.

Most importantly, I saw that, at the end of the three days in Istanbul, their views about Turkey have become clearer and their knowledge of our country has deepened.

This is why holding the Bilderberg convention in Istanbul has proved to be beneficial for Turkey.

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=74966

That doesn't sound too worrisome to me.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg [Re: Redstorm]
    #7014657 - 06/06/07 04:42 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

> That doesn't sound too worrisome to me.

Obviously, as an insider, he is a tool being used to spout misinformation to help protect the secret meetings, or whatever the conspiracy folks think is going on...  :wink:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg [Re: Seuss]
    #7015274 - 06/06/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

and assuming he isn't, the question still remains, what reason is there to not report on this noteworthy event in the U.S. media mainstream?

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7015357 - 06/06/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

> what reason is there to not report on this noteworthy event in the U.S. media mainstream

Does the media usually report on board meetings and the like? Are these government officials are simply wealthy / influential business types? Perhaps the best question to be asking, what about the meeting is newsworthy?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
    #7015397 - 06/06/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
and assuming he isn't, the question still remains, what reason is there to not report on this noteworthy event in the U.S. media mainstream?

because US media reports what the people want. People in this country dont want to hear about meetings and international affairs, they want to know what is going on with Paris Hilton in jail.

This wasnt reported widely because no one really cares. News is about money...not news.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg [Re: dedjam]
    #7015404 - 06/06/07 12:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

no one really cares.

QFT. Only the most paranoid nitwits think this is anything.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7017033 - 06/06/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
QFT.  Only the most paranoid nitwits think this is anything.

well obviously it is something, or else it wouldn't be happening. :smirk:

@gopenguins: yeah that makes a lot of sense. it's too bad that U.S. news nowadays is becoming more and more a form of entertainment for the public mind. thankfully there is still the internet.

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #7017862 - 06/07/07 01:16 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, if it is as it is on the surface, then at the least i would think some magazines or something would pick up on some of the analysis that may have been discussed.

you have a hundred of the most powerful and influential people in the world discussing world issues. why wouldn't anyone want to know what's on their minds?

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg [Re: Seuss]
    #7018672 - 06/07/07 09:56 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> what reason is there to not report on this noteworthy event in the U.S. media mainstream

Does the media usually report on board meetings and the like? Are these government officials are simply wealthy / influential business types? Perhaps the best question to be asking, what about the meeting is newsworthy?

G8?

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Corporate Media Hides Bilderberg [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #7024921 - 06/09/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

We need to prosecute Texas gov Rick Perry under the Logan Act for attending this meeting and selling out America's infrastructure!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2007/310507rickperry.htm

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale